Community Discussions and Support
Deleted Messages persistance

[quote user="Brian"]

Ok I think I see what is happening. This folder is open on more then one computer. If a message is deleted on any one of these computers it will not delete the message even when that copy of pegasus is closed down because other useres are accessing that folder.

This means that this question is really related to Mercury/32 rather than Pegasus.

Is it possible to allow the deleting of messages in this circumstance when the folder is open by more than one client? 

[/quote]

Nope, Mercury/32 IMAP does not support the EXPUNGE command to delete the message on the server when there are multiple connections.  The EXPUNGE command is executed only on the closing of the last connection.

[quote user="Brian"]<p>Ok I think I see what is happening. This folder is open on more then one computer. If a message is deleted on any one of these computers it will not delete the message even when that copy of pegasus is closed down because other useres are accessing that folder. </p><p>This means that this question is really related to Mercury/32 rather than Pegasus.</p><p>Is it possible to allow the deleting of messages in this circumstance when the folder is open by more than one client? </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Nope, Mercury/32 IMAP does not support the EXPUNGE command to delete the message on the server when there are multiple connections.  The EXPUNGE command is executed only on the closing of the last connection.</p><p> </p>

I am using Mercury 32 4.52 and Pegasus 4.41 accessing my email via IMAP. The problem I have is that when I delete messages they sometimes reappear in my inbox at a later time. I cannot determine the pattern. If I am viewing the inbox and delete messages from it and continue viewing the inbox (without changing the focus) then the messages do not show up in the inbox. If I change the focus to another folder or close down pegasus and then re-open the inbox sometimes the deleted messages will "re-showup" in the inbox.

I have pegasus set up to copy deleted messages to a imap folder called trash. The email will end up the in the trash folder when I delete it and in fact I can end up with multiple copies there if I delete the messages another time.

Can anyone suggest a solution to this?

Thanks

Brian 

<p>I am using Mercury 32 4.52 and Pegasus 4.41 accessing my email via IMAP. The problem I have is that when I delete messages they sometimes reappear in my inbox at a later time. I cannot determine the pattern. If I am viewing the inbox and delete messages from it and continue viewing the inbox (without changing the focus) then the messages do not show up in the inbox. If I change the focus to another folder or close down pegasus and then re-open the inbox sometimes the deleted messages will "re-showup" in the inbox.</p><p>I have pegasus set up to copy deleted messages to a imap folder called trash. The email will end up the in the trash folder when I delete it and in fact I can end up with multiple copies there if I delete the messages another time. </p><p>Can anyone suggest a solution to this?</p><p>Thanks</p><p>Brian </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>

Just to update. The definataly appears to be a problem with Pegasus recognizing that a message is flagged as deleted. I have tried Thunderbird and when a message is deleted and the folder is refreshed the messages is still gone. I can even delete the message with Pegasus and then look at the folder with Thunderbird and the message will be gone.

So is this a bug in Pegasus or do I have Pegasus configured incorrectly?

<p>Just to update. The definataly appears to be a problem with Pegasus recognizing that a message is flagged as deleted. I have tried Thunderbird and when a message is deleted and the folder is refreshed the messages is still gone. I can even delete the message with Pegasus and then look at the folder with Thunderbird and the message will be gone.</p><p>So is this a bug in Pegasus or do I have Pegasus configured incorrectly?  </p>

[quote user="Brian"]

I am using Mercury 32 4.52 and Pegasus 4.41 accessing my email via IMAP. The problem I have is that when I delete messages they sometimes reappear in my inbox at a later time. I cannot determine the pattern. If I am viewing the inbox and delete messages from it and continue viewing the inbox (without changing the focus) then the messages do not show up in the inbox. If I change the focus to another folder or close down pegasus and then re-open the inbox sometimes the deleted messages will "re-showup" in the inbox.

I have pegasus set up to copy deleted messages to a imap folder called trash. The email will end up the in the trash folder when I delete it and in fact I can end up with multiple copies there if I delete the messages another time.

Can anyone suggest a solution to this?

Thanks

Brian 

[/quote]

Pegasus Mail does not issue the "EXPUNGE" command to delete messages on the server until you close the mailbox.  If you do not close the mailbox and you lose connection to the IMAP4 server then the deletions you have done will never be actually deleted from the IMAP4 server.

[quote user="Brian"]<p>I am using Mercury 32 4.52 and Pegasus 4.41 accessing my email via IMAP. The problem I have is that when I delete messages they sometimes reappear in my inbox at a later time. I cannot determine the pattern. If I am viewing the inbox and delete messages from it and continue viewing the inbox (without changing the focus) then the messages do not show up in the inbox. If I change the focus to another folder or close down pegasus and then re-open the inbox sometimes the deleted messages will "re-showup" in the inbox.</p><p>I have pegasus set up to copy deleted messages to a imap folder called trash. The email will end up the in the trash folder when I delete it and in fact I can end up with multiple copies there if I delete the messages another time. </p><p>Can anyone suggest a solution to this?</p><p>Thanks</p><p>Brian </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Pegasus Mail does not issue the "EXPUNGE" command to delete messages on the server until you close the mailbox.  If you do not close the mailbox and you lose connection to the IMAP4 server then the deletions you have done will never be actually deleted from the IMAP4 server.</p><p> </p>

Ok I think I see what is happening. This folder is open on more then one computer. If a message is deleted on any one of these computers it will not delete the message even when that copy of pegasus is closed down because other useres are accessing that folder.

This means that this question is really related to Mercury/32 rather than Pegasus.

Is it possible to allow the deleting of messages in this circumstance when the folder is open by more than one client? 

<p>Ok I think I see what is happening. This folder is open on more then one computer. If a message is deleted on any one of these computers it will not delete the message even when that copy of pegasus is closed down because other useres are accessing that folder. </p><p>This means that this question is really related to Mercury/32 rather than Pegasus.</p><p>Is it possible to allow the deleting of messages in this circumstance when the folder is open by more than one client? </p><p> </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft