Community Discussions and Support
login problems on workstations

Perhaps someone else has some boilerplate they can paste with the "real answer", but this is usually caused by path issues -- when you set it up on the server, you probably set it up to use "C:". The initial setup WGUIDE.HLP has the following paragraph about network setup:

4: WinPMail will ask you for a mailbox directory - a place where it should store all your mail-related files. You must provide a path to a directory on a shared volume that all your mail users can access. It is important that all your mail users see this directory using the same drive letter - you cannot have one user see it as drive F: while another sees it as drive G:. WinPMail will create a subdirectory in the location you supply for each person who uses the program.

You don't have to use a mapped drive letter, you can use a UNC path (i.e. something like \\SERVER\PMail where "PMail" is the share-name on the server). You can change this in your current setup by opening a DOS prompt, changing to the shared folder on the server, and running PCONFIG.

<p>Perhaps someone else has some boilerplate they can paste with the "real answer", but this is usually caused by path issues -- when you set it up on the server, you probably set it up to use "C:". The initial setup WGUIDE.HLP has the following paragraph about network setup: </p><blockquote><p>4: WinPMail will ask you for a mailbox directory - a place where it should store all your mail-related files. You must provide a path to a directory on a shared volume that all your mail users can access. It is important that all your mail users see this directory using the same drive letter - you cannot have one user see it as drive F: while another sees it as drive G:. WinPMail will create a subdirectory in the location you supply for each person who uses the program. </p></blockquote><p>You don't have to use a mapped drive letter, you can use a UNC path (i.e. something like \\SERVER\PMail where "PMail" is the share-name on the server). You can change this in your current setup by opening a DOS prompt, changing to the shared folder on the server, and running PCONFIG. </p>

Hello,

I'm new with Pegasus and something go's wrong: 

On the server everything works great.

But on the workstations Pegasus gives a error:

The user you are attempting to 'become' (richard) does not exist on this system.

I'm using Windows XP on the server and on the workstation.

I've shared the path where Pegasus is installed.

Richard

(sorry for myn bad English)

<P><FONT face=Verdana color=#7f0000>Hello,</FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Verdana color=#7f0000>I'm new with Pegasus and something go's wrong:</FONT> </P> <P><FONT face=Verdana color=#7f0000>On the server everything works great.</FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Verdana color=#7f0000>But on the workstations Pegasus gives a error:</FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Verdana color=#7f0000>The user you are attempting to 'become' (richard) does not exist on this system.</FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Verdana color=#7f0000>I'm using Windows XP on the server and on the workstation.</FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Verdana color=#7f0000>I've shared the path where Pegasus is installed. </FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Verdana color=#7f0000>Richard</FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Verdana color=#7f0000>(sorry for myn bad English)</FONT></P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft