Community Discussions and Support
Where IMAP gets its SMTP settings

[quote user="twonotes"]

If that is how it is supposed to work then I will shuffle all my Identities around so that the <DEFAULT> one is the one I use with IMAP.

[/quote]

Yes, that's probably the best solution if you don't want to manually choose the identity before sending e-mails.

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;twonotes&quot;]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;If that is how it is supposed to work then I will shuffle all my Identities around so that the &amp;lt;DEFAULT&amp;gt; one is the one I use with IMAP. [/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Yes, that&#039;s probably the best solution if you don&#039;t want to manually choose the identity before sending e-mails. &lt;/p&gt;

I have three Identities.  Two (<default> and one other) use POP/SMTP and each picks its appropriate SMTP setting correctly.

The IMAP identity has no POP servers specified, and one SMTP server specified.  Plus all the IMAP settings.

But with my identity set to the IMAP account, when I go to send a message it uses the SMTP server of the <default> identity.   Why is it not using the server set in the SMTP settings of the current Identity?

&lt;p&gt;I have three Identities.&amp;nbsp; Two (&amp;lt;default&amp;gt; and one other) use POP/SMTP and each picks its appropriate SMTP setting correctly.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;The IMAP identity has no POP servers specified, and one SMTP server specified.&amp;nbsp; Plus all the IMAP settings.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;But with my identity set to the IMAP account, when I go to send a message it uses the SMTP server of the &amp;lt;default&amp;gt; identity.&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; Why is it not using the server set in the SMTP settings of the current Identity? &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Identities and IMAP profiles are totally different.

There simply is no SMTP setting in an "IMAP identity" (IMAP profile). On the other hand there is no IMAP setting in a normal identity. Maybe I get you wrong. But it is baffling to me how you could find such a setting.

Identities and IMAP profiles are totally different. &lt;p&gt;There simply is no SMTP setting in an &quot;IMAP identity&quot; (IMAP profile). On the other hand there is no IMAP setting in a normal identity. Maybe I get you wrong. But it is baffling to me how you could find such a setting. &lt;/p&gt;

In the Tools/Internet Settings menu.  Both "Internet Options" and "IMAP profiles" are available at all times, in each Identity.

My IMAP server has an associated SMTP server.   How do I make that server the one that is used, if not in the "Internet Options/Sending" dialog?   Right now it is using the SMTP server specified in the <DEFAULT> profile.  If that is how it is supposed to work then I will shuffle all my Identities around so that the <DEFAULT> one is the one I use with IMAP.

&lt;p&gt;In the Tools/Internet Settings menu.&amp;nbsp; Both &quot;Internet Options&quot; and &quot;IMAP profiles&quot; are available at all times, in each Identity.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;My IMAP server has an associated SMTP server. &amp;nbsp; How do I make that server the one that is used, if not in the &quot;Internet Options/Sending&quot; dialog?&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; Right now it is using the SMTP server specified in the &amp;lt;DEFAULT&amp;gt; profile.&amp;nbsp; If that is how it is supposed to work then I will shuffle all my Identities around so that the &amp;lt;DEFAULT&amp;gt; one is the one I use with IMAP. &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft