Community Discussions and Support
installation instructions for mercury/32 4.51 on existing 4.01b install?

and get 4.52 'cos it stops nasty people taking over your server if you have 4.51

and get 4.52 'cos it stops nasty people taking over your server if you have 4.51

Hello,

First, a hearty thanks to all who have contributed to the development, testing and

support of this software. I've been using it for years with great

success.

I looked around the faq, and searched the forums, but did not see any write-up about installing over the top of an existing version of mercury/32. I know that this has to be supported, since that is what most people will do. Do you just run the installer and it plops itself on top of the existing version? Should I stop the running instance first? Are all of the appropriate conversions (if any) taken care of automatically (new file formats, etc)? Are there any "gotchas" that people have run into?

I have a config that is a minor step beyond vanilla, and I'd like to keep up with the most recent version.

Thanks,

Quinn Yancey 

<p>Hello,</p><p>First, a hearty thanks to all who have contributed to the development, testing and support of this software. I've been using it for years with great success. </p><p>I looked around the faq, and searched the forums, but did not see any write-up about installing over the top of an existing version of mercury/32. I know that this has to be supported, since that is what most people will do. Do you just run the installer and it plops itself on top of the existing version? Should I stop the running instance first? Are all of the appropriate conversions (if any) taken care of automatically (new file formats, etc)? Are there any "gotchas" that people have run into?</p><p>I have a config that is a minor step beyond vanilla, and I'd like to keep up with the most recent version.</p><p>Thanks,</p><p>Quinn Yancey </p>

[quote user="qyancey"]

Hello,

First, a hearty thanks to all who have contributed to the development, testing and

support of this software. I've been using it for years with great

success.

I looked around the faq, and searched the forums, but did not see any write-up about installing over the top of an existing version of mercury/32. I know that this has to be supported, since that is what most people will do. Do you just run the installer and it plops itself on top of the existing version? Should I stop the running instance first? Are all of the appropriate conversions (if any) taken care of automatically (new file formats, etc)? Are there any "gotchas" that people have run into?

I have a config that is a minor step beyond vanilla, and I'd like to keep up with the most recent version.

Thanks,

Quinn Yancey 

[/quote]

You have to shutdown the current version before upgrading but other than that is sinply run the installer program and chose the upgrade option.

[quote user="qyancey"]<p>Hello,</p><p>First, a hearty thanks to all who have contributed to the development, testing and support of this software. I've been using it for years with great success. </p><p>I looked around the faq, and searched the forums, but did not see any write-up about installing over the top of an existing version of mercury/32. I know that this has to be supported, since that is what most people will do. Do you just run the installer and it plops itself on top of the existing version? Should I stop the running instance first? Are all of the appropriate conversions (if any) taken care of automatically (new file formats, etc)? Are there any "gotchas" that people have run into?</p><p>I have a config that is a minor step beyond vanilla, and I'd like to keep up with the most recent version.</p><p>Thanks,</p><p>Quinn Yancey </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>You have to shutdown the current version before upgrading but other than that is sinply run the installer program and chose the upgrade option.</p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft