Community Discussions and Support
Portable Pegasus Mail

Hello!

I Pegasus to an usb stick almost a year ago, and there is something else you should try (in case you haven't find out that yet): there is a very useful tool in Pegasus' Program folder called "wssetup.exe".

Executing that file in every computer you want to use allows you to create desktop icons with the proper configuration
(in my experience, sometimes it fails, so maybe you'll need to correct the path in some computers...)

In my case, it's been working great, so if you have any issues, feel free to contact me.

Good luck,

Julian 

<p>Hello! I Pegasus to an usb stick almost a year ago, and there is something else you should try (in case you haven't find out that yet): there is a very useful tool in Pegasus' Program folder called "wssetup.exe".</p><p>Executing that file in every computer you want to use allows you to create desktop icons with the proper configuration (in my experience, sometimes it fails, so maybe you'll need to correct the path in some computers...) </p><p>In my case, it's been working great, so if you have any issues, feel free to contact me. </p><p>Good luck,</p><p>Julian </p>

Hi

Recently I decided to put my computing life on a USB stick. Virtually everything I need to do can be done with PortableApps (see portableapps.com) and a few other little programs that do not use the registry. No more lugging a laptop everywhere!

However, as a satisfied user and vigorous promoter of Pegasus Mail since 1993, I was saddened when I thought I would have to switch to something like Thunderbird. With over 4 GB of backed up Pegasus Mail and a well-evolved set of rules, identities and accounts, I really did not relish this thought.

How delighted I was to see that other users have successfully made Pmail portable! (see http://community.pmail.com/forums/thread/2763.aspx)

Could someone please point me toward a detailed set of instructions on what to edit so it works reliably from a USB stick on a Windows machine no matter what drive letter the stick is assigned.

I have searched every forum here that I thought might remotely have these instruction already, but so far have not found them.

Thanks (and I did cross-post to Wishlist for a PegasusPortable release!)

Mr Fair Go

(Australia)

<p> Hi </p><p>Recently I decided to put my computing life on a USB stick. Virtually everything I need to do can be done with PortableApps (see portableapps.com) and a few other little programs that do not use the registry. No more lugging a laptop everywhere! </p><p>However, as a satisfied user and vigorous promoter of Pegasus Mail since 1993, I was saddened when I thought I would have to switch to something like Thunderbird. With over 4 GB of backed up Pegasus Mail and a well-evolved set of rules, identities and accounts, I really did not relish this thought. </p><p>How delighted I was to see that other users have successfully made Pmail portable! (see http://community.pmail.com/forums/thread/2763.aspx) </p><p>Could someone please point me toward a detailed set of instructions on what to edit so it works reliably from a USB stick on a Windows machine no matter what drive letter the stick is assigned. I have searched every forum here that I thought might remotely have these instruction already, but so far have not found them. </p><p> Thanks (and I did cross-post to Wishlist for a PegasusPortable release!) </p><p>Mr Fair Go (Australia) </p>

You simply install as single user to the USB stick and then create a shortcut on the stick pointing to the program that has the - ROAM commandline option. 

You can move/copy your current folders (PMM/PM!) and addressbooks (PMR/PM!) to the ADMIN directory on the stick if it's large enough.

<p>You simply install as single user to the USB stick and then create a shortcut on the stick pointing to the program that has the - ROAM commandline option.  </p><p>You can move/copy your current folders (PMM/PM!) and addressbooks (PMR/PM!) to the ADMIN directory on the stick if it's large enough. </p>

Thanks Thomas

Another user pointed me to these instructions in the help file. 

I had not searched on "Memory Stick" only "USB Drive"   :(

Yes, >sigh< I need to clean up my mail before moving it.  I have some issues there, since essentially this is the same install, upgraded, that I have had for many years.  However, this is not the forum for that question.  :)

Cheers and you have my gratitude.  I shoulda known good ol' Peg had what I needed already!

Lance 

&lt;p&gt;Thanks Thomas&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Another user pointed me to these instructions in the help file.&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I had not searched on &quot;Memory Stick&quot; only &quot;USB Drive&quot;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; :(&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Yes, &amp;gt;sigh&amp;lt; I need to clean up my mail before moving it.&amp;nbsp; I have some issues there, since essentially this is the same install, upgraded, that I have had for many years.&amp;nbsp; However, this is not the forum for that question.&amp;nbsp; :) &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Cheers and you have my gratitude.&amp;nbsp; I shoulda known good ol&#039; Peg had what I needed already! &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Lance&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft