Community Discussions and Support
v4.81 Windows XP installer won't open

Hi all
I am new to Pegasus Mail, and using it on Windows XP SP3. But I can't get the installer to open! It flashes up on the taskbar a couple of times and then crashes out. What can I do to fix this?
All the best

Hi all I am new to Pegasus Mail, and using it on Windows XP SP3. But I can't get the installer to open! It flashes up on the taskbar a couple of times and then crashes out. What can I do to fix this? All the best

It might be possible to get around this but it isn't supposed to anymore since you'll certainly get into several compatibility issues especially when it comes to using secure connections, I'm sorry. And to be clear on this: David Harris is on his way to limit it to only supporting Windows 10 and later more or less from now on - since as you certainly know MS is already phasing out Windows 10 as well except for customers paying for extended support.

It might be possible to get around this but it isn't supposed to anymore since you'll certainly get into several compatibility issues especially when it comes to using secure connections, I'm sorry. And to be clear on this: David Harris is on his way to limit it to only supporting Windows 10 and later more or less from now on - since as you certainly know MS is already phasing out Windows 10 as well except for customers paying for extended support.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

Thanks very much for confirming what I'd thought might be the case. The main website is I think (?) a bit fuzzy on system requirements so I wasn't sure.

Thanks very much for confirming what I'd thought might be the case. The main website is I think (?) a bit fuzzy on system requirements so I wasn't sure.

The main website is I think (?) a bit fuzzy on system requirements so I wasn't sure.

I already asked David Harris to add a note about this recently, but since he's more or less the only maintainer of everything he's got so much work on his plate this never happened until now.

[quote="pid:56549, uid:41006"]The main website is I think (?) a bit fuzzy on system requirements so I wasn't sure.[/quote] I already asked David Harris to add a note about this recently, but since he's more or less the only _maintainer of everything_ he's got so much work on his plate this never happened until now.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft