Community Discussions and Support
Mercury New Install Multiple Domains

> Thanks for the help, your instructions were clear and worked for me.
> Now I am trying to determine a way to mass populate some of my
> larger mail lists, hopefully I will find it soon. The config file
> itself doesn't look formatted in a way this would be easy with an
> editor. If you know of a way to mass populate a mail list, I'm all
> ears.

Here's a utility from James Haley that makes this pretty easy.  I can't pass you a URL for his site since the one I have does not work.  I can provide a copy of the ZIP file though. It should be attached, if it is not contact me directly.

BuildMLF is a freeware utility program for use with Mercury Mail.

BuildMLF builds MLF files from text files.  In Mercury Mail, MLF files hold information about people subscribed to mailing lists.  

If you have previously used LIS2MLF for converting text files to MLF files, this does the same thing but adds some additional functions.  

This program is free, on the condition that you help support Mercury or Pegasus Mail. If you find this program useful, you use Mercury extensively and have a interest in seeing its success continue.  Here are several ways you could support Mercury and Pegasus Mail:  

* Buying a Pegasus Mail or Mercury Manual
* Not using Pegasus Mail or Mercury for uses against the Terms and Conditions, such as sending unsolicited bulk e-mail.
* Helping other Pegasus Mail or Mercury users.
* Writing and making available your own Pegasus utilities.

>
> Thanks again,
>
> Travis Wineinger  

> Thanks for the help, your instructions were clear and worked for me. > Now I am trying to determine a way to mass populate some of my > larger mail lists, hopefully I will find it soon. The config file > itself doesn't look formatted in a way this would be easy with an > editor. If you know of a way to mass populate a mail list, I'm all > ears. Here's a utility from James Haley that makes this pretty easy.  I can't pass you a URL for his site since the one I have does not work.  I can provide a copy of the ZIP file though. It should be attached, if it is not contact me directly. BuildMLF is a freeware utility program for use with Mercury Mail. BuildMLF builds MLF files from text files.  In Mercury Mail, MLF files hold information about people subscribed to mailing lists.   If you have previously used LIS2MLF for converting text files to MLF files, this does the same thing but adds some additional functions.   This program is free, on the condition that you help support Mercury or Pegasus Mail. If you find this program useful, you use Mercury extensively and have a interest in seeing its success continue.  Here are several ways you could support Mercury and Pegasus Mail:   * Buying a Pegasus Mail or Mercury Manual * Not using Pegasus Mail or Mercury for uses against the Terms and Conditions, such as sending unsolicited bulk e-mail. * Helping other Pegasus Mail or Mercury users. * Writing and making available your own Pegasus utilities. > > Thanks again, > > Travis Wineinger  

Hello,

I have a new install of W32 Mercury and have it working great for one domain name and several users. However, I need to add more than one domain name and indicate some users associated with one domain and other users with another domain on this same server. DNS for both my mail domains is configured to this server and all looks good. In Mercury I have added the additional domain name in the core module, local domains. I simply can't figure out how to associate users to domain. If it helps, this server is being set up as just a mail list server to receive incoming mail and then relay out to  subscribers (recipients). We will not have any client/server connections. The mail list configuration is working with the first domain I setup. It's just how to configure the one to one.

Thanks,

Travis Wineinger

<p>Hello, </p><p>I have a new install of W32 Mercury and have it working great for one domain name and several users. However, I need to add more than one domain name and indicate some users associated with one domain and other users with another domain on this same server. DNS for both my mail domains is configured to this server and all looks good. In Mercury I have added the additional domain name in the core module, local domains. I simply can't figure out how to associate users to domain. If it helps, this server is being set up as just a mail list server to receive incoming mail and then relay out to  subscribers (recipients). We will not have any client/server connections. The mail list configuration is working with the first domain I setup. It's just how to configure the one to one. </p><p>Thanks, </p><p>Travis Wineinger  </p><p>  </p>

All users are in all domains.  The only way you separate then is either via a "domain" account for each domain or aliases.  I would recommend using a domain account for this since you're not really delivering to anyone on the system anyway.

<p>All users are in all domains.  The only way you separate then is either via a "domain" account for each domain or aliases.  I would recommend using a domain account for this since you're not really delivering to anyone on the system anyway.</p><p> </p>

Thanks for the help, your instructions were clear and worked for me. Now I am trying to determine a way to mass populate some of my larger mail lists, hopefully I will find it soon. The config file itself doesn't look formatted in a way this would be easy with an editor. If you know of a way to mass populate a mail list, I'm all ears.

Thanks again,

Travis Wineinger  

<p>Thanks for the help, your instructions were clear and worked for me. Now I am trying to determine a way to mass populate some of my larger mail lists, hopefully I will find it soon. The config file itself doesn't look formatted in a way this would be easy with an editor. If you know of a way to mass populate a mail list, I'm all ears. </p><p>Thanks again, </p><p>Travis Wineinger  </p><p> </p>

I found one possible solution which is going ahead and formatting my subscription lists as indicated in the .mlf file then inserting my newly formatted lists into each appropriate .mlf file. This make take a little longer than I was hoping, but this is certainly better than entering them one at a time.

Status      Single character in [A,N,D,V,X]
#   Address     RFC822-reduced e-mail address
#   Name        RFC822 Ctext/Qtext component for name
#   Flags       16 printable ASCII characters
#   Postings    Postings since inception (8-digit, 0-padded)
#   SubsDate    Subscription date, YYMMDDHHMMSS
#   SubmDate    Last submission date
#   VacDate     Vacation date
#   Password    Password for user
#   Commentnames with the

<p>I found one possible solution which is going ahead and formatting my subscription lists as indicated in the .mlf file then inserting my newly formatted lists into each appropriate .mlf file. This make take a little longer than I was hoping, but this is certainly better than entering them one at a time. </p><p>Status      Single character in [A,N,D,V,X] #   Address     RFC822-reduced e-mail address #   Name        RFC822 Ctext/Qtext component for name #   Flags       16 printable ASCII characters #   Postings    Postings since inception (8-digit, 0-padded) #   SubsDate    Subscription date, YYMMDDHHMMSS #   SubmDate    Last submission date #   VacDate     Vacation date #   Password    Password for user #   Commentnames with the </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft