Community Discussions and Support
reindexing new mail folder

[quote user="Angus Scott-Fleming"]

You don't need to re-index the NMF.  The only time you'll have issues with NMF is if you have more than 300 (I think) NM messages, at which point Pegasus Mail stops updating the folder.

[/quote]

The limit is 750, and all that happens is that the program stops updating the view AUTOMATICALLY. You can press Ctrl+W or click the "Open new mail folder" toolbar button at any time to force a rescan, no matter how many messages are in the folder.

Cheers!

-- David --

[quote user="Angus Scott-Fleming"]<p>You don't need to re-index the NMF.  The only time you'll have issues with NMF is if you have more than 300 (I think) NM messages, at which point Pegasus Mail stops updating the folder.</p>[/quote] The limit is 750, and all that happens is that the program stops updating the view AUTOMATICALLY. You can press Ctrl+W or click the "Open new mail folder" toolbar button at any time to force a rescan, no matter how many messages are in the folder. Cheers! -- David --

Hi,

The new mail folder does not have a option (on right clicking) to reindex.  Is this a problem on my end, or is the program disigned that way?

Have not been able to find the answer using the help files or the forum search.

thanks much,

Randy

<P>Hi, </P> <P>The new mail folder does not have a option (on right clicking) to reindex.  Is this a problem on my end, or is the program disigned that way?</P> <P>Have not been able to find the answer using the help files or the forum search. </P> <P>thanks much, </P> <P>Randy</P>

The new-mail "folder" is a pseudo-folder, it's just a list of all the new-mail messages in your mailbox.  Each message is its own file, unlike other folders, which consist of a folder-file and an index-file. The other pseudo-folder is your outbound message queue, which doesn't appear in the list of folders.

You don't need to re-index the NMF.  The only time you'll have issues with NMF is if you have more than 300 (I think) NM messages, at which point Pegasus Mail stops updating the folder.

HTH

<p>The new-mail "folder" is a pseudo-folder, it's just a list of all the new-mail messages in your mailbox.  Each message is its own file, unlike other folders, which consist of a folder-file and an index-file. The other pseudo-folder is your outbound message queue, which doesn't appear in the list of folders.</p><p> </p><p>You don't need to re-index the NMF.  The only time you'll have issues with NMF is if you have more than 300 (I think) NM messages, at which point Pegasus Mail stops updating the folder.</p><p> </p><p>HTH</p><p> </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft