Community Discussions and Support
Autoresponders

I see.

I understand how to create and use a filter .rul file but how would you include the instruction to respond with a auto-reply template and forward the original file to the intended recipient? Can anyone provide an example of this please?

I cannot see any examples of this in the Mercury documentation.

<P>I see.</P> <P>I understand how to create and use a filter .rul file but how would you include the instruction to respond with a auto-reply template <EM>and</EM> forward the original file to the intended recipient? Can anyone provide an example of this please?</P> <P mce_keep="true">I cannot see any examples of this in the Mercury documentation.</P>

Hi Folks

I have set up an autoresponder using the Alias feature of Mercury32 V4.52.

I have configured the Alias to respond using a template.

Thus:

Alias = grennman@mydomain.com

Real Address = tfile:path\filnename.mer

The autoresponder works fine, but, the local user does not recieve the message that triggered the response. Is this normal or am I missing something?

Thanks

Edit:

Nevermind. We are using the Automatic Replies function from within Pegasus instead.

<P>Hi Folks</P> <P>I have set up an autoresponder using the Alias feature of Mercury32 V4.52.</P> <P>I have configured the Alias to respond using a template.</P> <P>Thus:</P> <P><A href="mailto:Alias=grennman@mydomain.com" mce_href="mailto:Alias=grennman@mydomain.com">Alias = grennman@mydomain.com</A></P> <P>Real Address = tfile:path\filnename.mer</P> <P>The autoresponder works fine, but, the local user does not recieve the message that triggered the response. Is this normal or am I missing something?</P> <P>Thanks</P> <P mce_keep="true">Edit:</P> <P mce_keep="true">Nevermind. We are using the Automatic Replies function from within Pegasus instead.</P>

[quote user="Peter Strömblad"]normal[/quote]

Thanks for confirming this. 

Normal? Seriously? What happens to the original message? I would expect Mercury to pass the incoming message onto the recipient.

<P>[quote user="Peter Strömblad"]normal[/quote] </P> <P>Thanks for confirming this. </P> <P>Normal? Seriously? What happens to the original message? I would expect Mercury to pass the incoming message onto the recipient.</P>

[quote user="Greenman"]

[quote user="Peter Strömblad"]normal[/quote]

Thanks for confirming this. 

Normal? Seriously? What happens to the original message? I would expect Mercury to pass the incoming message onto the recipient.

[/quote]

It's an alias so the message has no place to go normally so it's discarded.  If you want Mercury/32 to reply and send the message to the original sender then you should use an alias filter that both sends the reply and forwards the message.   

[quote user="Greenman"]<p>[quote user="Peter Strömblad"]normal[/quote] </p> <p>Thanks for confirming this. </p> <p>Normal? Seriously? What happens to the original message? I would expect Mercury to pass the incoming message onto the recipient.</p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>It's an alias so the message has no place to go normally so it's discarded.  If you want Mercury/32 to reply and send the message to the original sender then you should use an alias filter that both sends the reply and forwards the message.   </p>
This topic is closed