Community Discussions and Support
Pegasus substitute for Mac?

[quote user="RobA"]I HAVE a macbook pro intel processor running OS 10.7.3 and I have been having problems getting PMAIL operational as well as many other programs and components in and around my computer.
BUT I found a great remedy...Snow Leopard. now everything works fine.
[/quote]

Hey thanks for the advice! I will be working in a Mac for the first time in my life and I'm trying to move most of my beloved softwares from Windows to Mac to feel like home.

Hope to get my email running smooth :) 

<p>[quote user="RobA"]I HAVE a macbook pro intel processor running OS 10.7.3 and I have been having problems getting PMAIL operational as well as many other programs and components in and around my computer. BUT I found a great remedy...<span class="main-title" itemprop="name">Snow<b> </b>Leopard<b>. </b>now everything works fine.<b> </b></span>[/quote]</p><p>Hey thanks for the advice! I will be working in a Mac for the first time in my life and I'm trying to move most of my beloved softwares from Windows to Mac to feel like home.</p><p>Hope to get my email running smooth :) </p>

Although I have only just joined this forum, I have been a very happy user of Pegasus for many years dating back to the old DOS days, and I have extolled its praises to anyone who will listen -- and I have made several converts. I have just bought a Mac laptop for the first time and would like to know if anyone here can suggest an  email client for the Mac that  is similar in its interface and functionality to Pegasus. (I take it that Pegasus itself has not been ported to the Mac). My laptop is a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.5 (Leopard). Please include a URL (if you have one) for any suggested Pegasus substitutes.

<p>Although I have only just joined this forum, I have been a very happy user of Pegasus for many years dating back to the old DOS days, and I have extolled its praises to anyone who will listen -- and I have made several converts. I have just bought a Mac laptop for the first time and would like to know if anyone here can suggest an  email client for the Mac that  is similar in its interface and functionality to Pegasus. (I take it that Pegasus itself has not been ported to the Mac). My laptop is a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.5 (Leopard). Please include a URL (if you have one) for any suggested Pegasus substitutes.</p><p>  </p>

You could run Pegasus under emulation (Parallels v3.x works very well). Does not give you the full Mac experience.

Or you could transfer to Mulberry Mail (http://www.mulberrymail.com) which is cross platform.

There may be a small problem with transferring / converting the Pegasus folders to mbox (.mbx) - there may be corruption is some mails. Best way around is by using an IMAP server/account to transfer / convert to the target computer. 

You may wish to also check this site:

http://email.about.com/od/macemailclients/Mac_Email_Clients.htm

Good luck in your search, Pegasus is hard to replace. 

<p>You could run Pegasus under emulation (Parallels v3.x works very well). Does not give you the full Mac experience. </p><p>  Or you could transfer to Mulberry Mail (http://www.mulberrymail.com) which is cross platform. </p><p>  There may be a small problem with transferring / converting the Pegasus folders to mbox (.mbx) - there may be corruption is some mails. Best way around is by using an IMAP server/account to transfer / convert to the target computer. </p><p> </p><p>You may wish to also check this site:</p><p>http://email.about.com/od/macemailclients/Mac_Email_Clients.htm</p><p> </p><p>Good luck in your search, Pegasus is hard to replace. </p>

I HAVE a macbook pro intel processor running OS 10.7.3 and I have been having problems getting PMAIL operational as well as many other programs and components in and around my computer.
BUT I found a great remedy...Snow Leopard. now everything works fine.

I HAVE a macbook pro intel processor running OS 10.7.3 and I have been having problems getting PMAIL operational as well as many other programs and components in and around my computer. BUT I found a great remedy...<span class="main-title" itemprop="name">Snow<b> </b>Leopard<b>. </b>now everything works fine.<b> </b></span>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft