Community Discussions and Support
One install of Pegasus Mail with several e-mail accounts.

NOT really needing any assistance at this time.  Just wanted to pass on how my PMail is operating, without any difficulty.  If this is not acceptable in here then delete my POSTS.  Do not want to cause any problems just wanting to share.

I have been using my systems for about 10 years from here at home, XP H/E SP-2 for about two weeks moved to this one from Win98SE and before that Win95 and Win3.11.  Have been on the web since before the "www" was ever started, about 1986 when I first started using TCP/IPs to surf, rather slow and combersome.

Thank you for reading my post and this reply plus I appologize for any Miss-Understanding, have a great day,

<P>NOT really needing any assistance at this time.  Just wanted to pass on how my PMail is operating, without any difficulty.  If this is not acceptable in here then delete my POSTS.  Do not want to cause any problems just wanting to share.</P> <P> I have been using my systems for about 10 years from here at home, XP H/E SP-2 for about two weeks moved to this one from Win98SE and before that Win95 and Win3.11.  Have been on the web since before the "www" was ever started, about 1986 when I first started using TCP/IPs to surf, rather slow and combersome.</P> <P> Thank you for reading my post and this reply plus I appologize for any Miss-Understanding, have a great day,</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

Greetings from Leon Springs, Texas USofA, [H]

This may get a bit wordy, that is the only way I know of explaining myself.

Have been using Pegasus for many years, do not remember when I first started. With my last ISP, dial-up and very slow, Pegasus did an EXCELLENT job for me. Ran it using the CMD line swithes to have multiple copies open at the same time so I could switch IDs using the Alt+Tab hot keys. Worked GREAT, my Win98SE system slowly died, why? not sure will investigate later. Moved to this system and then a NEW ISP (HiSpd DSL). Setup just one copy of Pegasus and planned on moving all of my previous e-mail, mail boxes, IDs, Etceteras over to this system one message at a time, which I have plenty of. Retired Electronics Technician . . . anyway decided to setup the same IDs in just one copy. Using my Memory (no not mine.) Stick copied my old multiple system of mail boxes to the memory stick and placed them on this system. Went in and did the Import/Export thingy with the mail boxes and VOLA! there they are with their own IDs in the left panel, I had renamed them before doing the import by adding "Old" in front of each name. It was a little more complex than this just did not want to go into any greater detail.

Now I have six (6) mail boxes in one Pegasus. Reading the Help files I understood that when setting up this type of operation if you try to move the mail from one of the prefixed "Old" mail boxes the mail would remain in the old mail box and if you deleted the old mail box those old messages would disappear, go away with the old deleted mail box. So far that has not happened. I did the 'Move' feature of Pegasus for some of those old mail boxes to my NEW mail boxes and later deleted the old ones, the mail is still there.  The only problem I am faced with now is the old e-mail addies are not usable on my new ISP. Have to create New ones and use some of the old IDs. Now it is getting a bit confusing, the UserName for the mail box has NO relationship to the e-mail addy for that ID any longer. Cannot even add part of the new e-mail addy to the old UserName for the mail box, Pegasus will not allow you to change that title for the Mail Box.

One feature I have discovered is when using the 'BCC' and suppressing the list you can use one of the other UserNames for the 'To:' field (not an e-mail addy) and that message never leaves your system but the list of 'BCC' will each receive the message with just their e-mail addy in the 'To:' field. I know this is the way it is supposed to work, I did not know that, but; just by an accident of my stupidity I learned that lesson. Later read in the Help files about it.

With my new ISP I can have 1 primary account and 10 subaccounts and unknown quantity of throw away addies to help protect my Identity, not traceable back to my primary account. Thank you AT&T|Yahoo!, Thank you, Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,

Those of you that got this far, I also thank you for reading my posty toastie,

<p>Greetings from Leon Springs, Texas USofA, [H] </p><p>  This may get a bit wordy, that is the only way I know of explaining myself.</p><p> Have been using Pegasus for many years, do not remember when I first started. With my last ISP, dial-up and very slow, Pegasus did an EXCELLENT job for me. Ran it using the CMD line swithes to have multiple copies open at the same time so I could switch IDs using the Alt+Tab hot keys. Worked GREAT, my Win98SE system slowly died, why? not sure will investigate later. Moved to this system and then a NEW ISP (HiSpd DSL). Setup just one copy of Pegasus and planned on moving all of my previous e-mail, mail boxes, IDs, Etceteras over to this system one message at a time, which I have plenty of. Retired Electronics Technician . . . anyway decided to setup the same IDs in just one copy. Using my Memory (no not mine.) Stick copied my old multiple system of mail boxes to the memory stick and placed them on this system. Went in and did the Import/Export thingy with the mail boxes and VOLA! there they are with their own IDs in the left panel, I had renamed them before doing the import by adding "Old" in front of each name. It was a little more complex than this just did not want to go into any greater detail. </p><p> </p><p>Now I have six (6) mail boxes in one Pegasus. Reading the Help files I understood that when setting up this type of operation if you try to move the mail from one of the prefixed "Old" mail boxes the mail would remain in the old mail box and if you deleted the old mail box those old messages would disappear, go away with the old deleted mail box. So far that has not happened. I did the 'Move' feature of Pegasus for some of those old mail boxes to my NEW mail boxes and later deleted the old ones, the mail is still there.  The only problem I am faced with now is the old e-mail addies are not usable on my new ISP. Have to create New ones and use some of the old IDs. Now it is getting a bit confusing, the UserName for the mail box has NO relationship to the e-mail addy for that ID any longer. Cannot even add part of the new e-mail addy to the old UserName for the mail box, Pegasus will not allow you to change that title for the Mail Box. </p><p> </p><p>One feature I have discovered is when using the 'BCC' and suppressing the list you can use one of the other UserNames for the 'To:' field (not an e-mail addy) and that message never leaves your system but the list of 'BCC' will each receive the message with just their e-mail addy in the 'To:' field. I know this is the way it is supposed to work, I did not know that, but; just by an accident of my stupidity I learned that lesson. Later read in the Help files about it. </p><p> </p><p>With my new ISP I can have 1 primary account and 10 subaccounts and unknown quantity of throw away addies to help protect my Identity, not traceable back to my primary account. Thank you AT&T|Yahoo!, Thank you, Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,</p><p> </p><p> Those of you that got this far, I also thank you for reading my posty toastie,</p>

What are you asking for help with?  It's not clear from your original post.

What are you asking for help with?  It's not clear from your original post.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft