Community Discussions and Support
Has anyone seen Pegasus crash on sending an email forwarded to blackberry?

Yes that is true.  When one of the salesmen got a blackberry I

forwarded all of his internet and local mail to his new email address

on  the Blackberry server.  This worked great but when

sending an email that involved  "Custom headders for this message"

under the SPECIAL tab then Pegasus would crash.   There are

two ways for the blackberry to get email without

exchange/groupwise/notes and tahat is by frowarding  or setting up

the Blackberry server to use POP to get the mail from our mercury32

server.  

hth  Randy 

<p>Yes that is true.  When one of the salesmen got a blackberry I forwarded all of his internet and local mail to his new email address on  the Blackberry server.  This worked great but when sending an email that involved  "Custom headders for this message" under the SPECIAL tab then Pegasus would crash.   There are two ways for the blackberry to get email without exchange/groupwise/notes and tahat is by frowarding  or setting up the Blackberry server to use POP to get the mail from our mercury32 server.   </p><p>hth  Randy </p>

We have one salesman  using a blackberry.  All of his email

is forwarded to nnname@mobility.blackberry.net.  

Occasionally an email that is replied to forwarded several times

crashed pegasus.  We use Mercury NLM on NW 5.0 for outgoing mail

and Mercury32 for incomming.

Randy w. 

<p>We have one salesman  using a blackberry.  All of his email is forwarded to nnname@mobility.blackberry.net.   Occasionally an email that is replied to forwarded several times crashed pegasus.  We use Mercury NLM on NW 5.0 for outgoing mail and Mercury32 for incomming.</p><p> </p><p>Randy w. </p>

[quote user="computer-janitor"]

We have one salesman  using a blackberry.  All of his email

is forwarded to nnname@mobility.blackberry.net.  

Occasionally an email that is replied to forwarded several times

crashed Pegasus.  We use Mercury NLM on NW 5.0 for outgoing mail

and Mercury32 for incoming.

Randy w. 

[/quote]

What version of WinPMail are you using.  Earlier versions did have this sort of problem.

[quote user="computer-janitor"]<p>We have one salesman  using a blackberry.  All of his email is forwarded to nnname@mobility.blackberry.net.   Occasionally an email that is replied to forwarded several times crashed Pegasus.  We use Mercury NLM on NW 5.0 for outgoing mail and Mercury32 for incoming.</p><p> </p><p>Randy w. </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>What version of WinPMail are you using.  Earlier versions did have this sort of problem.</p><p> </p>

Version 4.31 on mine and various 4.x versons round the

office...   The happens when the username is a doted format

netware name eg. neil.fp

Version 4.31 on mine and various 4.x versons round the office...   The happens when the username is a doted format netware name eg. neil.fp

[quote user="computer-janitor"]Version 4.31 on mine and various 4.x versons round the

office...   The happens when the username is a doted format

netware name eg. neil.fp
[/quote]

Upgrade to v4.41 and i believe the problem will go away.

<p>[quote user="computer-janitor"]Version 4.31 on mine and various 4.x versons round the office...   The happens when the username is a doted format netware name eg. neil.fp [/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Upgrade to v4.41 and i believe the problem will go away.</p><p> </p>

This morning on an XP sp2, Pegasus  4.41 crashed on a reply to message.

If 

replying to the same message and under Special F9 the following lines

are removed from "Custom headders for this message'   

In-reply-to: <472F49B8.12889.1B05E39@localhost>

References: <472F49B8.12889.1B05E39@localhost>

The message goes noproblem. 

&lt;p&gt;This morning on an XP sp2, Pegasus&amp;nbsp; 4.41 crashed on a reply to message.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;If&amp;nbsp; replying to the same message and under Special F9 the following lines are removed from &quot;Custom headders for this message&#039;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;In-reply-to: &amp;lt;472F49B8.12889.1B05E39@localhost&amp;gt; References: &amp;lt;472F49B8.12889.1B05E39@localhost&amp;gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;The message goes noproblem.&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Still having the problem.   Today I  replied to a

message that had been sent to a local address and  CC myself and

another local address. Added  a CC to a local address that was

forwarded to an internet address. On Win XP and win98 with Pegasus

4.41  Pegasus crashes with " AppName:

winpm-32.exe     AppVer:

4.4.1.0     ModName: winpm-32.exe ModVer:

4.4.1.0     Offset: 001003bc "

When I try this on Win98 with Pegasus 4.31 the message goes

through.  The only difference I can see is there is only one

header in the special section.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Still having the problem.&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; Today I&amp;nbsp; replied to a message that had been sent to a local address and&amp;nbsp; CC myself and another local address. Added&amp;nbsp; a CC to a local address that was forwarded to an internet address. On Win XP and win98 with Pegasus 4.41&amp;nbsp; Pegasus crashes with &quot; AppName: winpm-32.exe&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; AppVer: 4.4.1.0&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; ModName: winpm-32.exe ModVer: 4.4.1.0&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; Offset: 001003bc &quot; When I try this on Win98 with Pegasus 4.31 the message goes through.&amp;nbsp; The only difference I can see is there is only one header in the special section. &amp;nbsp;Any help with this is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Using pop by passes the problem.  So this is the solution.

have a good day 

&lt;p&gt;Using pop by passes the problem.&amp;nbsp; So this is the solution.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp; have a good day&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Could you elaborate a bit on this please?

POP is usually associated with receiving mail rather than sending - how has it helped here?

paul

&lt;P&gt;Could you elaborate a bit on this please?&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;POP is usually associated with receiving mail rather than sending - how has it helped here?&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;paul&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft