Community Discussions and Support
X-PMFLAGS not in header

No need to feel stupid, why did you think I said to look in the signature file.   We all do dumb things once in awhile.  ;-)

<p>No need to feel stupid, why did you think I said to look in the signature file.   We all do dumb things once in awhile.  ;-) </p><p> </p>

For a time (I think at least since v.4), Pmail has appended a line that looks like

X-PMFLAGS: 16384 0 1 INETSIG.PMS     

in the body of the message, below the main text, and above the

signature line. This is in addition to the X_PMFLAGS  line in the

header. I've done a bunch of searches, and nothing comes up. It sure

makes for ugly emails, especially if I forget to pad the bottom with

extra CRs.

Any thoughts?

<p>For a time (I think at least since v.4), Pmail has appended a line that looks like</p><p> X-PMFLAGS: 16384 0 1 INETSIG.PMS      </p><p>  in the body of the message, below the main text, and above the signature line. This is in addition to the X_PMFLAGS  line in the header. I've done a bunch of searches, and nothing comes up. It sure makes for ugly emails, especially if I forget to pad the bottom with extra CRs.</p><p> </p><p>Any thoughts?  </p><p> </p><p>  </p>

[quote user="matth"]

For a time (I think at least since v.4), Pmail has appended a line that looks like

X-PMFLAGS: 16384 0 1 INETSIG.PMS     

in the body of the message, below the main text, and above the

signature line. This is in addition to the X_PMFLAGS  line in the

header. I've done a bunch of searches, and nothing comes up. It sure

makes for ugly emails, especially if I forget to pad the bottom with

extra CRs.

Any thoughts?

[/quote]

I have never seen this happen so here are my guesses.

1.  This line is in a signature file but unseen.  When checking signatures, check both the formatted and the unformatted versions of the signature.

2.  You have a user defined gateway setup that inserts this when creating the PMX final form.  Use pconfig.exe from the program directory to verify.

In any case send a message to support@tstephenson.com so I can see exactly how you are sending your mail. 

(Peter I know you don't want email addresses in this forum but this one has been out in the wild for so long it's on every spammers list already)

[quote user="matth"]<p>For a time (I think at least since v.4), Pmail has appended a line that looks like</p><p> X-PMFLAGS: 16384 0 1 INETSIG.PMS      </p><p>  in the body of the message, below the main text, and above the signature line. This is in addition to the X_PMFLAGS  line in the header. I've done a bunch of searches, and nothing comes up. It sure makes for ugly emails, especially if I forget to pad the bottom with extra CRs.</p><p>Any thoughts? </p><p> [/quote]</p><p> </p><p>I have never seen this happen so here are my guesses.</p><p>1.  This line is in a signature file but unseen.  When checking signatures, check both the formatted and the unformatted versions of the signature.</p><p>2.  You have a user defined gateway setup that inserts this when creating the PMX final form.  Use pconfig.exe from the program directory to verify.</p><p>In any case send a message to support@tstephenson.com so I can see exactly how you are sending your mail.  </p><p>(Peter I know you don't want email addresses in this forum but this one has been out in the wild for so long it's on every spammers list already) </p><p>  </p>

ohhh...I feel stupid. I think it was in my sig file.

<p>ohhh...I feel stupid. I think it was in my sig file.</p><p> </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft