Community Discussions and Support
Copies to self and embedded pictures

Thanks all!

The smtp is no problem, our mailserver keeps it inboard anyway, the filtering is a good idea.

<P>Thanks all!</P> <P>The smtp is no problem, our mailserver keeps it inboard anyway, the filtering is a good idea.</P>

Hi,

I hope I didn't overlook something here on the forum, but I cannot find information on the following:

When Pegasus is used to send for example an error report about software, my users include screenshots directly in the mail. This e-mail is then nicely sent as html with all the pictures attached, no problem sofar. However, when this e-mail needs to be resent (or only reviewed) for some reason, all pictures are lost. The same accounts for a reply to a html message, with the original formatting preserved.

I suppose this is due to the non-saving attachment policy for outgoing mail, which I agree with. But in the case of attachments, there is a link to the original location of the attachment, and the name of the attachement, which makes it possible to find the attachment if needed. As the pictures here are generated "on the fly", they will be lost if not included in the copies to self.

We know this can be "solved" by copying the e-mail to the sender, this is however no real solution in out opinion.

Does anyone has a suggestion?

Thanks 

<P>Hi,</P> <P>I hope I didn't overlook something here on the forum, but I cannot find information on the following:</P> <P>When Pegasus is used to send for example an error report about software, my users include screenshots directly in the mail. This e-mail is then nicely sent as html with all the pictures attached, no problem sofar. However, when this e-mail needs to be resent (or only reviewed) for some reason, all pictures are lost. The same accounts for a reply to a html message, with the original formatting preserved.</P> <P> I suppose this is due to the non-saving attachment policy for outgoing mail, which I agree with. But in the case of attachments, there is a link to the original location of the attachment, and the name of the attachement, which makes it possible to find the attachment if needed. As the pictures here are generated "on the fly", they will be lost if not included in the copies to self.</P> <P>We know this can be "solved" by copying the e-mail to the sender, this is however no real solution in out opinion.</P> <P>Does anyone has a suggestion?</P> <P>Thanks </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

We know this can be "solved" by copying the e-mail to the sender, this is however no real solution in out opinion.

AFAIK the only way to "solve" this is to BCC yourself and then to filter the BCCs into the "Copy Self" folder.  This works fine for me at the expense of having to send each mail twice and then to download it.

<blockquote>We know this can be "solved" by copying the e-mail to the sender, this is however no real solution in out opinion.</blockquote><blockquote> </blockquote>AFAIK the only way to "solve" this is to BCC yourself and then to filter the BCCs into the "Copy Self" folder.  This works fine for me at the expense of having to send each mail twice and then to download it.

[quote user="Angus Scott-Fleming"]

AFAIK the only way to "solve" this is to BCC yourself and then to filter the BCCs into the "Copy Self" folder.  This works fine for me at the expense of having to send each mail twice and then to download it.

[/quote]

You could Bcc: your local address so it not sent via the SMTP path.  The default local user address in a single-user setup is ADMIN.  In any case you can use Help | About Pegasus Mail | Info to get the local username.

[quote user="Angus Scott-Fleming"]<blockquote>We know this can be "solved" by copying the e-mail to the sender, this is however no real solution in out opinion.</blockquote><blockquote> </blockquote><p>AFAIK the only way to "solve" this is to BCC yourself and then to filter the BCCs into the "Copy Self" folder.  This works fine for me at the expense of having to send each mail twice and then to download it. [/quote]</p><p> </p><p>You could Bcc: your local address so it not sent via the SMTP path.  The default local user address in a single-user setup is ADMIN.  In any case you can use Help | About Pegasus Mail | Info to get the local username. </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft