Community Discussions and Support
Removing Maiser@... on Behalf of.... ?

[quote user="dkocmoud"]

Mercury currently doesn't have the ability to change the Sender header from maiser@domain.com to listname@domain.com.

[/quote]

You also would never want to do this - it would result in too many errors, bounces and other assorted malformatted kruft being redistributed to the list when problems occurred.

As I mentioned in another thread, I'll see what I can do about this, either by adding an option to suppress the "Sender" field, or by allowing its content to be changed.

Cheers!

-- David --

[quote user="dkocmoud"]<p>Mercury currently doesn't have the ability to change the Sender header from <a href="mailto:maiser@domain.com" mce_href="mailto:maiser@domain.com">maiser@domain.com</a> to <a href="mailto:listname@domain.com" mce_href="mailto:listname@domain.com">listname@domain.com</a>.</p> [/quote] You also would never want to do this - it would result in too many errors, bounces and other assorted malformatted kruft being redistributed to the list when problems occurred. As I mentioned in another thread, I'll see what I can do about this, either by adding an option to suppress the "Sender" field, or by allowing its content to be changed. Cheers! -- David --

Looking to remove this: Maiser@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx on behalf of Some Person[sperson@email.com]

from emails going out through a mailing list. We have multiple lists setup and would really want it to change based on the list itself.

ie..

admin@email.com list would show: admin@email.com on behalf of Some Person[sperson@email.com]

where, info@email.com would be info@email.com on behalf of Some Person[sperson@email.com]

thanks!

<p> Looking to remove this: Maiser@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx on behalf of Some Person[sperson@email.com] from emails going out through a mailing list. We have multiple lists setup and would really want it to change based on the list itself. ie.. admin@email.com list would show: admin@email.com on behalf of Some Person[sperson@email.com] where, info@email.com would be info@email.com on behalf of Some Person[sperson@email.com] </p><p> </p><p>thanks! </p>

Basically what Outlook is doing here (this is perhaps done by some other mail clients too) is taking the Sender header and the From header and combining them in this manner that you described.  There is also an optional Reply-To field that is used for replies, which is normally set to the list address to send all replies back to the list itself or is missing altogether.  There is also an optional Errors-To field that mail systems can use to send any delivery errors to.  Maiser is the sender of the emails to list members, which is why it is in the Sender field.

Mercury currently doesn't have the ability to change the Sender header from maiser@domain.com to listname@domain.com.

<P>Basically what Outlook is doing here (this is perhaps done by some other mail clients too) is taking the Sender header and the From header and combining them in this manner that you described.  There is also an optional Reply-To field that is used for replies, which is normally set to the list address to send all replies back to the list itself or is missing altogether.  There is also an optional Errors-To field that mail systems can use to send any delivery errors to.  Maiser is the sender of the emails to list members, which is why it is in the Sender field.</P> <P>Mercury currently doesn't have the ability to change the Sender header from <A href="mailto:maiser@domain.com">maiser@domain.com</A> to <A href="mailto:listname@domain.com">listname@domain.com</A>.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft