Community Discussions and Support
Right click delete

Thanks, Han,

That works fine. I have Pegasus configured that way, which makes closing/reopening more convenient than deleting multiple folders one by one...

Accidental deletion would have dire consequences, since deleted folders don't end up in the Deleted... folder. But is there really any such risk?

The folder delete confirmation isn't disabled by the Ask for confirmation before deleting objects setting. In addition, for ordinary folders (not search results) this dialog is pretty safe, as there is no way to confirm deletion with a single click or keystroke.

Perhaps the issue could be brought up again - or am I missing something important here?

Erik 

<p>Thanks, Han,</p><p>That works fine. I have Pegasus configured that way, which makes closing/reopening more convenient than deleting multiple folders one by one...</p><p>Accidental deletion would have dire consequences, since deleted folders don't end up in the <span style="font-style: italic;">Deleted</span>... folder. But is there really any such risk? </p><p>The folder delete confirmation isn't disabled by the <span style="font-style: italic;">Ask for confirmation before deleting objects</span> setting. In addition, for ordinary folders (not search results) this dialog is pretty safe, as there is <span style="font-style: italic;">no</span> way to confirm deletion with a single click or keystroke. </p><p>Perhaps the issue could be brought up again - or am I missing something important here?</p><p>Erik </p>

When I right click on an unopened folder item, I would expect a delete option in the drop-down menu.  I don't get one.  Is this something that has to be set somewhere or is it just not an option?

<p>When I right click on an unopened folder item, I would expect a delete option in the drop-down menu.  I don't get one.  Is this something that has to be set somewhere or is it just not an option?</p><p> </p><p> </p>

You are correct -- there is no "Delete" in the right-click context menu.  But the IS a Delete button and related icon in the menu bar at the top of that same window.

Perhaps David could consider adding this option to the context menu in the next version of Pmail --  just for compatibility with standard Windows syntax.

<p>You are correct -- there is no "Delete" in the right-click context menu.  But the IS a Delete button and related icon in the menu bar at the top of that same window.</p><p>Perhaps David could consider adding this option to the context menu in the next version of Pmail --  just for compatibility with standard Windows syntax. </p><p> </p>

The problem is just fitting everything into those little menus...

I've always been a bit resistant to supporting massive redundancy - the standard Windows way of having five different ways of doing the same thing. In this case, there is a button and a keystroke (<Del>) that will do the job, and it just seemed superfluous to have the same function on the right-click menu, which is already large and more involved than I would like it to be.

My mind is not closed about this - if enough people ask for it, I'll eventually scratch my head in bemusement and add it, but it seems to me that there are better uses for that increasingly precious real estate.

Cheers!

-- David --

&lt;p&gt;The problem is just fitting everything into those little menus... I&#039;ve always been a bit resistant to supporting massive redundancy - the standard Windows way of having five different ways of doing the same thing. In this case, there is a button and a keystroke (&amp;lt;Del&amp;gt;) that will do the job, and it just seemed superfluous to have the same function on the right-click menu, which is already large and more involved than I would like it to be. My mind is not closed about this - if enough people ask for it, I&#039;ll eventually scratch my head in bemusement and add it, but it seems to me that there are better uses for that increasingly precious real estate. Cheers! -- David -- &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

I heartily vote for a right-click delete-option!

although david is right in some respect I like it the shortest way possible: if I had to press the del-key I would have to lift my right hand from the mouse, if I had to press the del-software-button I would have to move the mouse there and then back again.

if anything is good with the right mouse button then it is the pure convenience at a click! whatever can be done with an item you find it just there ....

that is the reason why I always had my problems with mac's "intuitive" one-button mouse ;)

I heartily vote for a right-click delete-option! although david is right in some respect I like it the shortest way possible: if I had to press the del-key I would have to lift my right hand from the mouse, if I had to press the del-software-button I would have to move the mouse there and then back again. if anything is good with the right mouse button then it is the pure convenience at a click! whatever can be done with an item you find it just there .... that is the reason why I always had my problems with mac&#039;s &quot;intuitive&quot; one-button mouse ;)

Just press the letter "d" and the highlighted message gets deleted.  Can't beat that for speed or ease.[:P]

I discovered this by mistake and am now looking if there are other hotkeys that will assist me in not "mousing around"[8-|]

&lt;P&gt;Just press the letter &quot;d&quot; and the highlighted message gets deleted.&amp;nbsp; Can&#039;t beat that for speed or ease.[:P]&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;&amp;nbsp;I discovered this by mistake and am now looking if there are other hotkeys that will assist me in not &quot;mousing around&quot;[8-|]&lt;/P&gt;

[quote user="RFrey"]

Just press the letter "d" and the highlighted message gets deleted.  Can't beat that for speed or ease.[:P]

I discovered this by mistake and am now looking if there are other hotkeys that will assist me in not "mousing around"[8-|]

[/quote]

http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/pk_frame.html

[quote user=&quot;RFrey&quot;]&lt;p&gt;Just press the letter &quot;d&quot; and the highlighted message gets deleted.&amp;nbsp; Can&#039;t beat that for speed or ease.[:P]&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;I discovered this by mistake and am now looking if there are other hotkeys that will assist me in not &quot;mousing around&quot;[8-|]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/pk_frame.html&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

Now that reference is a really good one.  I have been using Pegasus for over 10 years (as far as I can remember), and I was never aware of all the single-key and cntl/alt-key commands that were hiding there in the background.

Thanks for posting it.

&lt;p&gt;Now that reference is a really good one.&amp;nbsp; I have been using Pegasus for over 10 years (as far as I can remember), and I was never aware of all the single-key and cntl/alt-key commands that were hiding there in the background.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thanks for posting it. &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Somewhat along these lines, I would really like to have a keyboard accelerator and/or Delete option in the right-click menu for folders.

This is because I use Find a lot and thus end up with many temporary Search results folders. There is no multiple-select so they have to be deleted one at a time, moving the mouse between folder and Delete button. I often find myself quitting and restarting Pegasus to have these folders conveniently removed...

Cheers,

Erik 

&lt;p&gt;Somewhat along these lines, I would really like to have a keyboard accelerator and/or Delete option in the right-click menu for &lt;i&gt;folders.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;This is because I use Find a lot and thus end up with many temporary Search results folders. There is no multiple-select so they have to be deleted one at a time, moving the mouse between folder and Delete button. I often find myself quitting and restarting Pegasus to have these folders conveniently removed... &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Cheers,&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Erik&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="pmerik"]

Somewhat along these lines, I would really like to have a keyboard accelerator and/or Delete option in the right-click menu for folders.

This is because I use Find a lot and thus end up with many temporary Search results folders. There is no multiple-select so they have to be deleted one at a time, moving the mouse between folder and Delete button. I often find myself quitting and restarting Pegasus to have these folders conveniently removed...

Cheers,

Erik 

[/quote]

You might want to set the default to delete those folders on exit : Tools -> Options -> Folder behaviors.  There is to much risk in loosing folders accidentely when creating a shortcut for it... at least that was the outcome of a discussion on the beta team long time ago.

[quote user=&quot;pmerik&quot;]&lt;p&gt;Somewhat along these lines, I would really like to have a keyboard accelerator and/or Delete option in the right-click menu for &lt;i&gt;folders.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;This is because I use Find a lot and thus end up with many temporary Search results folders. There is no multiple-select so they have to be deleted one at a time, moving the mouse between folder and Delete button. I often find myself quitting and restarting Pegasus to have these folders conveniently removed... &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Cheers,&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Erik&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;You might want to set the default to delete those folders on exit : Tools -&amp;gt; Options -&amp;gt; Folder behaviors.&amp;nbsp; There is to much risk in loosing folders accidentely when creating a shortcut for it... at least that was the outcome of a discussion on the beta team long time ago.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft