Community Discussions and Support
Quirk in Windows Explorer

In the words of Mr. Spock and Mr. Watson, "Fascinating"

In the words of Mr. Spock and Mr. Watson, "Fascinating"

I have just solved something that has annoyed me for some time and wish to crow about it!

This problem and its cure are fairly specific to Win-XP, but may also affect Win Vista.  When you look at the files in the PMAIL MAIL folder using Windows Explorer (My Computer), the sort order is usually a bit odd, even if you select 'sort by name'.  This makes it difficult to find a particular folder that you have previously identified using the "Folder Information" option in PMAIL.  The explanation and cure are explained in article 319827 in the Microsoft Knowledge-base.  Just one warning: the instructions to fix the problem for "all users of the computer" seem to have an error in them,  but the fix for the 'current user' did work and fixed the problem for me (after restarting the computer).

P.S.  *** is a common nickname for Richard, but apparently offensive to this system!

<P>I have just solved something that has annoyed me for some time and wish to crow about it!</P> <P>This problem and its cure are fairly specific to Win-XP, but may also affect Win Vista.  When you look at the files in the PMAIL MAIL folder using Windows Explorer (My Computer), the sort order is usually a bit odd, even if you select 'sort by name'.  This makes it difficult to find a particular folder that you have previously identified using the "Folder Information" option in PMAIL.  The explanation and cure are explained in article 319827 in the Microsoft Knowledge-base.  Just one warning: the instructions to fix the problem for "all users of the computer" seem to have an error in them,  but the fix for the 'current user' did work and fixed the problem for me (after restarting the computer).</P> <P>P.S.  *** is a common nickname for Richard, but apparently offensive to this system!</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft