Community Discussions and Support
Cannot create sub-folders

Ok!  Thanks to BOTH Thomas'es, I understand how the hierarchy is setup and how to make it function (I needed both tips to make it work).  With regard to the ongoing discussion about the future way it should work, I would agree that having it work like Outlook would be preferable and probably for many people, more intuitive...but intuition sure is a subjective thing! [:P]

Thanks everybody!

<P>Ok!  Thanks to BOTH Thomas'es, I understand how the hierarchy is setup and how to make it function (I needed both tips to make it work).  With regard to the ongoing discussion about the future way it should work, I would agree that having it work like Outlook would be preferable and probably for many people, more intuitive...but intuition sure is a subjective thing! [:P]</P> <P>Thanks everybody!</P>

I have recently started using Pegasus and moved my mail from Outlook Express.  I wanted to have an indentical folder hierarchy, which included some sub-folders.  Unfortunately, I'm unable to create sub-folders for some reason.  I've ended up with a list of folders all at the same level.  If I choose to move a folder it brings up the folder tree and asks me to select the folder to which I want to move the current folder.  I select it and tell it to move it and it just flashes briefly and stays in the same place.  I'm running 4.41 with the French language pack.  Any ideas of what might be going wrong or what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks!

<P>I have recently started using Pegasus and moved my mail from Outlook Express.  I wanted to have an indentical folder hierarchy, which included some sub-folders.  Unfortunately, I'm unable to create sub-folders for some reason.  I've ended up with a list of folders all at the same level.  If I choose to move a folder it brings up the folder tree and asks me to select the folder to which I want to move the current folder.  I select it and tell it to move it and it just flashes briefly and stays in the same place.  I'm running 4.41 with the French language pack.  Any ideas of what might be going wrong or what I might be doing wrong?</P> <P>Thanks!</P>

[quote user="dleigh"]

I have recently started using Pegasus and moved my mail from Outlook Express.  I wanted to have an indentical folder hierarchy, which included some sub-folders.  Unfortunately, I'm unable to create sub-folders for some reason.  I've ended up with a list of folders all at the same level.  If I choose to move a folder it brings up the folder tree and asks me to select the folder to which I want to move the current folder.  I select it and tell it to move it and it just flashes briefly and stays in the same place.  I'm running 4.41 with the French language pack.  Any ideas of what might be going wrong or what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks!

[/quote]

Pegasus Mail does not support folders that contain both mail and folders.  You can have trays that hold folders but you cannot have folders that contain both mail and folders.

[quote user="dleigh"]<p>I have recently started using Pegasus and moved my mail from Outlook Express.  I wanted to have an indentical folder hierarchy, which included some sub-folders.  Unfortunately, I'm unable to create sub-folders for some reason.  I've ended up with a list of folders all at the same level.  If I choose to move a folder it brings up the folder tree and asks me to select the folder to which I want to move the current folder.  I select it and tell it to move it and it just flashes briefly and stays in the same place.  I'm running 4.41 with the French language pack.  Any ideas of what might be going wrong or what I might be doing wrong?</p> <p>Thanks!</p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Pegasus Mail does not support folders that contain both mail and folders.  You can have trays that hold folders but you cannot have folders that contain both mail and folders.</p><p> </p><p> </p>

We have an ongoing beta discussion about this topic and hopefully one day it will be possible to store both mails and folders in a hierarchy like f.ex. outlook does. The limitation exists within both Pegasus Mail and Mercury/32.

We have an ongoing beta discussion about this topic and hopefully one day it will be possible to store both mails and folders in a hierarchy like f.ex. outlook does. The limitation exists within both Pegasus Mail and Mercury/32.

Hello!

[quote user="dleigh"]If I choose to move a folder it brings up the folder tree and asks me to select the folder to which I want to move the current folder. I select it and tell it to move it and it just flashes briefly and stays in the same place. I'm running 4.41 with the French language pack.[/quote]

When moving a folder from one filing tray to another one, make sure that the target filing tray is open. If the target filing tray is closed, you cannot move a folder there.
Look at the icon of the target filing tray and the small square left to it. The icon looks similar to a yellow loose leaf binder, the small square contains "+" or "­". If the loose leaf binder is closed and you see "-", that filing tray is closed. Then, you cannot move a folder into that filing tray.
(Left-)Click on that filing tray. In order to open the filing tray, press the right-arrow key (you will see the difference). Once opened, the filing tray can be the target for moving a folder to it.

Hello! [quote user="dleigh"]If I choose to move a folder it brings up the folder tree and asks me to select the folder to which I want to move the current folder. I select it and tell it to move it and it just flashes briefly and stays in the same place. I'm running 4.41 with the French language pack.[/quote] When moving a folder from one filing tray to another one, make sure that the target filing tray is open. If the target filing tray is closed, you cannot move a folder there. Look at the icon of the target filing tray and the small square left to it. The icon looks similar to a yellow loose leaf binder, the small square contains "+" or "­". If the loose leaf binder is closed and you see "-", that filing tray is closed. Then, you cannot move a folder into that filing tray. (Left-)Click on that filing tray. In order to open the filing tray, press the right-arrow key (you will see the difference). Once opened, the filing tray can be the target for moving a folder to it.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft