Community Discussions and Support
Copies to self showing From, not To

Old Thread, but current problem...

I have the same issue, I send some e-mails from my smartphone (through IMAP) or the webmail interface, and when I download the sent mails, the list of mails shows "From:My_name" instead of "To:Someone".

Have anyone found a way to solve this?

I can change manually the text (rigth click on the message --> Message properties --> Text shown in "From" column), is there any way to automatize this?

Best regards,

Julian

<p>Old Thread, but current problem...</p><p> </p><p>I have the same issue, I send some e-mails from my smartphone (through IMAP) or the webmail interface, and when I download the sent mails, the list of mails shows "From:My_name" instead of "To:Someone".</p><p> </p><p>Have anyone found a way to solve this? </p><p>I can change manually the text (rigth click on the message --> Message properties --> Text shown in "From" column), is there any way to automatize this?</p><p> </p><p>Best regards,</p><p>Julian </p>

I have one user on the network where the copies to self folder is showing her name in a From column.  Everyone else in the copies to self folder has a To column.  Something appears to be wrong with the user's configuration.  Any idea?

Pegasus v4.41

Mercury/32 running on Novell network. 

<p>I have one user on the network where the copies to self folder is showing her name in a From column.  Everyone else in the copies to self folder has a To column.  Something appears to be wrong with the user's configuration.  Any idea?</p><p>Pegasus v4.41</p><p>Mercury/32 running on Novell network. </p>

[quote user="mgolden"]

I have one user on the network where the copies to self folder is showing her name in a From column.  Everyone else in the copies to self folder has a To column.  Something appears to be wrong with the user's configuration.  Any idea?

Pegasus v4.41

Mercury/32 running on Novell network. 

[/quote]

Check the headers of a message in the copy self folder.  A copy self message has the following headers that defines a copy self message. 

X-cs: R
X-CS-Version: 1.0
X-RS-ID: <Default>
X-RS-Flags: 0,0,1,1,0,0,0
X-RS-Header: In-reply-to: <D9D85AD84C33@mail.praktit.se>
X-RS-Header: References: <D9D85AD84C33@mail.praktit.se>
X-RS-Sigset: 0

[quote user=&quot;mgolden&quot;]&lt;p&gt;I have one user on the network where the copies to self folder is showing her name in a From column.&amp;nbsp; Everyone else in the copies to self folder has a To column.&amp;nbsp; Something appears to be wrong with the user&#039;s configuration.&amp;nbsp; Any idea?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Pegasus v4.41&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Mercury/32 running on Novell network.&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Check the headers of a message in the copy self folder.&amp;nbsp; A copy self message has the following headers that defines a copy self message.&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;X-cs: R X-CS-Version: 1.0 From: Thomas R. Stephenson &amp;lt;support@tstephenson.com&amp;gt; X-RS-ID: &amp;lt;Default&amp;gt; X-RS-Flags: 0,0,1,1,0,0,0 X-RS-Header: In-reply-to: &amp;lt;D9D85AD84C33@mail.praktit.se&amp;gt; X-RS-Header: References: &amp;lt;D9D85AD84C33@mail.praktit.se&amp;gt; X-RS-Sigset: 0 &lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Thomas,

Thanks for that information.  The user says the problem just started but she has been using the Captaris WebMail interface for most of her mail and it is NOT adding the appropriate headers in the copies to self folder.

&lt;p&gt;Thomas, Thanks for that information.&amp;nbsp; The user says the problem just started but she has been using the Captaris WebMail interface for most of her mail and it is NOT adding the appropriate headers in the copies to self folder.&lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="mgolden"]

Thomas,

Thanks for that information.  The user says the problem just started but she has been using the Captaris WebMail interface for most of her mail and it is NOT adding the appropriate headers in the copies to self folder.

[/quote]

Correct, only Pegasus Mail will create the proper headers to make a true copy self message.

[quote user=&quot;mgolden&quot;]&lt;p&gt;Thomas, Thanks for that information.&amp;nbsp; The user says the problem just started but she has been using the Captaris WebMail interface for most of her mail and it is NOT adding the appropriate headers in the copies to self folder.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Correct, only Pegasus Mail will create the proper headers to make a true copy self message.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft