Community Discussions and Support
Thunderbird to Pegasus HOWTO ?

I had no problem reading my TBird addressbook - It was just that when it was written out for Pegasus, it never seemed to work (PM didn't recognize it properly). I would end up with an addressbook named "C", with no entries, and it would replace whatever addressbook I had before hand. I finally just created a tab-delimited file from my TBird addressbook and imported that OK into PM.

As for the mailboxes - Yes they showed up if I put them in the mail directory with an *.mbx extension. However, nested folders didn't work. A TBird folder can contain either messages or other folders, and PM didn't see them as nested. I just copied all the non-nested mailboxes, recreated the rest and then manually moving things where they needed to go. Took a little while, but not too bad.

At this point, I appear to be fully migrated, with the possible exception of a few rules, maybe. 

Thanks.

<p>I had no problem reading my TBird addressbook - It was just that when it was written out for Pegasus, it never seemed to work (PM didn't recognize it properly). I would end up with an addressbook named "C", with no entries, and it would replace whatever addressbook I had before hand. I finally just created a tab-delimited file from my TBird addressbook and imported that OK into PM.</p><p>As for the mailboxes - Yes they showed up if I put them in the mail directory with an *.mbx extension. However, nested folders didn't work. A TBird folder can contain either messages or other folders, and PM didn't see them as nested. I just copied all the non-nested mailboxes, recreated the rest and then manually moving things where they needed to go. Took a little while, but not too bad. </p><p>At this point, I appear to be fully migrated, with the possible exception of a few rules, maybe. </p><p>Thanks.  </p>

(I searched the FAQ/forum but didn't come across anything illuminating - Please point me to it if I missed it. Thanks)

I'm looking to migrate my addressbook and local folders from Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 to Pegasus 4.41. Is there a HOWTO anywhere? I've tried using Dawn to convert my addressbook and although I can end up with a new .pmr, I can't get Pegasus to see it as anything but an empty file. If I try to simply convert it start to finish in Dawn, it always renames my Pegasus addressbook as "C", with no entries.

I also found out that I can copy my non-folder (actually, non-nested) TBird "local folders" to my PMail directory, rename them as *.mbx and they will be properly recognized by Pegasus. However, those TBird folders that are nested would have to be done "manually recursive", by hand, one at a time. I'd like to avoid that if possible, since I have several folders.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

<p>(I searched the FAQ/forum but didn't come across anything illuminating - Please point me to it if I missed it. Thanks)</p><p>I'm looking to migrate my addressbook and local folders from Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 to Pegasus 4.41. Is there a HOWTO anywhere? I've tried using Dawn to convert my addressbook and although I can end up with a new .pmr, I can't get Pegasus to see it as anything but an empty file. If I try to simply convert it start to finish in Dawn, it always renames my Pegasus addressbook as "C", with no entries. </p><p>I also found out that I can copy my non-folder (actually, non-nested) TBird "local folders" to my PMail directory, rename them as *.mbx and they will be properly recognized by Pegasus. However, those TBird folders that are nested would have to be done "manually recursive", by hand, one at a time. I'd like to avoid that if possible, since I have several folders. </p><p>Any suggestions?</p><p>Thanks!  </p>

In order to get Dawn to correctly convert my Thunderbird addressbook to Pegasus Mail, I had to use Dawn Classic.  I did it as follows:

1. File -> Open  -> Open File
2. Select type "Mozilla Address Books *.mab"
3. Browse to your Thunderbird directory (usually "C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\RANDOMSTUFF\").  If you don't see the "Application Data" directory when you get to your home directory, just type the words "application data" and press enter -- it's a hidden directory.
4. Choose the address book -- on my system the address book I chose was "C:\Documents and Settings\Angus\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\wwk9bv7w.default\abook.mab".
5. Choose File -> Save -> Save as file
6. Set the file type to "Pegasus Mail"
7. Browse to your Pegasus Mail mailbox
8. Enter the desired filename (e.g. "Thunderbird.PMR") and click [Save]
9. If Pegasus Mail is running, close it and re-open it.  The saved address book should be there.

WRT converting your nested TBird .MBX files, can't you just copy them into the Pegasus Mail mailbox and have them appear automagically?

In order to get Dawn to correctly convert my Thunderbird addressbook to Pegasus Mail, I had to use Dawn Classic.  I did it as follows: 1. File -> Open  -> Open File 2. Select type "Mozilla Address Books *.mab" 3. Browse to your Thunderbird directory (usually "C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\RANDOMSTUFF\").  If you don't see the "Application Data" directory when you get to your home directory, just type the words "application data" and press enter -- it's a hidden directory. 4. Choose the address book -- on my system the address book I chose was "C:\Documents and Settings\Angus\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\wwk9bv7w.default\abook.mab". 5. Choose File -> Save -> Save as file 6. Set the file type to "Pegasus Mail" 7. Browse to your Pegasus Mail mailbox 8. Enter the desired filename (e.g. "Thunderbird.PMR") and click [Save] 9. If Pegasus Mail is running, close it and re-open it.  The saved address book should be there. WRT converting your nested TBird .MBX files, can't you just copy them into the Pegasus Mail mailbox and have them appear automagically?
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft