Community Discussions and Support
Pmail Startup problems

Hello All

Just seen the light and for once it wasn't a train coming. For some reason although I am able to access my network drive (F: and up), when running the PMail NDS config PMail said it was unable to access the mailbox.  When I navigated to the SYS/ in explorer, explorer said I had insufficient rights.  The fix was to disconnect drive F: in the NW client and remap the drive using the XP drive mapping tool ( ie; right click and map - NOT the Netware mapping).  Hope this helps someone else.

Many thanks for your replies

TTFN 

<P>Hello All</P> <P>Just seen the light and for once it wasn't a train coming. For some reason although I am able to access my network drive (F: and up), when running the PMail NDS config PMail said it was unable to access the mailbox.  When I navigated to the SYS/ in explorer, explorer said I had insufficient rights.  The fix was to disconnect drive F: in the NW client and remap the drive using the XP drive mapping tool ( ie; right click and map - NOT the Netware mapping).  Hope this helps someone else.</P> <P>Many thanks for your replies</P> <P>TTFN </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

Hello all,

I am looking for help with pmail startup problems.  I have an account on a Novell server which works fine when I start up at my terminal.

However, I am trying to use a new laptop on the server.  I have all my normal access when logged in, but whether I use the MS or Novell

client on the laptop and try running Pmail from the network \pmail  folder - Pegasus fires up showing the logo for maybe 3 to 5 seconds and

the quits.  The problem is only on the new machine the same command works on my workstation and at some other terminals all using XP.

Any suggestions or similar experiences ????

<P>Hello all,</P> <P> I am looking for help with pmail startup problems.  I have an account on a Novell server which works fine when I start up at my terminal.</P> <P>However, I am trying to use a new laptop on the server.  I have all my normal access when logged in, but whether I use the MS or Novell</P> <P>client on the laptop and try running Pmail from the network \pmail  folder - Pegasus fires up showing the logo for maybe 3 to 5 seconds and</P> <P>the quits.  The problem is only on the new machine the same command works on my workstation and at some other terminals all using XP.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Any suggestions or similar experiences ????</P>

I keep all my mail on a Novell drive too, but the executable is on the local machine. And when I'm juggling computers that way, it's usually because there's a path mapping problem. I suggest you look at your paths in pmail.cfg file (using pconfig.exe -a) – the -a is important (see help file) – and the paths to your inbox, mailbox, etc... in pmail.ini and make sure they match. I actually use different .ini files for different computers, using the command line options that allow one to do that because of variations in screen size and paths.

I keep all my mail on a Novell drive too, but the executable is on the local machine. And when I'm juggling computers that way, it's usually because there's a path mapping problem. I suggest you look at your paths in pmail.cfg file (using pconfig.exe -a) – the -a is important (see help file) – and the paths to your inbox, mailbox, etc... in pmail.ini and make sure they match. I actually use different .ini files for different computers, using the command line options that allow one to do that because of variations in screen size and paths.

The last time I saw this happen is when I added a new user but forgot to grant him full control of his mailbox folder.

The last time I saw this happen is when I added a new user but forgot to grant him full control of his mailbox folder.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft