Community Discussions and Support
IMAP Folder corrupted

[quote user="EricT2000"]Greetings all.  I'm moving some folders from my file I/O based Pegasus Mail setup (using 4.41) to IMAP with Mercury (4.52) as the host.  One particular folder has 22500 e-mails in it, it was moved successfully to the IMAP folder.  But now when I try to open that folder, I get a message in pegasus that the folder is corrupted and that I should try to re-index.  But since it's an IMAP folder, there is no re-index option.  I checked the contents of the .PMC file (677MB large), but it's binary.  What are my options to recover the data?  Is the binary file-format publicized?  A different IMAP folder is even in worse shape; the .PMC and .PHC file are completely gone -- thankfully the contents in that one wasn't important.  Thanks for suggestions![/quote]

The folders are PMM (data) and PMI (index) with a Mercury/32 PNM file (new mail listing).  These folders can be opened with Pegasus Mail and reindexed if required.  All you need to do in install Pegasus Mail on the server pointing at the mailbox structure you use with Mercury/32.  This now will allow you to reindex the folder. 

That said since you are not describing the files and file structure properly there may be a problem with how you did the transfer.  A simply copy of the PMM and PMI files from the WinPMail home mail directory to the Mercury/32 home mail directory for the user is all that is required.  In addition, the IMAP4 protocol is very much more inefficient than the direct access so I'm not all that sure why you are converting. 

<p>[quote user="EricT2000"]Greetings all.  I'm moving some folders from my file I/O based Pegasus Mail setup (using 4.41) to IMAP with Mercury (4.52) as the host.  One particular folder has 22500 e-mails in it, it was moved successfully to the IMAP folder.  But now when I try to open that folder, I get a message in pegasus that the folder is corrupted and that I should try to re-index.  But since it's an IMAP folder, there is no re-index option.  I checked the contents of the .PMC file (677MB large), but it's binary.  What are my options to recover the data?  Is the binary file-format publicized?  A different IMAP folder is even in worse shape; the .PMC and .PHC file are completely gone -- thankfully the contents in that one wasn't important.  Thanks for suggestions![/quote]</p><p> </p><p>The folders are PMM (data) and PMI (index) with a Mercury/32 PNM file (new mail listing).  These folders can be opened with Pegasus Mail and reindexed if required.  All you need to do in install Pegasus Mail on the server pointing at the mailbox structure you use with Mercury/32.  This now will allow you to reindex the folder.  </p><p>That said since you are not describing the files and file structure properly there may be a problem with how you did the transfer.  A simply copy of the PMM and PMI files from the WinPMail home mail directory to the Mercury/32 home mail directory for the user is all that is required.  In addition, the IMAP4 protocol is very much more inefficient than the direct access so I'm not all that sure why you are converting.  </p><p> </p><p>  </p>

Greetings all.  I'm moving some folders from my file I/O based Pegasus Mail setup (using 4.41) to IMAP with Mercury (4.52) as the host.  One particular folder has 22500 e-mails in it, it was moved successfully to the IMAP folder.  But now when I try to open that folder, I get a message in pegasus that the folder is corrupted and that I should try to re-index.  But since it's an IMAP folder, there is no re-index option.  I checked the contents of the .PMC file (677MB large), but it's binary.  What are my options to recover the data?  Is the binary file-format publicized?  A different IMAP folder is even in worse shape; the .PMC and .PHC file are completely gone -- thankfully the contents in that one wasn't important.  Thanks for suggestions!

Greetings all.  I'm moving some folders from my file I/O based Pegasus Mail setup (using 4.41) to IMAP with Mercury (4.52) as the host.  One particular folder has 22500 e-mails in it, it was moved successfully to the IMAP folder.  But now when I try to open that folder, I get a message in pegasus that the folder is corrupted and that I should try to re-index.  But since it's an IMAP folder, there is no re-index option.  I checked the contents of the .PMC file (677MB large), but it's binary.  What are my options to recover the data?  Is the binary file-format publicized?  A different IMAP folder is even in worse shape; the .PMC and .PHC file are completely gone -- thankfully the contents in that one wasn't important.  Thanks for suggestions!
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft