Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Filtering rules exchange

I saw that Filezilla has export/import of ftp logins in the form of an xml file. That is very convenient if you have unskilled users.

Or... if you have several computers too...

<p>I saw that Filezilla has export/import of ftp logins in the form of an xml file. That is very convenient if you have unskilled users.</p><p> </p><p>Or... if you have several computers too... </p>

I have recently worked in a specific environment:

- High density of mailing lists

- People with very low computer abilities, who complained that their "mailbox was full"

To put it shortly, those people needed help at creating filtering rules. I suspect this is quite common. I just had the idea that a set of filtering rules could be exported and imported from one PM to another.

There would also be, before export or import, a stage at which you can check or uncheck the rules to use. 

<p>I have recently worked in a specific environment:</p><p> </p><p>- High density of mailing lists</p><p>- People with very low computer abilities, who complained that their "mailbox was full"</p><p> </p><p>To put it shortly, those people needed help at creating filtering rules. I suspect this is quite common. I just had the idea that a set of filtering rules could be exported and imported from one PM to another.</p><p> </p><p>There would also be, before export or import, a stage at which you can check or uncheck the rules to use. </p>

[quote user="arnaudherve"]

I have recently worked in a specific environment:

- High density of mailing lists

- People with very low computer abilities, who complained that their "mailbox was full"

To put it shortly, those people needed help at creating filtering rules. I suspect this is quite common. I just had the idea that a set of filtering rules could be exported and imported from one PM to another.

[/quote]

Will the "Filter" button in the message reader be of any help, that's designed to create simple filters, based on the message.

You can copy filterrules, but as folders have unique folder id-s the target folders in the rules are not valid for another user. The rules are in winrules.pmc and winrulea.pmc (open and close). You can check those with an text editor like notepad.

There would also be, before export or import, a stage at which you can check or uncheck the rules to use. 

[/quote]

I don't expect this to be in the program ever.

[quote user="arnaudherve"]<p>I have recently worked in a specific environment:</p>- High density of mailing lists<p>- People with very low computer abilities, who complained that their "mailbox was full"</p><p> </p><p>To put it shortly, those people needed help at creating filtering rules. I suspect this is quite common. I just had the idea that a set of filtering rules could be exported and imported from one PM to another.</p><p> [/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Will the "Filter" button in the message reader be of any help, that's designed to create simple filters, based on the message. </p><p>You can copy filterrules, but as folders have unique folder id-s the target folders in the rules are not valid for another user. The rules are in winrules.pmc and winrulea.pmc (open and close). You can check those with an text editor like notepad. </p><p>[quote user="arnaudherve"] </p><p>There would also be, before export or import, a stage at which you can check or uncheck the rules to use. </p><p>[/quote]</p><p>I don't expect this to be in the program ever. </p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

Hi :

- concerning your first answer, I don't understand how it logically relates to my previous message

- concerning your second answer, I don't understand your position in the team, to make such a statement. 

<p>Hi :</p><p>- concerning your first answer, I don't understand how it logically relates to my previous message</p><p>- concerning your second answer, I don't understand your position in the team, to make such a statement. </p>

Hi :

- concerning your first answer, I don't understand how it logically relates to my previous message

[/quote]

You asked for help by creating filtering rules, that's already in the program, using the button.

- concerning your second answer, I don't understand your position in the team, to make such a statement. 

[/quote]

You don't have to, just trust me on this....

[quote user="arnaudherve"]<p>Hi :</p><p>- concerning your first answer, I don't understand how it logically relates to my previous message</p><p>[/quote]</p><p>You asked for help by creating filtering rules, that's already in the program, using the button. </p><p>  [quote user="arnaudherve"] </p><p>- concerning your second answer, I don't understand your position in the team, to make such a statement. </p><p>[/quote]</p><p>You don't have to, just trust me on this....</p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

[quote user="Han v.d. Bogaerde"]You asked for help by creating filtering rules[/quote]

No, I didn't.

[quote] You don't have to, just trust me on this....[/quote]

Yes, I have to. 

[quote user="Han v.d. Bogaerde"]You asked for help by creating filtering rules[/quote] <p>No, I didn't.</p><p> [quote] You don't have to, just trust me on this....[/quote] Yes, I have to. </p>

My users in many non profit activities still need mailing lists, and are still unable to create filtering rules by themselves (even the graduates users), so they end up complaining "my mailbox is full".

It appears to me at least that export/import of rules between people who share common interests would greatly promote the use of Pegasus.

<p>My users in many non profit activities still need mailing lists, and are still unable to create filtering rules by themselves (even the graduates users), so they end up complaining "my mailbox is full".</p><p> </p><p>It appears to me at least that export/import of rules between people who share common interests would greatly promote the use of Pegasus. </p>

[quote user="arnaudherve"]It appears to me at least that export/import of rules between people who share common interests would greatly promote the use of Pegasus.[/quote]

I would agree that filtering rules that are either standarised or easier to move between users would be good.  The current system, which uses the internal folder names, is the main issue, and I don't suppose that is going to change soon.

<P>[quote user="arnaudherve"]It appears to me at least that export/import of rules between people who share common interests would greatly promote the use of Pegasus.[/quote]</P> <P>I would agree that filtering rules that are either standarised or easier to move between users would be good.  The current system, which uses the internal folder names, is the main issue, and I don't suppose that is going to change soon.</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft