Community Discussions and Support
Unread mails getting marked as read and problems deleting some mails.

Hello!

Are the messages you are talking about any HTML-messages? If so, what you see is that the message body is still displayed in preview even if you have deleted the message.
In order to have this happen as described, several conditions need to be met:
- you are suing preview mode (instead of list mode);
- the message you want to delete is an HTML-message; and
- that message is the last one in the respective folder.

Provided those conditions, this is what happens: you delete the HTML-message -- the message will be deleted -- as that message was the last one in the respective folder, there is no other message to be displayed -- the message body is still displayed in the message preview -- the details ribbon is empty although you still see the message body.
If you see that behaviour, I can tell you that the message has actually been deleted; however, the message preview (that still displays the message body) has not been redrawn / refreshed yet. That is a behaviour that only occurs when the conditions I have listed are met. This is an unexpected behaviour that is currently worked on.

The anti-virus monitoring you have mentioned may also be important here. The anti-virus software may check a file at the same time Pegasus Mail wants to read or delete that file. This may lead to some unexpected results. As I am not too familiar with the current anti-virus programs, I will not go into details yet; however, what I can suggest you is to check what files are excluded from anti-virus monitoring. If you tell your anti-virus program not to check several Pegasus Mail files, you can prevent a file from being accessed by both Pegasus Mail and your anti-virus software.

<P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Hello!</P> <P>Are the messages you are talking about any HTML-messages? If so, what you see is that the message body is still displayed in preview even if you have deleted the message. In order to have this happen as described, several conditions need to be met: - you are suing preview mode (instead of list mode); - the message you want to delete is an HTML-message; and - that message is the last one in the respective folder.</P> <P>Provided those conditions, this is what happens: you delete the HTML-message -- the message will be deleted -- as that message was the last one in the respective folder, there is no other message to be displayed -- the message body is still displayed in the message preview -- the details ribbon is empty although you still see the message body. If you see that behaviour, I can tell you that the message has actually been deleted; however, the message preview (that still displays the message body) has not been redrawn / refreshed yet. That is a behaviour that only occurs when the conditions I have listed are met. This is an unexpected behaviour that is currently worked on.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>The anti-virus monitoring you have mentioned may also be important here. The anti-virus software may check a file at the same time Pegasus Mail wants to read or delete that file. This may lead to some unexpected results. As I am not too familiar with the current anti-virus programs, I will not go into details yet; however, what I can suggest you is to check what files are excluded from anti-virus monitoring. If you tell your anti-virus program not to check several Pegasus Mail files, you can prevent a file from being accessed by both Pegasus Mail and your anti-virus software.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

Several of our users have problems deleting some emails from their inboxes typically these messages are spam.   What happens is that they delete the messages which do not actually disappear from the inbox.   If the inbox is closed and re opened that the messages are usually gone.   We use ETrust real time anti virus monitor on most of our systems and I have wondered if This might cause a problem.

A user with the above problem has also noted that on a number of occasions after opening Pegasus new emails which he has not looked at are marked as read.

If any other users have experience of these problems and know how to overcome them please let me know.

<p>Several of our users have problems deleting some emails from their inboxes typically these messages are spam.   What happens is that they delete the messages which do not actually disappear from the inbox.   If the inbox is closed and re opened that the messages are usually gone.   We use ETrust real time anti virus monitor on most of our systems and I have wondered if This might cause a problem.</p><p> A user with the above problem has also noted that on a number of occasions after opening Pegasus new emails which he has not looked at are marked as read.</p><p>  If any other users have experience of these problems and know how to overcome them please let me know.  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft