Community Discussions and Support
Mercury/32 v4.01a ingnores Global filtering Rules

Hi,

many thanks. I tried in several times with the rule "If header "T" contains "walter.muster@domain.com" Copy "SFeiler"" an it works great. The solution can be sometimes so easy.

Now I will trie some other rules but I think/hope, I dont need help any more...

Thanks for your time!

regards

Eichstetter Marco

<p>Hi,</p><p>many thanks. I tried in several times with the rule "If header "T" contains "walter.muster@domain.com" Copy "SFeiler"" an it works great. The solution can be sometimes so easy. </p><p>Now I will trie some other rules but I think/hope, I dont need help any more... </p><p>Thanks for your time!</p><p>regards</p><p>  Eichstetter Marco  </p>

Hi @ all,

hopefully you can help me.

On my private Server runs Mercury/32 v4.01a with few mailboxes like WMuster or SFeiler (just for example). The User WMuster have an alias like walter.muster@domain.com.

Now I want to create a global Rule where Mail to walter.muster@domain.com copied to the mailbox of SFeiler. So i create a global rule with a header type and mark "To". In "contains this text" i write walter.muster@domain.com, action is "copy message to another user" and under set i write SFeiler@domain.com.

So, that doesnt work. It doesnt matter which rule i set. Even If i set, that each mail should be deleted mercury puts the mails in the mailboxes of each user.

Please help.

best regards

Eichstetter Marco

<p>Hi @ all,</p><p>hopefully you can help me.</p><p>On my private Server runs Mercury/32 v4.01a with few mailboxes like WMuster or SFeiler (just for example). The User WMuster have an alias like walter.muster@domain.com.</p><p>  Now I want to create a global Rule where Mail to walter.muster@domain.com copied to the mailbox of SFeiler. So i create a global rule with a header type and mark "To". In "contains this text" i write walter.muster@domain.com, action is "copy message to another user" and under set i write SFeiler@domain.com.</p><p>  So, that doesnt work. It doesnt matter which rule i set. Even If i set, that each mail should be deleted mercury puts the mails in the mailboxes of each user.</p><p>Please help.</p><p> </p><p>best regards</p><p> </p><p>Eichstetter Marco  </p>

> Hi @ all,
>
> hopefully you can help me.
>
> On my private Server runs Mercury/32 v4.01a with few
> mailboxes like WMuster or SFeiler (just for example). The
> User WMuster have an alias like walter.muster@domain.com.

You should upgrade to v4.52 for security reasons if this system is connected to the internet.

>
>   Now I want to create a global Rule where Mail to
> walter.muster@domain.com copied to the mailbox of SFeiler. So
> i create a global rule with a header type and mark "To". In
> "contains this text" i write walter.muster@domain.com, action
> is "copy message to another user" and under set i write
> SFeiler@domain.com.

Sounds perfectly reasonable. Now we need to see the actual filter and the "Raw" line you are filtering.  Also, how are you receiving you mail?  MercuryS?  MercuryD?

>
>   So, that doesnt work. It doesnt matter which rule i set.
> Even If i set, that each mail should be deleted mercury puts
> the mails in the mailboxes of each user.
>
> Please help.
>
> best regards
>
> Eichstetter Marco
>  
>

> Hi @ all, > > hopefully you can help me. > > On my private Server runs Mercury/32 v4.01a with few > mailboxes like WMuster or SFeiler (just for example). The > User WMuster have an alias like walter.muster@domain.com. You should upgrade to v4.52 for security reasons if this system is connected to the internet. > >   Now I want to create a global Rule where Mail to > walter.muster@domain.com copied to the mailbox of SFeiler. So > i create a global rule with a header type and mark "To". In > "contains this text" i write walter.muster@domain.com, action > is "copy message to another user" and under set i write > SFeiler@domain.com. Sounds perfectly reasonable. Now we need to see the actual filter and the "Raw" line you are filtering.  Also, how are you receiving you mail?  MercuryS?  MercuryD? > >   So, that doesnt work. It doesnt matter which rule i set. > Even If i set, that each mail should be deleted mercury puts > the mails in the mailboxes of each user. > > Please help. > > best regards > > Eichstetter Marco >   >

Hi Thomas,

thanks for your post (pretty fast...).

ok, a update to the actual version is one step, but first, i will resolve the problem with the global rules.

I receive my mails with MercuryD (POP3 client) from a external mailbox (which is on a Mailserver of my ISP) where all mails at my domain "domain.com" are delivered. From this mailbox mercury pick up all mails and distribute it to my local mailboxes.

Thanks!

regards

Eichstetter Marco 

<p>Hi Thomas<strong>,</strong></p><p>thanks for your post (pretty fast...).</p><p>ok, a update to the actual version is one step, but first, i will resolve the problem with the global rules.</p><p>I receive my mails with MercuryD (POP3 client) from a external mailbox (which is on a Mailserver of my ISP) where all mails at my domain "domain.com" are delivered. From this mailbox mercury pick up all mails and distribute it to my local mailboxes.</p><p>Thanks!</p><p>regards</p><p>Eichstetter Marco </p><p>  </p>

> Hi Thomas,
>
> thanks for your post (pretty fast...).
>
> ok, a update to the actual version is one step, but first, i will
> resolve the problem with the global rules.
>
> I receive my mails with MercuryD (POP3 client) from a external
> mailbox (which is on a Mailserver of my ISP) where all mails at my
> domain "domain.com" are delivered. From this mailbox mercury pick up
> all mails and distribute it to my local mailboxes.

Ok, a "domain" account.  I assume you have left the local username blank and are using either some field in the header or an alias to deliver the mail.  What does the X-Envelope-To: header show on this message to you?  I'm trying to figure out if core is delivering the mail or MercuryD.

>
> Thanks!
>
> regards
>
> Eichstetter Marco

> Hi Thomas, > > thanks for your post (pretty fast...). > > ok, a update to the actual version is one step, but first, i will > resolve the problem with the global rules. > > I receive my mails with MercuryD (POP3 client) from a external > mailbox (which is on a Mailserver of my ISP) where all mails at my > domain "domain.com" are delivered. From this mailbox mercury pick up > all mails and distribute it to my local mailboxes. Ok, a "domain" account.  I assume you have left the local username blank and are using either some field in the header or an alias to deliver the mail.  What does the X-Envelope-To: header show on this message to you?  I'm trying to figure out if core is delivering the mail or MercuryD. > > Thanks! > > regards > > Eichstetter Marco

Hi,

do you mean the "local user" and "default user" lines in a pop3 mailbox definition of the MercuryD Modul? This fields are blank. The field "Headers" at the point "Optional special header processing" is also blank.

The "X-Envelope-To" header shows in a mail "X-Envelope-To: walter.muster@domain.com", I think that should be ok... 

Thanks!

regards

Eichstetter Marco

<p>Hi,</p><p>do you mean the "local user" and "default user" lines in a pop3 mailbox definition of the MercuryD Modul? This fields are blank. The field "Headers" at the point "Optional special header processing" is also blank.</p><p>The "X-Envelope-To" header shows in a mail "X-Envelope-To: walter.muster@domain.com", I think that should be ok... </p><p>Thanks!</p><p>regards</p><p>Eichstetter Marco  </p>

> Hi,
>
> do you mean the "local user" and "default user" lines in a pop3
> mailbox definition of the MercuryD Modul? This fields are blank. The
> field "Headers" at the point "Optional special header processing" is
> also blank.

Ok, then the mail system is discarding mail for all unknown users and core is delivering the mail based on the domain.

>
> The "X-Envelope-To" header shows in a mail "X-Envelope-To:
> walter.muster@domain.com", I think that should be ok...

Yes it is.  And so the filters should be working, now we need to see the actual filters.  Could you provide the filter from the rules.mer file for analysis.  It would also be helpful if you provided the ASCII text headers in the CNM file.  You can paste both of these into a reply.

>
> Thanks!
>
> regards
>
> Eichstetter Marco
>  
>

> Hi, > > do you mean the "local user" and "default user" lines in a pop3 > mailbox definition of the MercuryD Modul? This fields are blank. The > field "Headers" at the point "Optional special header processing" is > also blank. Ok, then the mail system is discarding mail for all unknown users and core is delivering the mail based on the domain. > > The "X-Envelope-To" header shows in a mail "X-Envelope-To: > walter.muster@domain.com", I think that should be ok... Yes it is.  And so the filters should be working, now we need to see the actual filters.  Could you provide the filter from the rules.mer file for analysis.  It would also be helpful if you provided the ASCII text headers in the CNM file.  You can paste both of these into a reply. > > Thanks! > > regards > > Eichstetter Marco >   >

Hi,

ok, here is what in the file rules.mer is:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mercury Global Rules
If header "T" contains "walter.muster@domain.com" Copy "SFeiler@domain.com"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I only replaced my domain name with "domain.com". The user SFeiler and the Mail Adress walter.muster@... exists.

An heres the header informations from the .cnm file

Received: from spooler by domain.com (Mercury/32 v4.01a); 24 Oct 2007 23:31:38 +0200
X-Envelope-To: <walter.muster@domain.com>
Return-path: <SFeiler@domain.com>
Received: from pcme (127.0.0.1) by domain.com (Mercury/32 v4.01a) with ESMTP ID MG000002;
   24 Oct 2007 23:31:29 +0200
To: <walter.muster@domain.com>
Subject: This is a test message
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 23:31:29 +0200
Message-ID: <002101c81685$3d986c80$1200a8c0@pcme>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
    boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0022_01C81696.0125F770"
X-Mailer: Microsoft Office Outlook 11
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3198
Thread-Index: AcgWhT1VZUaNLEg3T1KhBHRX22UHbw==

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

I tested this with my local Outlook Client and send a test message from the User "SFeiler" to "walter.muster@domain.com". So it goes from a local adress to a local adress, but this should work... I testet it with an external Mail source too. 

Thank you...

regards

Eichstetter Marco

&lt;p&gt;Hi,&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;ok, here is what in the file rules.mer is:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Mercury Global Rules If header &quot;T&quot; contains &quot;walter.muster@domain.com&quot; Copy &quot;SFeiler@domain.com&quot;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I only replaced my domain name with &quot;domain.com&quot;. The user SFeiler and the Mail Adress walter.muster@... exists.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;An heres the header informations from the .cnm file&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Received: from spooler by domain.com (Mercury/32 v4.01a); 24 Oct 2007 23:31:38 +0200 X-Envelope-To: &amp;lt;walter.muster@domain.com&amp;gt; Return-path: &amp;lt;SFeiler@domain.com&amp;gt; Received: from pcme (127.0.0.1) by domain.com (Mercury/32 v4.01a) with ESMTP ID MG000002; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; 24 Oct 2007 23:31:29 +0200 From: &quot;Sigi Feiler&quot; &amp;lt;SFeiler@domain.com&amp;gt; To: &amp;lt;walter.muster@domain.com&amp;gt; Subject: This is a test message Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 23:31:29 +0200 Message-ID: &amp;lt;002101c81685$3d986c80$1200a8c0@pcme&amp;gt; MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; boundary=&quot;----=_NextPart_000_0022_01C81696.0125F770&quot; X-Mailer: Microsoft Office Outlook 11 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3198 Thread-Index: AcgWhT1VZUaNLEg3T1KhBHRX22UHbw== This is a multi-part message in MIME format. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I tested this with my local Outlook Client and send a test message from the User &quot;SFeiler&quot; to &quot;walter.muster@domain.com&quot;. So it goes from a local adress to a local adress, but this should work... I testet it with an external Mail source too.&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thank you...&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp; regards&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Eichstetter Marco &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

> Hi,
>
> ok, here is what in the file rules.mer is:
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Mercury Global Rules
> If header "T" contains "walter.muster@domain.com" Copy "SFeiler@domain.com"

I would use either a local address or a forward in this filter.  

If header "T" contains "walter.muster@domain.com" Forward "SFeiler@domain.com"

or

If header "T" contains "walter.muster@domain.com" Copy "SFeiler"

or

If header "T" contains "walter.muster@domain.com" Copy "@c:\\pmail\\mail\\SFeiler"

>
>
>  
>
> I only replaced my domain name with "domain.com". The user SFeiler
> and the Mail Adress walter.muster@... exists.
>
> An heres the header informations from the .cnm file
>
>
> Received: from spooler by domain.com (Mercury/32 v4.01a); 24 Oct 2007 23:31:38 +0200
> X-Envelope-To: <walter.muster@domain.com>
> Return-path: <SFeiler@domain.com>
> Received: from pcme (127.0.0.1) by domain.com (Mercury/32 v4.01a) with0 ESMTP ID MG000002;
>    24 Oct 2007 23:31:29 +0200
> From: "Sigi Feiler" <SFeiler@domain.com>
> To: <walter.muster@domain.com>
> Subject: This is a test message
> Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 23:31:29 +0200
> Message-ID: <002101c81685$3d986c80$1200a8c0@pcme>
> MIME-Version: 1.0
> Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
>     boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0022_01C81696.0125F770"
> X-Mailer: Microsoft Office Outlook 11
> X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3198
> Thread-Index: AcgWhT1VZUaNLEg3T1KhBHRX22UHbw==
>
> This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
>
>
> I tested this with my local Outlook Client and send a test message
> from the User "SFeiler" to "walter.muster@domain.com". So it goes
> from a local adress to a local adress, but this should work... I
> testet it with an external Mail source too.
>
> Thank you...
>
>  
> regards
>
> Eichstetter Marco
>  
>
>  
>

&amp;gt; Hi, &amp;gt; &amp;gt; ok, here is what in the file rules.mer is: &amp;gt; &amp;gt; -------------------------------------------------------------------- &amp;gt; &amp;gt; Mercury Global Rules &amp;gt; If header &quot;T&quot; contains &quot;walter.muster@domain.com&quot; Copy &quot;SFeiler@domain.com&quot; I would use either a local address or a forward in this filter. &amp;nbsp; If header &quot;T&quot; contains &quot;walter.muster@domain.com&quot; Forward &quot;SFeiler@domain.com&quot; or If header &quot;T&quot; contains &quot;walter.muster@domain.com&quot; Copy &quot;SFeiler&quot; or If header &quot;T&quot; contains &quot;walter.muster@domain.com&quot; Copy &quot;@c:\\pmail\\mail\\SFeiler&quot; &amp;gt; &amp;gt; -------------------------------------------------------------------- &amp;gt; &amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;gt; &amp;gt; I only replaced my domain name with &quot;domain.com&quot;. The user SFeiler &amp;gt; and the Mail Adress walter.muster@... exists. &amp;gt; &amp;gt; An heres the header informations from the .cnm file &amp;gt; &amp;gt; -------------------------------------------------------------------- &amp;gt; &amp;gt; Received: from spooler by domain.com (Mercury/32 v4.01a); 24 Oct 2007 23:31:38 +0200 &amp;gt; X-Envelope-To: &amp;lt;walter.muster@domain.com&amp;gt; &amp;gt; Return-path: &amp;lt;SFeiler@domain.com&amp;gt; &amp;gt; Received: from pcme (127.0.0.1) by domain.com (Mercury/32 v4.01a) with0 ESMTP ID MG000002; &amp;gt; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; 24 Oct 2007 23:31:29 +0200 &amp;gt; From: &quot;Sigi Feiler&quot; &amp;lt;SFeiler@domain.com&amp;gt; &amp;gt; To: &amp;lt;walter.muster@domain.com&amp;gt; &amp;gt; Subject: This is a test message &amp;gt; Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 23:31:29 +0200 &amp;gt; Message-ID: &amp;lt;002101c81685$3d986c80$1200a8c0@pcme&amp;gt; &amp;gt; MIME-Version: 1.0 &amp;gt; Content-Type: multipart/alternative; &amp;gt; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; boundary=&quot;----=_NextPart_000_0022_01C81696.0125F770&quot; &amp;gt; X-Mailer: Microsoft Office Outlook 11 &amp;gt; X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3198 &amp;gt; Thread-Index: AcgWhT1VZUaNLEg3T1KhBHRX22UHbw== &amp;gt; &amp;gt; This is a multi-part message in MIME format. &amp;gt; &amp;gt; -------------------------------------------------------------------- &amp;gt; &amp;gt; I tested this with my local Outlook Client and send a test message &amp;gt; from the User &quot;SFeiler&quot; to &quot;walter.muster@domain.com&quot;. So it goes &amp;gt; from a local adress to a local adress, but this should work... I &amp;gt; testet it with an external Mail source too. &amp;gt; &amp;gt; Thank you... &amp;gt; &amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;gt; regards &amp;gt; &amp;gt; Eichstetter Marco &amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;gt; &amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;gt;

Hi,

ok, thanks. I'll try it (in about 5 hours) an give you a feedback.

regards

Eichstetter Marco

&lt;P&gt;Hi,&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;ok, thanks. I&#039;ll try it (in about 5 hours)&amp;nbsp;an give you a feedback.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;regards&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Eichstetter Marco&lt;/P&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft