Community Discussions and Support
Pegasus does not remember signature selection

[quote user="tailwinds6"]

Thanks for the quick reply. 

That is how I change signatures. But if I close Pegasus when I reopen it the Default set indicated reverts to the old one in place at the time of the switch.

[/quote]

This says to me that you are not updating the pmail.ini file.  The first thing that comes to mind is you do not have the full rights to the mail directories.

[quote user="tailwinds6"]<p>Thanks for the quick reply. </p><p>  That is how I change signatures. But if I close Pegasus when I reopen it the Default set indicated reverts to the old one in place at the time of the switch. </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>This says to me that you are not updating the pmail.ini file.  The first thing that comes to mind is you do not have the full rights to the mail directories.</p><p> </p>

A few weeks ago I got a new computer and installed Pegasus 4.41 (Running on Windows XP). I always keep various signatures in bank that I change regularly. When I transferred all the data and emails to my new computer it kept the signatures I already had. But if I try to change the signature it will remember the selection as long as Pegasus is open but when I close and reopen Pegasus it reverts to the signature that was selected when I changed computers. Is there something to clear so that it will remember signatures?

Thanks!

Stephane/Montreal

<p>A few weeks ago I got a new computer and installed Pegasus 4.41 (Running on Windows XP). I always keep various signatures in bank that I change regularly. When I transferred all the data and emails to my new computer it kept the signatures I already had. But if I try to change the signature it will remember the selection as long as Pegasus is open but when I close and reopen Pegasus it reverts to the signature that was selected when I changed computers. Is there something to clear so that it will remember signatures?</p><p>Thanks!</p><p> Stephane/Montreal  </p>

[quote user="tailwinds6"]

A few weeks ago I got a new computer and installed Pegasus 4.41 (Running on Windows XP). I always keep various signatures in bank that I change regularly. When I transferred all the data and emails to my new computer it kept the signatures I already had. But if I try to change the signature it will remember the selection as long as Pegasus is open but when I close and reopen Pegasus it reverts to the signature that was selected when I changed computers. Is there something to clear so that it will remember signatures?

Thanks!

Stephane/Montreal

[/quote]

Where are you changing the signatures.  The default signature for any identity is set using Tools | Options | Signatures  "Default set" when you have selected that particular identity.  This is saved in the pmail.ini file that is updated when you close the program.

[quote user="tailwinds6"]<p>A few weeks ago I got a new computer and installed Pegasus 4.41 (Running on Windows XP). I always keep various signatures in bank that I change regularly. When I transferred all the data and emails to my new computer it kept the signatures I already had. But if I try to change the signature it will remember the selection as long as Pegasus is open but when I close and reopen Pegasus it reverts to the signature that was selected when I changed computers. Is there something to clear so that it will remember signatures?</p><p>Thanks!</p><p> Stephane/Montreal  </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Where are you changing the signatures.  The default signature for any identity is set using Tools | Options | Signatures  "Default set" when you have selected that particular identity.  This is saved in the pmail.ini file that is updated when you close the program.</p><p> </p>

Thanks for the quick reply. 

That is how I change signatures. But if I close Pegasus when I reopen it the Default set indicated reverts to the old one in place at the time of the switch.

<p>Thanks for the quick reply. </p><p>  That is how I change signatures. But if I close Pegasus when I reopen it the Default set indicated reverts to the old one in place at the time of the switch. </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft