Community Discussions and Support
can't find forwarding rule / filtering rule

thanks. I've checked some of that and will keep digging.

assuming it's a process within mercury, would turning on some of the logging options tell me where/how the redistribution to multiple users is occuring when the message with a specific address comes in?

<p>thanks. I've checked some of that and will keep digging.   assuming it's a process within mercury, would turning on some of the logging options tell me where/how the redistribution to multiple users is occuring when the message with a specific address comes in? </p>

this is driving me crazy, perhaps I am too tired.

I have a rule somewhere in mercury32 that takes mail coming from a specific address or specific domain and delivers it to multiple users on our system. I need to add another user to this rule but cannot find the rule location!

does not seem to be a general or global filtering rule. 

I think I have been every place in the configuration menu but still no luck.

no luck searching the drive where merc32 lives using windows explorer.

is not  a rule operating from my pmail user account at open or close of the new mail folder.

ideas? am I missing something since the upgrade?

<p>this is driving me crazy, perhaps I am too tired.</p><p> I have a rule somewhere in mercury32 that takes mail coming from a specific address or specific domain and delivers it to multiple users on our system. I need to add another user to this rule but cannot find the rule location!</p><p>does not seem to be a general or global filtering rule. </p><p>I think I have been every place in the configuration menu but still no luck.</p><p>no luck searching the drive where merc32 lives using windows explorer.</p><p>is not  a rule operating from my pmail user account at open or close of the new mail folder. </p><p>ideas? am I missing something since the upgrade? </p>

[quote user="joel"]

this is driving me crazy, perhaps I am too tired.

I have a rule somewhere in mercury32 that takes mail coming from a specific address or specific domain and delivers it to multiple users on our system. I need to add another user to this rule but cannot find the rule location!

does not seem to be a general or global filtering rule. 

I think I have been every place in the configuration menu but still no luck.

no luck searching the drive where merc32 lives using windows explorer.

is not  a rule operating from my pmail user account at open or close of the new mail folder.

ideas? am I missing something since the upgrade?

[/quote]

Could be an alias using tfile: 

Could be a FORWARD file in the new mail directory of a user. 

Could be a mailing list.

Any of these would work better than a filter in forwarding mail from a specific address to multiple users.

[quote user="joel"]<p>this is driving me crazy, perhaps I am too tired.</p><p> I have a rule somewhere in mercury32 that takes mail coming from a specific address or specific domain and delivers it to multiple users on our system. I need to add another user to this rule but cannot find the rule location!</p><p>does not seem to be a general or global filtering rule. </p><p>I think I have been every place in the configuration menu but still no luck.</p><p>no luck searching the drive where merc32 lives using windows explorer.</p><p>is not  a rule operating from my pmail user account at open or close of the new mail folder. </p><p>ideas? am I missing something since the upgrade? </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Could be an alias using tfile:  </p><p>Could be a FORWARD file in the new mail directory of a user.  </p><p>Could be a mailing list.</p><p> </p><p>Any of these would work better than a filter in forwarding mail from a specific address to multiple users.</p><p> </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft