Community Discussions and Support
VERP logs

[quote user="Thomas R. Stephenson"]

Correct.  The bounces are generally coming at the time MercuryE is talking to the receiving host but you should still get a bounce message .  I run a number of lists using VERP and I always get a bounce message pretty much telling me why the connection failed.  Are you not seeing any bounce messages at all?

[/quote]

Yes, I do get some bounce messages but I didn't think I got all of them. Perhaps I do - I will start paying more attention to them and, heaven forbid, perhaps even keep copies of them.

Thanks for the reply.
[quote user="Thomas R. Stephenson"]<P>Correct.  The bounces are generally coming at the time MercuryE is talking to the receiving host but you should still get a bounce message .  I run a number of lists using VERP and I always get a bounce message pretty much telling me why the connection failed.  Are you not seeing any bounce messages at all?</P>[/quote] Yes, I do get some bounce messages but I didn't think I got all of them. Perhaps I do - I will start paying more attention to them and, heaven forbid, perhaps even keep copies of them. Thanks for the reply.

I'm running a mailing list that uses VERP to process errors. From time to time I'm asked why certain addresses have been disabled. Does VERP keep a log of errors it receives?  Or is there some other way of finding this information? I have thought about using a global filter to copy mail addressed to VERP to me, but I suspect that won't catch mail that is rejected by the SMTP server (correct me if I'm wrong).

Cheers, Mike

I'm running a mailing list that uses VERP to process errors. From time to time I'm asked why certain addresses have been disabled. Does VERP keep a log of errors it receives?  Or is there some other way of finding this information? I have thought about using a global filter to copy mail addressed to VERP to me, but I suspect that won't catch mail that is rejected by the SMTP server (correct me if I'm wrong). Cheers, Mike

[quote user="m_g_w"]I'm running a mailing list that uses VERP to process errors. From time to time I'm asked why certain addresses have been disabled. Does VERP keep a log of errors it receives? Or is there some other way of finding this information? I have thought about using a global filter to copy mail addressed to VERP to me, but I suspect that won't catch mail that is rejected by the SMTP server (correct me if I'm wrong).

Cheers, Mike
[/quote]

Correct.  The bounces are generally coming at the time MercuryE is talking to the receiving host but you should still get a bounce message .  I run a number of lists using VERP and I always get a bounce message pretty much telling me why the connection failed.  Are you not seeing any bounce messages at all?

<p>[quote user="m_g_w"]I'm running a mailing list that uses VERP to process errors. From time to time I'm asked why certain addresses have been disabled. Does VERP keep a log of errors it receives? Or is there some other way of finding this information? I have thought about using a global filter to copy mail addressed to VERP to me, but I suspect that won't catch mail that is rejected by the SMTP server (correct me if I'm wrong). Cheers, Mike [/quote]</p><p>Correct.  The bounces are generally coming at the time MercuryE is talking to the receiving host but you should still get a bounce message .  I run a number of lists using VERP and I always get a bounce message pretty much telling me why the connection failed.  Are you not seeing any bounce messages at all?</p><p>  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft