Community Discussions and Support
-J command line option

David,

I use RQF files daily (and I sing your praises for making life easier!), but I don't believe that the 4.41 Help entry for RQF has changed since early version 3. Your tip wrt MI: isn't in there; nor is ID: which allows sending from different identities. (Moreover, it says "no parameter may be omitted," but is that really the case?)  

Are there any other RQF parameters we might know about -- perhaps one that allows the use of environment variables? [g,d & r]

David, I use RQF files daily (and I sing your praises for making life easier!), but I don't believe that the 4.41 Help entry for RQF has changed since early version 3. Your tip wrt MI: isn't in there; nor is ID: which allows sending from different identities. (Moreover, it says "no parameter may be omitted," but is that really the case?)   Are there any other RQF parameters we might know about -- perhaps one that allows the use of environment variables? [g,d & r]

I am using pegasus mail on the command line with the -J option.  This is a great option and it works for me.  

My question is this:  How can I prevent Pegasus from adding the following block of text to my messages.

-------------- Enclosure number 1 ----------------
* This message contains the file 'qb.dat', which has been
* uuencoded. If you are using Pegasus Mail, then you can use
* the browser's eXtract function to lift the original contents
* out to a file, otherwise you will have to extract the message
* and uudecode it manually.

My -J options are:

QB.RQF
!M:145
!T:12
TO:noone@nowhere.gov
SU:Hello
EN:0
CS:0
RC:1
DC:1
UR:1
SS:1
EX:0
AT:C:\Program Files\PMAIL\Programs\qb.dat,unknown,text/plain,qb.dat

Thanks if you can answer this question; otherwise I will just live with it and explain to my recipients that the text file really is plain/text and not uuencoded.

Gravy

I am using pegasus mail on the command line with the -J option.  This is a great option and it works for me.   My question is this:  How can I prevent Pegasus from adding the following block of text to my messages. -------------- Enclosure number 1 ---------------- * This message contains the file 'qb.dat', which has been * uuencoded. If you are using Pegasus Mail, then you can use * the browser's eXtract function to lift the original contents * out to a file, otherwise you will have to extract the message * and uudecode it manually. My -J options are: <STRONG>QB.RQF !M:145 !T:12 TO:noone@nowhere.gov SU:Hello EN:0 CS:0 RC:1 DC:1 UR:1 SS:1 EX:0 AT:C:\Program Files\PMAIL\Programs\qb.dat,unknown,text/plain,qb.dat </STRONG>Thanks if you can answer this question; otherwise I will just live with it and explain to my recipients that the text file really is plain/text and not uuencoded. Gravy

[quote user="Gravy Jones"]I am using pegasus mail on the command line with the -J option. This is a great option and it works for me.

My question is this: How can I prevent Pegasus from adding the following block of text to my messages.

-------------- Enclosure number 1 ----------------
* This message contains the file 'qb.dat', which has been
* uuencoded. If you are using Pegasus Mail, then you can use
* the browser's eXtract function to lift the original contents
* out to a file, otherwise you will have to extract the message
* and uudecode it manually.

My -J options are:

QB.RQF
!M:145
!T:12
TO:noone@nowhere.gov
SU:Hello
EN:0
CS:0
RC:1
DC:1
UR:1
SS:1
EX:0
AT:C:\Program Files\PMAIL\Programs\qb.dat,unknown,text/plain,qb.dat

Thanks if you can answer this question; otherwise I will just live with it and explain to my recipients that the text file really is plain/text and not uuencoded.

Gravy
[/quote]

Try changing the AT line to the following:

AT:C:\Program Files\PMAIL\Programs\qb.dat,text,text/plain,qb.dat

Don't know if it will work, but the second parameter is supposed to be the "attachment type" and you have "unknown" there.

<p>[quote user="Gravy Jones"]I am using pegasus mail on the command line with the -J option. This is a great option and it works for me. My question is this: How can I prevent Pegasus from adding the following block of text to my messages. -------------- Enclosure number 1 ---------------- * This message contains the file 'qb.dat', which has been * uuencoded. If you are using Pegasus Mail, then you can use * the browser's eXtract function to lift the original contents * out to a file, otherwise you will have to extract the message * and uudecode it manually. My -J options are: <b>QB.RQF !M:145 !T:12 TO:noone@nowhere.gov SU:Hello EN:0 CS:0 RC:1 DC:1 UR:1 SS:1 EX:0 AT:C:\Program Files\PMAIL\Programs\qb.dat,unknown,text/plain,qb.dat </b>Thanks if you can answer this question; otherwise I will just live with it and explain to my recipients that the text file really is plain/text and not uuencoded. Gravy [/quote]</p><p>Try changing the AT line to the following: AT:C:\Program Files\PMAIL\Programs\qb.dat,text,text/plain,qb.dat Don't know if it will work, but the second parameter is supposed to be the "attachment type" and you have "unknown" there.  </p>

If you look at the list of attachment types when you attach a file to a new message you will get a long list of types. But I would suggest you use Text or Binary.

Martin 

<p>If you look at the list of attachment types when you attach a file to a new message you will get a long list of types. But I would suggest you use Text or Binary.</p><p>Martin </p>

Thank you for the suggestion; unfortunately it did not solve the problem.  Also, I looked in preferences and settings for sending mail.  There was an option called "Don't add attachment information sections to multipart messages.'  I thought for sure that checking this option would solve my problem but it also did not help.

Now a strange thing occurs.  The command line mailer doesn't always send my messages. Now it sometimes queues them up in the Queue Manager.  Is there a setting to prevent this and to always cause PM to mail without queueing up.  To me it is very odd that this feature starting doing this.  I know for sure that I didn't change an option that could affect this.

Thank you for the suggestion; unfortunately it did not solve the problem.  Also, I looked in preferences and settings for sending mail.  There was an option called "<STRONG>Don't add attachment information sections to multipart messages</STRONG>.'  I thought for sure that checking this option would solve my problem but it also did not help. Now a strange thing occurs.  The command line mailer doesn't always send my messages. Now it sometimes queues them up in the Queue Manager.  Is there a setting to prevent this and to always cause PM to mail without queueing up.  To me it is very odd that this feature starting doing this.  I know for sure that I didn't change an option that could affect this.

FWIW I don't use the command-line options for Pegasus Mail when I have to send a text file from the command-line, I use blat. Get it here: http://www.blat.net/

FWIW I don't use the command-line options for Pegasus Mail when I have to send a text file from the command-line, I use blat. Get it here: http://www.blat.net/

Thank you.  I have downloaded blat source and run time.  It will be interesting to look at the source code.  I am a windows c++ developer.

Thank you.  I have downloaded blat source and run time.  It will be interesting to look at the source code.  I am a windows c++ developer.

You need to turn on MIME support, by adding the line:

MI:1

to your file.

Cheers!

-- David --

You need to turn on MIME support, by adding the line: MI:1 to your file. Cheers! -- David --

[quote user="Angus Scott-Fleming"]FWIW I don't use the command-line options for Pegasus Mail when I have to send a text file from the command-line, I use blat. [/quote]

Why wouldn't you? It's easy to do. Basic instructions on constructing an RQF file are available in the Help file, and many of us use them. 

[quote user="Angus Scott-Fleming"]FWIW I don't use the command-line options for Pegasus Mail when I have to send a text file from the command-line, I use blat. [/quote] Why wouldn't you? It's easy to do. Basic instructions on constructing an RQF file are available in the Help file, and many of us use them. 

[quote user="Paul in NJ"][quote user="Angus Scott-Fleming"]FWIW I don't use the command-line options for Pegasus Mail when I have to send a text file from the command-line, I use blat. [/quote]

Why wouldn't you? It's easy to do. Basic instructions on constructing an RQF file are available in the Help file, and many of us use them.

[/quote]

I agree with Angus here.  Sending via the Pegasus Mail commandline is like using a sledge hammer to kill a fly.  I either use Blat or in most cases simply put a 101 message file in glue headers format into the Mercury queue.  Both use a lot fewer resources and are a lot easier to use.

<p>[quote user="Paul in NJ"][quote user="Angus Scott-Fleming"]FWIW I don't use the command-line options for Pegasus Mail when I have to send a text file from the command-line, I use blat. [/quote] Why wouldn't you? It's easy to do. Basic instructions on constructing an RQF file are available in the Help file, and many of us use them. [/quote]</p><p> </p><p>I agree with Angus here.  Sending via the Pegasus Mail commandline is like using a sledge hammer to kill a fly.  I either use Blat or in most cases simply put a 101 message file in glue headers format into the Mercury queue.  Both use a lot fewer resources and are a lot easier to use. </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft