Community Discussions and Support
Questions on sort order of messages

[quote user="Len Philpot"]

Using PM 4.4.1, Win XP Home SP2

I prefer all my mailboxs, folders, etc. to be sorted in reverse date order, i.e., old to new from top to bottom. I can do this, no problem, by clicking (once or twice, depending on the current sort) of the Date/Time column header, or by selecting "Sort by date" and "Sort in reverse order" from the Messages menu. Problem is, when new messages are added to the New Mail folder/box (only, apparently), it still puts the new messages at the top of the list despite my configured sort order. After retrieving new mail, I can check the Messages menu and it's still configured as I left it, but that's no longer the way the list is sorted. On other folders, it appears to insert any new messages (directed there via rules) at the bottom of the list as configured.

Q1 - Is there a way to enforce the sort order (refresh it, maybe?) in the New Mail folder (preview mode)?

[/quote]

CTRL+W will do, it's by design that new messages in the new mail folder sort on top, to prevent being lost in the sort order when many messages are in there. 

[quote]

Q2 - Is there a way to globally set all folders/boxes to a specific sort order, or do they have to be done individually, one at a time? 

[/quote]

No, but it's sticky, you need to do it only once for each folder you want that for.

[quote user="Len Philpot"]<p><font size="1"><i>Using PM 4.4.1, Win XP Home SP2</i></font></p><p>I prefer all my mailboxs, folders, etc. to be sorted in reverse date order, i.e., old to new from top to bottom. I can do this, no problem, by clicking (once or twice, depending on the current sort) of the Date/Time column header, or by selecting "Sort by date" and "Sort in reverse order" from the Messages menu. Problem is, when new messages are added to the New Mail folder/box (only, apparently), it still puts the new messages at the top of the list despite my configured sort order. After retrieving new mail, I can check the Messages menu and it's still configured as I left it, but that's no longer the way the list is sorted. On other folders, it appears to insert any new messages (directed there via rules) at the bottom of the list as configured.</p><p>Q1 - Is there a way to enforce the sort order (refresh it, maybe?) in the New Mail folder (preview mode)?</p><p>[/quote] </p><p> </p><p>CTRL+W will do, it's by design that new messages in the new mail folder sort on top, to prevent being lost in the sort order when many messages are in there.  </p><p>[quote] </p><p>Q2 - Is there a way to globally set all folders/boxes to a specific sort order, or do they have to be done individually, one at a time? </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>No, but it's sticky, you need to do it only once for each folder you want that for.</p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

Using PM 4.4.1, Win XP Home SP2

I prefer all my mailboxs, folders, etc. to be sorted in reverse date order, i.e., old to new from top to bottom. I can do this, no problem, by clicking (once or twice, depending on the current sort) of the Date/Time column header, or by selecting "Sort by date" and "Sort in reverse order" from the Messages menu. Problem is, when new messages are added to the New Mail folder/box (only, apparently), it still puts the new messages at the top of the list despite my configured sort order. After retrieving new mail, I can check the Messages menu and it's still configured as I left it, but that's no longer the way the list is sorted. On other folders, it appears to insert any new messages (directed there via rules) at the bottom of the list as configured.

Q1 - Is there a way to enforce the sort order (refresh it, maybe?) in the New Mail folder (preview mode)?

Q2 - Is there a way to globally set all folders/boxes to a specific sort order, or do they have to be done individually, one at a time?

Thanks!

<p><font size="1"><i>Using PM 4.4.1, Win XP Home SP2</i></font></p><p>I prefer all my mailboxs, folders, etc. to be sorted in reverse date order, i.e., old to new from top to bottom. I can do this, no problem, by clicking (once or twice, depending on the current sort) of the Date/Time column header, or by selecting "Sort by date" and "Sort in reverse order" from the Messages menu. Problem is, when new messages are added to the New Mail folder/box (only, apparently), it still puts the new messages at the top of the list despite my configured sort order. After retrieving new mail, I can check the Messages menu and it's still configured as I left it, but that's no longer the way the list is sorted. On other folders, it appears to insert any new messages (directed there via rules) at the bottom of the list as configured.</p><p>Q1 - Is there a way to enforce the sort order (refresh it, maybe?) in the New Mail folder (preview mode)?</p><p>Q2 - Is there a way to globally set all folders/boxes to a specific sort order, or do they have to be done individually, one at a time?</p><p> Thanks!  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft