Community Discussions and Support
Drag & Drop on Folders

Alphabetical is all there is, sorry.

I've learned to deal with this in a couple of ways.  First, a space is a character and unlike Windows folders, PMail folder names can include leading spaces.  If you prepend one or more spaces before the folder names, they jump to the top of the list.  Second, I use the alpha sort to my advantage by naming the folders things like "PMK - Pegasus Mail 'Keepers'".  Then when I'm in the folder list if I type "PMK" the cursor jumps directly to the first matching folder. I don't really care what order they're in as long as I remember the first few letters of critical folders.

Alphabetical is all there is, sorry. I've learned to deal with this in a couple of ways.  First, a space is a character and unlike Windows folders, PMail folder names can include leading spaces.  If you prepend one or more spaces before the folder names, they jump to the top of the list.  Second, I use the alpha sort to my advantage by naming the folders things like "PMK - Pegasus Mail 'Keepers'".  Then when I'm in the folder list if I type "PMK" the cursor jumps directly to the first matching folder. I don't really care what order they're in as long as I remember the first few letters of critical folders.

I've just been trying out Pegasus Mail for a few days now and I seem to have a problem with drag & drop when applied to folders.  I've set up a series of folders which appear in alphabetical order in the Folder Manager.  The 'Help on Drag & Drop' item in the Help menu suggests I can alter the order of these folders (I'd like a non alphabetical order) by using drag & drop but when I do this the order doesn't change.  I've also tried to move a folder by right clicking on it and then choosing the 'Move selected entry' option and bringing up the 'Move a mail folder or tray' dialogue box - once again the folder doesn't move.  I can move a folder into an open tray using drag & drop but once there the folder order within the tray remains rigidly alphabetical. 

I guess this is not a major issue (the same situation applies in Thunderbird for example) but 'Help on Drag & Drop' does say:

"You can rearrange the folders in your Folder Manager window by dragging them and dropping them in the location where they should appear."

which does seem to apply I should be able to change the order.

If I don't decide to stick with Pegasus Mail can I uninstall it by simply deleting the Pmail folder on my c drive (the path is c:\Pmail)?  I am running XP Sp2 and Pegasus Mail isn't listed when I scan my system using 'Add or Remove Programs' in Control Panel.

Many thanks for any assistance! 

<p>I've just been trying out Pegasus Mail for a few days now and I seem to have a problem with drag & drop when applied to folders.  I've set up a series of folders which appear in alphabetical order in the Folder Manager.  The 'Help on Drag & Drop' item in the Help menu suggests I can alter the order of these folders (I'd like a non alphabetical order) by using drag & drop but when I do this the order doesn't change.  I've also tried to move a folder by right clicking on it and then choosing the 'Move selected entry' option and bringing up the 'Move a mail folder or tray' dialogue box - once again the folder doesn't move.  I <u>can</u> move a folder into an open tray using drag & drop but once there the folder order within the tray remains rigidly alphabetical.  </p><p>I guess this is not a major issue (the same situation applies in Thunderbird for example) but 'Help on Drag & Drop' does say: </p><p>"You can rearrange the folders in your Folder Manager window by dragging them and dropping them in the location where they should appear."</p><p>which does seem to apply I should be able to change the order.</p><p>If I don't decide to stick with Pegasus Mail can I uninstall it by simply deleting the Pmail folder on my c drive (the path is c:\Pmail)?  I am running XP Sp2 and Pegasus Mail isn't listed when I scan my system using 'Add or Remove Programs' in Control Panel.</p><p>Many thanks for any assistance! </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft