Community Discussions and Support
Unable to access any user logon

Hi - thanks very much for that.

The settings showing for some reason did not have the progra~1 folder included, no idea why.

Anyway, it seems to be going fine now. Much appreciated

<p>Hi - thanks very much for that.</p><p>The settings showing for some reason did not have the progra~1 folder included, no idea why.</p><p>Anyway, it seems to be going fine now. Much appreciated  </p>

Hi,

My copy of Pegasus Mail has suddenly stopped recognising any of the user id's that have been set up.

Whenever I try logging in to any account I get a message saying that the user I am attempting to become is not recognised on this system.

I was working fine last night, and my pc was shut down correctly, so I have no idea why the problem has started.

I'm running win xp home, and my pmail version is 4.02. I found a file on the "c:\program files\PMAIL\MAIL" folder called PMAIL.USR. I opened this up with wordpad to have a look and all of the user identities seemed to be set up fine.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks - Richard

<p>Hi,</p><p> My copy of Pegasus Mail has suddenly stopped recognising any of the user id's that have been set up.</p><p>Whenever I try logging in to any account I get a message saying that the user I am attempting to become is not recognised on this system.</p><p>I was working fine last night, and my pc was shut down correctly, so I have no idea why the problem has started.</p><p>I'm running win xp home, and my pmail version is 4.02. I found a file on the "c:\program files\PMAIL\MAIL" folder called PMAIL.USR. I opened this up with wordpad to have a look and all of the user identities seemed to be set up fine.</p><p>Can anyone assist?</p><p>Thanks - Richard  </p>

[quote user="richardr01"]

Hi,

My copy of Pegasus Mail has suddenly stopped recognising any of the user id's that have been set up.

Whenever I try logging in to any account I get a message saying that the user I am attempting to become is not recognised on this system.

I was working fine last night, and my pc was shut down correctly, so I have no idea why the problem has started.

I'm running win xp home, and my pmail version is 4.02. I found a file on the "c:\program files\PMAIL\MAIL" folder called PMAIL.USR. I opened this up with wordpad to have a look and all of the user identities seemed to be set up fine.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks - Richard

[/quote]

Use pconfig.exe from the WinPMail program directory can check the settings of the Standalone HOME and NEW mail directories.  Based on where you find the pmail.usr file I expect this should be c:\progra~1\pmail\mail\~8

[quote user="richardr01"]<p>Hi,</p><p> My copy of Pegasus Mail has suddenly stopped recognising any of the user id's that have been set up.</p><p>Whenever I try logging in to any account I get a message saying that the user I am attempting to become is not recognised on this system.</p><p>I was working fine last night, and my pc was shut down correctly, so I have no idea why the problem has started.</p><p>I'm running win xp home, and my pmail version is 4.02. I found a file on the "c:\program files\PMAIL\MAIL" folder called PMAIL.USR. I opened this up with wordpad to have a look and all of the user identities seemed to be set up fine.</p><p>Can anyone assist?</p><p>Thanks - Richard  </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> Use pconfig.exe from the WinPMail program directory can check the settings of the Standalone HOME and NEW mail directories.  Based on where you find the pmail.usr file I expect this should be c:\progra~1\pmail\mail\~8</p><p>  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft