Community Discussions and Support
Pegasus and Picasa

If also fixed the problem with FileMaker.... Im a happy camper now... thanx. :-)

If also fixed the problem with FileMaker.... Im a happy camper now... thanx. :-)

Has anyone managed to get Picasa's email facility to work with Pegasus Mail?

Has anyone managed to get Picasa's email facility to work with Pegasus Mail?

ummmm no... and the other application I can't seem to get pegasus to intergrate with the way is should is FileMaker and it is really ripping my nightie...

But still I would be lost without PMail... :D

<P>ummmm no... and the other application I can't seem to get pegasus to intergrate with the way is should is FileMaker and it is really ripping my nightie...</P> <P> But still I would be lost without PMail... :D</P>

No problems here.  Pegasus is my default mailer, Picasa recognized it as such. 

Using Picasa v2.0.0 b18.84 on XP Pro SP2.

<p>No problems here.  Pegasus is my default mailer, Picasa recognized it as such.  </p><p>Using Picasa v2.0.0 b18.84 on XP Pro SP2. </p>

Wondering what is different with my setup. Picasa call PM but I get an error message that the mail could not be sent.

I have uninstalled Outlook in it's various forms and have PM set as my default windows mail program. Mailto links work fine. I had assumed that only microsoft pgms would give me greef about this. 

Running XP home with the updates and PM 4.41 with Picasa2

I have sacrificed the chickens, tell me what to do next.

Bill, on the Oregon coast where fog is just another form of rain

<p>Wondering what is different with my setup. Picasa call PM but I get an error message that the mail could not be sent.</p><p>I have uninstalled Outlook in it's various forms and have PM set as my default windows mail program. Mailto links work fine. I had assumed that only microsoft pgms would give me greef about this. </p><p>Running XP home with the updates and PM 4.41 with Picasa2</p><p> I have sacrificed the chickens, tell me what to do next.</p><p> </p><p>Bill, on the Oregon coast where fog is just another form of rain  </p>

Pegasus Mail shows up as an email option in Picasa2's Tools|Options|Email settings.  Selecting it simply works.  I assume Picasa2 recognized Pegasus Mail as my default email program during install but I can't provide any further details as to how that came about. 

I just tested it again to see if I could pick up any clues as to why you're having problems.  When I choose to send a image via email the first popup that displays is one to select which mailer to use.  Pegasus appears at the top followed by Gmail then Picasa Mail.  Once I select Pegasus Mail another popup appears telling me to Alt-Tab to Pegasus Mail.  The heading of this dialog box is Pegasus Mail MAPI Interface.  It may be that you do not have the Pegasus Mail MAPI interface installed. 

More on Pegasus Mail MAPI from http://email.arcm.com/wiki/index.php/Pegasus%20Mail%20MAPI%20Support:

Several programs require your e-mail program

to have MAPI support, such as scanners, fax software, etc. Although

Pegasus Mail supports MAPI, it is not installed by the normal

installer. Luckily, enablng MAPI support for Pegaus Mail is easy.

Locate the file named wpmmapi.exe. It should be

in the same directory is the Pegasus Mail executable file. This is

normally the C:\PMAIL directory. Run the program and select "Simple

MAPI". Do not install MAPI 1.0. When the program finishes, Pegasus Mail simple MAPI is installed. (You may need to reboot.)

Note: You can only have MAPI installed for one mail program at a time. If you install Pegasus Mail MAPI, then all MAPI requests will be handled by Pegasus Mail.

HTH

<p>Pegasus Mail shows up as an email option in Picasa2's Tools|Options|Email settings.  Selecting it simply works.  I assume Picasa2 recognized Pegasus Mail as my default email program during install but I can't provide any further details as to how that came about.  </p><p> I just tested it again to see if I could pick up any clues as to why you're having problems.  When I choose to send a image via email the first popup that displays is one to select which mailer to use.  Pegasus appears at the top followed by Gmail then Picasa Mail.  Once I select Pegasus Mail another popup appears telling me to Alt-Tab to Pegasus Mail.  The heading of this dialog box is Pegasus Mail MAPI Interface.  It may be that you do not have the Pegasus Mail MAPI interface installed. </p><p>More on Pegasus Mail MAPI from http://email.arcm.com/wiki/index.php/Pegasus%20Mail%20MAPI%20Support:</p><p> </p><p class="tightenable top">Several programs require your e-mail program to have MAPI support, such as scanners, fax software, etc. Although Pegasus Mail supports MAPI, it is not installed by the normal installer. Luckily, enablng MAPI support for Pegaus Mail is easy.</p> <p class="tightenable">Locate the file named wpmmapi.exe. It should be in the same directory is the Pegasus Mail executable file. This is normally the C:\PMAIL directory. Run the program and select "Simple MAPI". Do <b>not</b> install MAPI 1.0. When the program finishes, Pegasus Mail simple MAPI is installed. <i>(You may need to reboot.)</i></p> <blockquote class="tightenable"><p class="tightenable top bottom"><i><b>Note:</b> You can only have MAPI installed for one mail program at a time. If you install Pegasus Mail MAPI, then <b>all</b> MAPI requests will be handled by Pegasus Mail.</i></p> </blockquote><p>HTH  </p>

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for. Never crossed my mind to look in the PM directory. It was I think, many moons ago, a separate download. Somehow I thought that it now was loaded when PM was installed. Don't know where my mind was at.

Anyway, all is all is now well and working, at least until something comes along and insists upon installing Outlook again.

Again thankyou

Bill 

<p>Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for. Never crossed my mind to look in the PM directory. It was I think, many moons ago, a separate download. Somehow I thought that it now was loaded when PM was installed. Don't know where my mind was at. </p><p>Anyway, all is all is now well and working, at least until something comes along and insists upon installing Outlook again.</p><p>Again thankyou</p><p>Bill </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft