Community Discussions and Support
Mercury/32 Stops Distributing Mail

Hello all.  We are running Mercury/32 v4.52.  We have to restart the application after about 30 minutes of uptime because the system seems to hang and not send or receive any new e-mails. After we close the app and restart Mercury it takes approx. 30 minutes for the app to fully restart. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hello all.  We are running Mercury/32 v4.52.  We have to restart the application after about 30 minutes of uptime because the system seems to hang and not send or receive any new e-mails. After we close the app and restart Mercury it takes approx. 30 minutes for the app to fully restart. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

What is your system configuration?

- hardware

- OS

Where are your queue(s)/user mailboxes located, locally or on a network share?

<p>What is your system configuration?</p><p>- hardware</p><p>- OS</p><p>Where are your queue(s)/user mailboxes located, locally or on a network share?  </p>

... and while you are at it: what Mercury modules do you use, are there any daemons installed, is there any anti-virus software running on the server?

/Rolf

<p>... and while you are at it: what Mercury modules do you use, are there any daemons installed, is there any anti-virus software running on the server?</p><p> /Rolf  </p>

or, You could install filemon from sysinternals to see what happens after the 30 minutes.

or, You could install filemon from sysinternals to see what happens after the 30 minutes.

Thanks for the replies.  We have Mercury running on a stand alone Pentium 4 PC running Windows XP pro service pack 2 with a 20 GIG hard drive 9 gig free.The system is running Symantec Anti virus with live updates. All queue(s)/mailboxes are local. I don't see any installed daemons. I will try filemon from sysinternals to see what happens after 30 min.

Thanks for all the help any additional info will greatly be appreciated.

markt

<P>Thanks for the replies.  We have Mercury running on a stand alone Pentium 4 PC running Windows XP pro service pack 2 with a 20 GIG hard drive 9 gig free.The system is running Symantec Anti virus with live updates. All queue(s)/mailboxes are local. I don't see any installed daemons. I will try filemon from sysinternals to see what happens after 30 min. </P> <P> Thanks for all the help any additional info will greatly be appreciated.</P> <P>markt</P>

The first thing I would try is disabling the virus scanner for a while. Chances are that this solves the problem. If so, you could start tuning Symantec to skip certain directories etc.

Bart

<P>The first thing I would try is disabling the virus scanner for a while. Chances are that this solves the problem. If so, you could start tuning Symantec to skip certain directories etc.</P> <P>Bart</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft