Community Discussions and Support
New Mail indicator

[quote user="ineuw"]One instance of WinPMail cannot see all user mailboxes unless you have added their mailboxes an user account via "Add mailbox to list" and you have not mentioned that you are using this.

Hi Thomas,

That is exactly what I have done.  I used the "Add mailbox to list".   Now, the question remains, is it possible to indicate unread mail automatically, as opposed to the colour change occurring only when I click on each mailbox?

Nope, you have to go into the added mailbox to make is active.  Even then the the count on a folder will be wrong unless you actually click on the folder. You can though run multiple copies of Pegasus Mail using the -MS commndline option and then use the popup "Telltale" new mail notification to know when the new mail arrives.  I do this quite often.

If you only have a formatted signature you will have no signature at all unless the rich text box is checked.  If you want a signature with plain text message you need a plain text signature.

I misunderstood the term "rich text".  I ignored it because I thought it refers to Microsoft's .rtf format.

ineuw

[/quote]
[quote user="ineuw"]<i><b>One instance of WinPMail cannot see all user mailboxes unless you have added their mailboxes an user account via "Add mailbox to list" and you have not mentioned that you are using this. </b></i><p>Hi Thomas,</p><p><i>That is exactly what I have done.  I used the "Add mailbox to list".   Now, the question remains, is it possible to indicate unread mail automatically, as opposed to the colour change occurring only when I click on each mailbox?</i></p><p> <u><i><b>Nope, you have to go into the added mailbox to make is active.  Even then the the count on a folder will be wrong unless you actually click on the folder. You can though run multiple copies of Pegasus Mail using the -MS commndline option and then use the popup "Telltale" new mail notification to know when the new mail arrives.  I do this quite often.</b></i></u>  </p><p><i><b>If you only have a formatted signature you will have no signature at all unless the rich text box is checked.  If you want a signature with plain text message you need a plain text signature. </b></i></p><p><i>I misunderstood the term "rich text".  I ignored it because I thought it refers to Microsoft's .rtf format.</i></p><p>ineuw </p><p> </p>[/quote]

I set up Pegasus Mail with 4 Indentities, each with their own "New Mail Folder", all admirably served by Mercury mail transport.  Everything is fine except when I get new mail, it doesn't automatically highlight the folder related to the Identity in which the new mail was placed.  I must click on each the New Mail Folders to activate the colour change to indicate which Identity folder received new mail.  Is there a way for the folder colour to change automatically when it contains unread messages?

Thanks for any help

ineuw

<p>I set up Pegasus Mail with 4 Indentities, each with their own "New Mail Folder", all admirably served by Mercury mail transport.  Everything is fine except when I get new mail, it doesn't automatically highlight the folder related to the Identity in which the new mail was placed.  I must click on each the New Mail Folders to activate the colour change to indicate which Identity folder received new mail.  Is there a way for the folder colour to change automatically when it contains unread messages?</p><p>Thanks for any help</p><p>ineuw</p><p>  </p><p> </p><p> </p>

[quote user="ineuw"]

I set up Pegasus Mail with 4 identities, each with their own "New Mail Folder", all admirably served by Mercury mail transport.  Everything is fine except when I get new mail, it doesn't automatically highlight the folder related to the Identity in which the new mail was placed.  I must click on each the New Mail Folders to activate the colour change to indicate which Identity folder received new mail.  Is there a way for the folder colour to change automatically when it contains unread messages?

Thanks for any help

ineuw
 [/quote]

I'm a bit confused here.  Identities do not have separate new mail folders, that all share the same new mail directory.  Users though do have separate new mail folders (directories) but yuo'd need to use "Add mailbox to list" to see these separate mailboxes.  Could you be more specific as to how you are setup?

[quote user="ineuw"]<p>I set up Pegasus Mail with 4 identities, each with their own "New Mail Folder", all admirably served by Mercury mail transport.  Everything is fine except when I get new mail, it doesn't automatically highlight the folder related to the Identity in which the new mail was placed.  I must click on each the New Mail Folders to activate the colour change to indicate which Identity folder received new mail.  Is there a way for the folder colour to change automatically when it contains unread messages?</p><p>Thanks for any help</p><p>ineuw  [/quote]</p><p> </p><p>I'm a bit confused here.  Identities do not have separate new mail folders, that all share the same new mail directory.  Users though do have separate new mail folders (directories) but yuo'd need to use "Add mailbox to list" to see these separate mailboxes.  Could you be more specific as to how you are setup?</p><p> </p>

Thanks for your speedy reply.  I suspected that my description may not be perfectly clear, and perhaps my setup may be unorthodox but, this was the only way I managed to set up what I wanted and it works beautifully. So, here goes a more detailed description.

In Mercury, I created 4 Local users which generated 4 mail folders under \MERCURY\MAIL\.  Then, I created 4 identities in Pegasus Mail, for these 4 local users.  Under Pegasus\Folders, I created 4 Mailboxes and linked each to the respective identities and pointed them to their respective mail folders in \MERCURY\MAIL.  In Pegasus' Options\Basic settings, I specified the default 'New mail folder' for each identity.

Now, as mail arrives, Mercury places it in the respective folder, and Pegasus indicates by sound that new mail arrived.  Unfortunately, the Mailbox folders (named New mail folder by Pegasus), do not automatically indicate which contain the newly arrived/unread mail.  I must click on each one to discover the new arrival.  The pre-defined folder colour changes to my selected colour, only after I click on a folder.

I hope this makes sense,

ineuw
P.S: In addition, I just noticed that my signature was not added to outgoing mail.

<p>Thanks for your speedy reply.  I suspected that my description may not be perfectly clear, and perhaps my setup may be unorthodox but, this was the only way I managed to set up what I wanted and it works beautifully. So, here goes a more detailed description. </p><p>In Mercury, I created 4 Local users which generated 4 mail folders under \MERCURY\MAIL\.  Then, I created 4 identities in Pegasus Mail, for these 4 local users.  Under Pegasus\Folders, I created 4 Mailboxes and linked each to the respective identities and pointed them to their respective mail folders in \MERCURY\MAIL.  In Pegasus' Options\Basic settings, I specified the default 'New mail folder' for each identity. </p><p>Now, as mail arrives, Mercury places it in the respective folder, and Pegasus indicates by sound that new mail arrived.  Unfortunately, the Mailbox folders (named New mail folder by Pegasus), do not automatically indicate which contain the newly arrived/unread mail.  I must click on each one to discover the new arrival.  The pre-defined folder colour changes to my selected colour, only after I click on a folder. </p><p>I hope this makes sense,</p><p>ineuw P.S: In addition, I just noticed that my signature was not added to outgoing mail. </p><p> </p>

[quote user="ineuw"]

Thanks for your speedy reply.  I suspected that my description may not be perfectly clear, and perhaps my setup may be unorthodox but, this was the only way I managed to set up what I wanted and it works beautifully. So, here goes a more detailed description.

In Mercury, I created 4 Local users which generated 4 mail folders under \MERCURY\MAIL\.  Then, I created 4 identities in Pegasus Mail, for these 4 local users.  Under Pegasus\Folders, I created 4 Mailboxes and linked each to the respective identities and pointed them to their respective mail folders in \MERCURY\MAIL.  In Pegasus' Options\Basic settings, I specified the default 'New mail folder' for each identity.

How did you do this?  All identities use the same new mail folder.  There is no configuration item that will allow you to set a different new mail folder for an identity.

Now, as mail arrives, Mercury places it in the respective folder, and Pegasus indicates by sound that new mail arrived.  Unfortunately, the Mailbox folders (named New mail folder by Pegasus), do not automatically indicate which contain the newly arrived/unread mail.  I must click on each one to discover the new arrival.  The pre-defined folder colour changes to my selected colour, only after I click on a folder.

I hope this makes sense,

ineuw
P.S: In addition, I just noticed that my signature was not added to outgoing mail.

Make sure you are editing the correct signature.  There are multiple signatures  and when sending plain text yuo need the plain text signature.

[/quote]
[quote user="ineuw"]<p>Thanks for your speedy reply.  I suspected that my description may not be perfectly clear, and perhaps my setup may be unorthodox but, this was the only way I managed to set up what I wanted and it works beautifully. So, here goes a more detailed description. </p><p>In Mercury, I created 4 Local users which generated 4 mail folders under \MERCURY\MAIL\.  Then, I created 4 identities in Pegasus Mail, for these 4 local users.  Under Pegasus\Folders, I created 4 Mailboxes and linked each to the respective identities and pointed them to their respective mail folders in \MERCURY\MAIL.  In Pegasus' Options\Basic settings, I specified the default 'New mail folder' for each identity.</p><p><b>How did you do this?  All identities use the same new mail folder.  There is no configuration item that will allow you to set a different new mail folder for an identity.</b></p><p> </p><p>Now, as mail arrives, Mercury places it in the respective folder, and Pegasus indicates by sound that new mail arrived.  Unfortunately, the Mailbox folders (named New mail folder by Pegasus), do not automatically indicate which contain the newly arrived/unread mail.  I must click on each one to discover the new arrival.  The pre-defined folder colour changes to my selected colour, only after I click on a folder. </p><p>I hope this makes sense,</p><p>ineuw P.S: In addition, I just noticed that my signature was not added to outgoing mail.</p><p><b>Make sure you are editing the correct signature.  There are multiple signatures  and when sending plain text yuo need the plain text signature.</b></p><p> </p><p> </p>[/quote]

How did you do this?  All identities use the same new mail folder.  There is no configuration item that will allow you to set a different new mail folder for an identity.

I have 4 identities and each has a mailbox.  Pegasus manages SMTP through my ISP and Mercury manages my POP3.  There is no POP3 setup in Pegasus.  That is all I can tell you.  If you need any additional info please let me know.

ineuw

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope this makes sense,

ineuw

Make sure you are editing the correct signature.  There are multiple signatures and when sending plain text you need the plain text signature.

I only use internet address, formatted content style and it appears on a newly created email only when I check to 'Add this variant upon message creation.

<p>In Mercury, I created 4 Local users which generated 4 mail folders under \MERCURY\MAIL\.  Then, I created 4 identities in Pegasus Mail, for these 4 local users.  Under Pegasus\Folders, I created 4 Mailboxes and linked each to the respective identities and pointed them to their respective mail folders in \MERCURY\MAIL.  In Pegasus' Options\Basic settings, I specified the default 'New mail folder' for each identity.</p><p><b>How did you do this?  All identities use the same new mail folder.  There is no configuration item that will allow you to set a different new mail folder for an identity.</b></p><p><i>I have 4 identities and each has a mailbox.  Pegasus manages SMTP through my ISP and Mercury manages my POP3.  There is no POP3 setup in Pegasus.  That is all I can tell you.  If you need any additional info please let me know.</i></p><p> ineuw</p><p>_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________</p><p> </p><p>Now, as mail arrives, Mercury places it in the respective folder, and Pegasus indicates by sound that new mail arrived.  Unfortunately, the Mailbox folders (named New mail folder by Pegasus), do not automatically indicate which contain the newly arrived/unread mail.  I must click on each one to discover the new arrival.  The pre-defined folder colour changes to my selected colour, only after I click on a folder. </p><p>I hope this makes sense,</p><p>ineuw P.S: In addition, I just noticed that my signature was not added to outgoing mail.</p><p><b>Make sure you are editing the correct signature.  There are multiple signatures and when sending plain text you need the plain text signature.</b></p><p><i>I only use internet address, formatted content style and it appears on a newly created email only when I check to 'Add this variant upon message creation.</i> </p>

[quote user="ineuw"]

I have 4 identities and each has a mailbox.  Pegasus manages SMTP through my ISP and Mercury manages my POP3.  There is no POP3 setup in Pegasus.  That is all I can tell you.  If you need any additional info please let me know.

ineuw

Lets try and define some terms here.

Users  -  Each user has

a mailbox consisting of a home and new mail directory (inbox)  The new

mail directory contains the new mail as received.

Identities -  A

user can have identities.  These identities all share the same home and

new mail directory; all have the same folders. 

Mercury/32 -  only knows users, mail goes to a users new mail directory only.  Identities mean nothing to Mercury/32 when delivering mail.

Since identities all have the same mailbox structure, including

the same new mail directory, there is no way to have separate inboxes.  One instance of WinPMail cannot see all user mailboxes unless you have added their mailboxes an user account via "Add mailbox to list" and you have not mentioned that you are using this.

Now, as mail arrives, Mercury places it in the respective folder,

and Pegasus indicates by sound that new mail arrived.  Unfortunately,

the Mailbox folders (named New mail folder by Pegasus), do not

automatically indicate which contain the newly arrived/unread mail.  I

must click on each one to discover the new arrival.  The pre-defined

folder colour changes to my selected colour, only after I click on a

folder.

I hope this makes sense,

ineuw

Make

sure you are editing the correct signature.  There are multiple

signatures and when sending plain text you need the plain text

signature.

I only use internet address, formatted content

style and it appears on a newly created email only when I check to 'Add

this variant upon message creation.

If you only have a formatted signature you will have no signature at all unless the rich text box is checked.  If you want a signature with plain text message you need a plain text signature.

[/quote]

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[quote user="ineuw"]<p>In Mercury, I created 4 Local users which generated 4 mail folders under \MERCURY\MAIL\.  Then, I created 4 identities in Pegasus Mail, for these 4 local users.  Under Pegasus\Folders, I created 4 Mailboxes and linked each to the respective identities and pointed them to their respective mail folders in \MERCURY\MAIL.  In Pegasus' Options\Basic settings, I specified the default 'New mail folder' for each identity.</p><p><b>How did you do this?  All identities use the same new mail folder.  There is no configuration item that will allow you to set a different new mail folder for an identity.</b></p><p><i>I have 4 identities and each has a mailbox.  Pegasus manages SMTP through my ISP and Mercury manages my POP3.  There is no POP3 setup in Pegasus.  That is all I can tell you.  If you need any additional info please let me know.</i></p><p> ineuw</p><p><i><b>Lets try and define some terms here.</b></i></p><p><i><b> Users  -  Each user has a mailbox consisting of a home and new mail directory (inbox)  The new mail directory contains the new mail as received. </b></i></p><p><i><b>Identities -  A user can have identities.  These identities all share the same home and new mail directory; all have the same folders.  </b></i></p><p><i><b>Mercury/32 -  only knows users, mail goes to a users new mail directory only.  Identities mean nothing to Mercury/32 when delivering mail. </b></i> </p><p><i><b>Since identities all have the same mailbox structure, including the same new mail directory, there is no way to have separate inboxes.  One instance of WinPMail cannot see all user mailboxes unless you have added their mailboxes an user account via "Add mailbox to list" and you have not mentioned that you are using this. </b></i></p><p> </p><p>Now, as mail arrives, Mercury places it in the respective folder, and Pegasus indicates by sound that new mail arrived.  Unfortunately, the Mailbox folders (named New mail folder by Pegasus), do not automatically indicate which contain the newly arrived/unread mail.  I must click on each one to discover the new arrival.  The pre-defined folder colour changes to my selected colour, only after I click on a folder. </p><p>I hope this makes sense,</p><p>ineuw P.S: In addition, I just noticed that my signature was not added to outgoing mail.</p><p><b>Make sure you are editing the correct signature.  There are multiple signatures and when sending plain text you need the plain text signature.</b></p><p><i>I only use internet address, formatted content style and it appears on a newly created email only when I check to 'Add this variant upon message creation.</i></p><p><i><b>If you only have a formatted signature you will have no signature at all unless the rich text box is checked.  If you want a signature with plain text message you need a plain text signature. </b></i></p><p> </p>[/quote]<p>  </p><p>_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________</p><p> </p>

One instance of WinPMail cannot see all user mailboxes unless you have added their mailboxes an user account via "Add mailbox to list" and you have not mentioned that you are using this.

Hi Thomas,

That is exactly what I have done.  I used the "Add mailbox to list".   Now, the question remains, is it possible to indicate unread mail automatically, as opposed to the colour change occurring only when I click on each mailbox?

I misunderstood the term "rich text".  I ignored it because I thought it refers to Microsoft's .rtf format.

ineuw

<i><b>One instance of WinPMail cannot see all user mailboxes unless you have added their mailboxes an user account via "Add mailbox to list" and you have not mentioned that you are using this. </b></i><p>Hi Thomas,</p><p><i>That is exactly what I have done.  I used the "Add mailbox to list".   Now, the question remains, is it possible to indicate unread mail automatically, as opposed to the colour change occurring only when I click on each mailbox? </i></p><p><i><b>If you only have a formatted signature you will have no signature at all unless the rich text box is checked.  If you want a signature with plain text message you need a plain text signature. </b></i></p><p><i>I misunderstood the term "rich text".  I ignored it because I thought it refers to Microsoft's .rtf format.</i></p><p>ineuw </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft