Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Synchronize two PMs

Thanks for your help. The subject of my suggestion was within the scope of the development of Pegasus Mail.

Thanks for your help. The subject of my suggestion was within the scope of the development of Pegasus Mail.

I would like to synchronize the PM on my laptop with the PM on my desktop. To have new mail in both, and sent mail too...

Have no idea how it can be done. Just asking [:)]

<p>I would like to synchronize the PM on my laptop with the PM on my desktop. To have new mail in both, and sent mail too...</p><p> </p><p>Have no idea how it can be done. Just asking [:)]  </p>

This will somewhat repeat a reply elsewhere in these forums, but your setup seems to be even closer to mine - a main desktop computer and an associated laptop.  The key to my solution is that my ISP allows me up to three email addresses and has a facility to copy all mail from the main address to one of the others.  This provides a clean method for both computers to get copies of any email sent to the main address.  I think Pegasus will use the 'from:' email address (i.e. the main address) that you have specified in your setup for outgoing mail even when replying to email sent 'to' another address.   I use the 'BCC:' option to try and keep the 'copies to self' folder somewhat in sync (I haven't got that part working perfectly yet). If your ISP can't do what I have described, you can always specifiy 'leave a copy on the host' and 'only download unread mail'.  But then you will need some way of clearing out the mailbox on the ISP's server before it gets too full.  IMAP might be an option, but my ISP doesn't do that.

If the desktop is always ON when the laptop is ON and you have a fast network between them, there may be other options, but that is beyond my comfort zone for advice.

<P>This will somewhat repeat a reply elsewhere in these forums, but your setup seems to be even closer to mine - a main desktop computer and an associated laptop.  The key to my solution is that my ISP allows me up to three email addresses and has a facility to copy all mail from the main address to one of the others.  This provides a clean method for both computers to get copies of any email sent to the main address.  I think Pegasus will use the 'from:' email address (i.e. the main address) that you have specified in your setup for outgoing mail even when replying to email sent 'to' another address.   I use the 'BCC:' option to try and keep the 'copies to self' folder somewhat in sync (I haven't got that part working perfectly yet). If your ISP can't do what I have described, you can always specifiy 'leave a copy on the host' and 'only download unread mail'.  But then you will need some way of clearing out the mailbox on the ISP's server before it gets too full.  IMAP might be an option, but my ISP doesn't do that.</P> <P>If the desktop is always ON when the laptop is ON and you have a fast network between them, there may be other options, but that is beyond my comfort zone for advice.</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft