Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Address book sub-forum

This version of CS can't have sub-forums, only groups and sub-groups. I'm rather contemplating merging the two forums within Pegasus Mail and the two within Mercury, since they are too much alike one another. The best way to browse different areas is to use the tag-cloud and tag the posts with a corresponding issue-group.

This version of CS can't have sub-forums, only groups and sub-groups. I'm rather contemplating merging the two forums within Pegasus Mail and the two within Mercury, since they are too much alike one another. The best way to browse different areas is to use the tag-cloud and tag the posts with a corresponding issue-group.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have a separate sub-forum for Address book?

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have a separate sub-forum for Address book?

[quote user="arnaudherve"]Wouldn't it be a good idea to have a separate sub-forum for Address book?
[/quote]

Why?  Is there something special about addressbooks you want to discuss?

<p>[quote user="arnaudherve"]Wouldn't it be a good idea to have a separate sub-forum for Address book? [/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Why?  Is there something special about addressbooks you want to discuss?</p><p> </p>

I really don't know what to answer here.

Your reply seems to imply that there is something unusual in creating a sub-forum for a separate feature, on a larger forum that already has sub-forums for separate features. Your reply also seems to imply that it is just me who have "something special" to discuss, on a larger forum where a large majority agrees that dedicated work on this feature would be useful.

Therefore I am puzzled and suspect we are not talking about the same things. 

<p>I really don't know what to answer here.</p><p> </p><p>Your reply seems to imply that there is something unusual in creating a sub-forum for a separate feature, on a larger forum that already has sub-forums for separate features. Your reply also seems to imply that it is just me who have "something special" to discuss, on a larger forum where a large majority agrees that dedicated work on this feature would be useful.</p><p> </p><p>Therefore I am puzzled and suspect we are not talking about the same things. </p>

[quote user="arnaudherve"]Wouldn't it be a good idea to have a separate sub-forum for Address book?[/quote]

Sorry, I'd prefer not to add more forums. When setting this up we elaborated on having forums in different languages, and decided we wouldn't cloud the system with many forums - with somewhat less activivity. Mainly since the search features are very powerful.

Therefore, I suggest that whenever you post regarding a certain feature/component of a program, you use the tags section. See the tags I added below.

<P>[quote user="arnaudherve"]Wouldn't it be a good idea to have a separate sub-forum for Address book?[/quote]</P> <P>Sorry, I'd prefer not to add more forums. When setting this up we elaborated on having forums in different languages, and decided we wouldn't cloud the system with many forums - with somewhat less activivity. Mainly since the search features are very powerful.</P> <P>Therefore, I suggest that whenever you post regarding a certain feature/component of a program, you use the tags section. See the tags I added below.</P>

As far as I can see, the interface of this forum entices the user to navigate through the hierarchy of themes, not by tags. I had understood the Address book was to be a major improvement in 5.0, but if that will not lead to several useful threads, it's ok to me not to have a dedicated sub-forum.

On the contrary, if there are many things to discuss, then not having a dedicated sub-forum would not encourage clarity.

For example I see there are no City and Country fields in the New Entry box. No mobile phone either... No right-click "View this person's last messages", etc.

<p>As far as I can see, the interface of this forum entices the user to navigate through the hierarchy of themes, not by tags. I had understood the Address book was to be a major improvement in 5.0, but if that will not lead to several useful threads, it's ok to me not to have a dedicated sub-forum.</p><p> </p><p>On the contrary, if there are many things to discuss, then not having a dedicated sub-forum would not encourage clarity. </p><p> </p><p>For example I see there are no City and Country fields in the New Entry box. No mobile phone either... No right-click "View this person's last messages", etc. </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft