Community Discussions and Support
Manage Mercury from a Beach Chair......

and enjoy your favourite Beach Cocktail instead of sitting in the "dark" server room. smile

Hello Mercurians,
after waiting too long I started my long desired web-interface for Mercury Mail. What started as a small privat project became a little bigger as I realized when working on it, why not making it available to other Mercury Mail users.

After creating, testing and testing and more testing it was finally finished and is ready to use, if you desire. smile
I tried to incorporate as much "daily to use" positions as possible and hope it will help others to maintain Mercury a little easier.

What can you expect ? Here we go:

Mail Server System
Check Server Module Status, online or off
Change various Template Files
Have the Mail Server Lookup Commands presented
Read and Edit Mercurys Configuration File as needed
Start, Restart and Stop the Server as needed to apply certain Changes. For some changes a Restart is automatically executed

User Management
List, Create and Delete Local User
Change User Passwords
Create/Delete Alias
Create/Delete Synonyms

SMTP Server
Update the SMTP Authentication File
Update the Transaction Filter
Update the Compliance Whitelist
Update the Kill File
Create & maintain Connection Control rules
Create & maintain RBLs

IMAP Server
Update the IMAP Login Alias File

POP3 Server
Update the POP3 Login Alias File

Content Control
Update Mercurys Spambust File
Update a Custom Content Control File
Update the Content Control Blacklist File
Update the Content Control Whitelist File

SpamHalter Daemon
Update the Sender Whitelist
Update the Local Receiver Exclude List

Mercury Logs
View the different Server Module Logs

System Requirements
A licensed Mercury Mail Server, as Mercury has to run as service, and a Web Server, both on the same machine. The Web Server must handle php, Server Side Includes (SSI) and if Mail Server Logs
are desired, Directory Listings have to be activated in the virtual host configuration for the logs directory.
The project is developed with Apache as Web Server.
Any other Web Server should work as well, maybe some changes to the SSI commands have to be adjusted.
Check the README in the archive for more detailed install instructions.
Questions, Comments or better ideas are welcome.

Enjoy!

Johannes

webinterface.zip

And a few images as well. Those are missing the IMAP and POP3 menu items as they came later. But you will get an idea, hopefully.

661f279aa90b9

661f27b3dfef4

661f27c07d538

661f2802068cf

and enjoy your favourite Beach Cocktail instead of sitting in the "dark" server room. 8) Hello Mercurians, after waiting too long I started my long desired web-interface for Mercury Mail. What started as a small privat project became a little bigger as I realized when working on it, why not making it available to other Mercury Mail users. After creating, testing and testing and more testing it was finally finished and is ready to use, if you desire. ;) I tried to incorporate as much "daily to use" positions as possible and hope it will help others to maintain Mercury a little easier. What can you expect ? Here we go: Mail Server System Check Server Module Status, online or off Change various Template Files Have the Mail Server Lookup Commands presented Read and Edit Mercurys Configuration File as needed Start, Restart and Stop the Server as needed to apply certain Changes. For some changes a Restart is automatically executed User Management List, Create and Delete Local User Change User Passwords Create/Delete Alias Create/Delete Synonyms SMTP Server Update the SMTP Authentication File Update the Transaction Filter Update the Compliance Whitelist Update the Kill File Create & maintain Connection Control rules Create & maintain RBLs IMAP Server Update the IMAP Login Alias File Create & maintain Connection Control rules POP3 Server Update the POP3 Login Alias File Create & maintain Connection Control rules Content Control Update Mercurys Spambust File Update a Custom Content Control File Update the Content Control Blacklist File Update the Content Control Whitelist File SpamHalter Daemon Update the Sender Whitelist Update the Local Receiver Exclude List Mercury Logs View the different Server Module Logs System Requirements A licensed Mercury Mail Server, as Mercury has to run as service, and a Web Server, both on the same machine. The Web Server must handle php, Server Side Includes (SSI) and if Mail Server Logs are desired, Directory Listings have to be activated in the virtual host configuration for the logs directory. The project is developed with Apache as Web Server. Any other Web Server should work as well, maybe some changes to the SSI commands have to be adjusted. Check the README in the archive for more detailed install instructions. Questions, Comments or better ideas are welcome. Enjoy! Johannes [webinterface.zip](serve/attachment&path=66228d6c6f2c5) And a few images as well. Those are missing the IMAP and POP3 menu items as they came later. But you will get an idea, hopefully. ![661f279aa90b9](serve/attachment&path=661f279aa90b9) ![661f27b3dfef4](serve/attachment&path=661f27b3dfef4) ![661f27c07d538](serve/attachment&path=661f27c07d538) ![661f2802068cf](serve/attachment&path=661f2802068cf)
edited Apr 19 at 4:27 pm

Hello Mercurians,

I found a small inconvenience in the configuration file for you to update your Mercury installation path. You will find a new variable instead of updating each file location.
The archive has now the new config-sample.php

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Johannes

Hello Mercurians, I found a small inconvenience in the configuration file for you to update your Mercury installation path. You will find a new variable instead of updating each file location. The archive has now the new config-sample.php Sorry for the inconvenience. Johannes

Hello Mercurians,

A new package as an optional addition to the Mercury Web Interface is ready for you. You like colourful statistical charts ?

663024c06ea91

The chart will show you the daily processed emails, day by day.
There is also the email-total up to today and at the end of the month the monthly total. These will be shown as numbers.

You just have to copy the contents of the archive to your vhost directory where you have install the web interface, change 2 file paths and create 3 Task scheduler jobs.
Detailed instructions are in the archive.
As usual, comments, suggestions are welcome.

chart.zip

Enjoy!
Johannes

Hello Mercurians, A new package as an optional addition to the Mercury Web Interface is ready for you. You like colourful statistical charts ? ![663024c06ea91](serve/attachment&path=663024c06ea91) The chart will show you the daily processed emails, day by day. There is also the email-total up to today and at the end of the month the monthly total. These will be shown as numbers. You just have to copy the contents of the archive to your vhost directory where you have install the web interface, change 2 file paths and create 3 Task scheduler jobs. Detailed instructions are in the archive. As usual, comments, suggestions are welcome. [chart.zip](serve/attachment&path=6630264739b84) Enjoy! Johannes
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft