Community Discussions and Support
Stop an IP from being Blacklisted...

If it's a legitimate sender you could contact him to have him update his addresses. Or you could allow more failed RCPTs, or remove that restriction altogether.

/Rolf 

<p>If it's a legitimate sender you could contact him to have him update his addresses. Or you could allow more failed RCPTs, or remove that restriction altogether.</p><p>/Rolf </p>

Connection refused short-term from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, Sat Nov 03 13:17:40 2007

I've added this IP address to MercuryS connection control, with Allow Connection and connections form this address are exempt from transaction filtering.

Yet this IP keeps being blacklisted.  How can I exempt this IP Address ??

Looks like the compliance settings.. Any way to whitelist this IP so it is exempt from compliance ??

Thanks 

<p>Connection refused short-term from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, Sat Nov 03 13:17:40 2007</p><p>I've added this IP address to MercuryS connection control, with Allow Connection and connections form this address are exempt from transaction filtering. </p><p>Yet this IP keeps being blacklisted.  How can I exempt this IP Address ??</p><p>Looks like the compliance settings.. Any way to whitelist this IP so it is exempt from compliance ??</p><p>Thanks </p>

There is no exception list for transaction level restrictions, only for restrictions to apply to message content. I'm not sure why a good sender would repeatedly fail transaction level restrictions, though. You may need to increase the limit for number of failed RCPTs or relay attempts if it's to strict.

To remove existing short-term blacklisting you need to restart Mercury.

/Rolf

<p>There is no exception list for transaction level restrictions, only for restrictions to apply to message content. I'm not sure why a good sender would repeatedly fail transaction level restrictions, though. You may need to increase the limit for number of failed RCPTs or relay attempts if it's to strict.</p><p>To remove existing short-term blacklisting you need to restart Mercury.</p><p>/Rolf  </p>

I was hoping I could add the IP address as a rule like:

H, "*xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx*", X, "Allow IP Access."

Would that work ?? 

<p>Thanks :(</p><p>I was hoping I could add the IP address as a rule like:</p><p>H, "*xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx*", X, "Allow IP Access."</p><p>Would that work ?? </p><p> </p>

No. :(  And the helo probably doesn't contain the IP address anyhow.

It may be better to find out why they are failing the checks and correct that.  Turn session logging on to get the details.

<P>No. :(  And the helo probably doesn't contain the IP address anyhow.</P> <P>It may be better to find out why they are failing the checks and correct that.  Turn session logging on to get the details.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

Hm, when the 'Connections from this address range are exempt from transaction filtering' checkbox in the Connection Control edit dialogue is ticked, Mercury skips the whole transaction filtering for mails delivered from that IP(s), at least it does that over here. Perhaps the IP of the server where the offending mails originate from (and which you have probably excluded) is not the same as the delivering server's IP?

Best regards

Nico

Hm, when the 'Connections from this address range are exempt from transaction filtering' checkbox in the Connection Control edit dialogue is ticked, Mercury skips the whole transaction filtering for mails delivered from that IP(s), at least it does that over here. Perhaps the IP of the server where the offending mails originate from (and which you have probably excluded) is not the same as the delivering server's IP? Best regards Nico

I've got the correct IP Address in the FROM field and I've ticked 'allow' connections.

I've also set "Connections are exempt from transaction filtering control" yet they still get blacklisted.

I could add the HELO details to the transaction filter.

Any other ideas ? I'm discusing the issue about the RCPT failures with the ISP.

<P>I've got the correct IP Address in the FROM field and I've ticked 'allow' connections.</P> <P>I've also set "Connections are exempt from transaction filtering control" yet they still get blacklisted.</P> <P>I could add the HELO details to the transaction filter.</P> <P>Any other ideas ? I'm discusing the issue about the RCPT failures with the ISP.</P>

Have you discovered why they are failing?

The exemption is only for the transaction-level expression filter file - there are other compliance checks which you may have set which would cause the blacklisting.

<P>Have you discovered why they are failing?</P> <P>The exemption is only for the transaction-level expression filter file - there are other compliance checks which you may have set which would cause the blacklisting.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft