Community Discussions and Support
Grabbing e-mail addresses from a folder

Thomas,

Thank you for the help. That worked very well!

Bob

<P>Thomas,</P> <P>Thank you for the help. That worked very well!</P> <P> Bob</P>

I would like to send one message to all people in one of my folders (about 70 e-mail addresses). Do I have to copy and paste each individual e-mail address into a distribution list, or is there a faster method?

I would like to send one message to all people in one of my folders (about 70 e-mail addresses). Do I have to copy and paste each individual e-mail address into a distribution list, or is there a faster method?

Hello!

I think there is a faster method to do so. The main idea is to drag'n'drop the messages from the folder into a distribution list.

Open both the folder window (with its message list) and the distribution list window; open the distribution list you want to add the addresses to. Place one window near the other, so you can see both at a time. Select all messages in the folder window, then drag them to the distribution list window and drop them in the address field of the distribution list. The addresses should now be added to the distribution list.

It seems that there is some priority as far as the addresses you are adding are concerned. If there is a "Reply-To:"-addresses defined in the original message, the "Reply-To:"-address will be added (instead of the "From:"-address) - if the message does not have a "Reply-To:"-address defined, the "From:"-address will be added.

<p> </p><p>Hello!</p><p> </p><p>I think there is a faster method to do so. The main idea is to drag'n'drop the messages from the folder into a distribution list.</p><p>Open both the folder window (with its message list) and the distribution list window; open the distribution list you want to add the addresses to. Place one window near the other, so you can see both at a time. Select all messages in the folder window, then drag them to the distribution list window and drop them in the address field of the distribution list. The addresses should now be added to the distribution list.</p><p>It seems that there is some priority as far as the addresses you are adding are concerned. If there is a "Reply-To:"-addresses defined in the original message, the "Reply-To:"-address will be added (instead of the "From:"-address) - if the message does not have a "Reply-To:"-address defined, the "From:"-address will be added.</p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft