Community Discussions and Support
confirm delivery and confirm reading

Is there a way to optionally send the confirmation of reading depending on who it's going to?  e.g. it throws up a screen "do you want to send this confirmation of reading to joespammer@spammerworld.com.invalid

Is there a way to optionally send the confirmation of reading depending on who it's going to?  e.g. it throws up a screen "do you want to send this confirmation of reading to joespammer@spammerworld.com.invalid

I know how to use the confirm delivery and confirm reading when I send messages from Pegasus v 4.21c.  What I wish to do is tell Pegasus not to send that info when it is requested in a message I receive.  Is there a way to do that?  I do not want spammers to know that the message appeared on my computer.

Thanks, Bobbie 

<p>I know how to use the confirm delivery and confirm reading when I send messages from Pegasus v 4.21c.  What I wish to do is tell Pegasus not to send that info when it is requested in a message I receive.  Is there a way to do that?  I do not want spammers to know that the message appeared on my computer.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks, Bobbie </p>

Uncheck Tools | Options | Advanced 'Accept requests to "confirm reading"'

This option only applies when you are not connected to a NetWare server. It determines whether Pegasus Mail should send automatic answers indicating that you have read a message when the "request confirmation of reading" flag is set in that message. If you uncheck it, Pegasus Mail will never send confirmation of reading. If you are running on a NetWare LAN this option will be greyed and you cannot change it - instead, alter the option in your Extended features preferences.

<p>Uncheck Tools | Options | Advanced 'Accept requests to "confirm reading"'</p><p> This option only applies when you are not connected to a NetWare server. It determines whether Pegasus Mail should send automatic answers indicating that you have read a message when the "request confirmation of reading" flag is set in that message. If you uncheck it, Pegasus Mail will never send confirmation of reading. If you are running on a NetWare LAN this option will be greyed and you cannot change it - instead, alter the option in your Extended features preferences. </p>

Thank you, Thomas.  I really appreciate the info. I tried looking in the help section but was unable to find it.

Bobbie 

<p>Thank you, Thomas.  I really appreciate the info. I tried looking in the help section but was unable to find it.</p><p>Bobbie </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft