Community Discussions and Support
N00B - Outgoing Jobs : Mercury Core display

[quote user="Methuselah"]

Hi there.

I was trying to implement an autoreply using template.
( I chose failure.mer  for starters)

I tested by matching to a known webmail address, twice.

I think it worked, because I saw the Mercury Core Process display showing a message being created by postmaster@myserver.com going back to the address I sent from.
There are also 2 jobs listed under Ready: in the Outgoing Jobs: line.

Thing is, they never leave - no response to the sender over an hour later.

1.  Where can I view these jobs ?

2.  How can I get them to go - I guess there is some config thing I have missed.

Robin.

[/quote]

I assume you are replying to a non-local address and you saw core create the message for the external email address.  You should see these messages in the outbound queue as a MO*.QCF/QDF file pair.  This is assuming that MercuryC/E has not processed the outbound mail.  What do the system and the MercuryC/E logs show?

[quote user="Methuselah"]<p>Hi there.</p><p>I was trying to implement an autoreply using template. ( I chose failure.mer  for starters) </p><p>I tested by matching to a known webmail address, twice. </p><p>I think it worked, because I saw the Mercury Core Process display showing a message being created by postmaster@myserver.com going back to the address I sent from. There are also 2 jobs listed under Ready: in the Outgoing Jobs: line.</p><p>   Thing is, they never leave - no response to the sender over an hour later.</p><p>1.  Where can I view these jobs ?</p><p>2.  How can I get them to go - I guess there is some config thing I have missed.</p><p> </p><p>Robin.</p><p> [/quote]</p><p> I assume you are replying to a non-local address and you saw core create the message for the external email address.  You should see these messages in the outbound queue as a MO*.QCF/QDF file pair.  This is assuming that MercuryC/E has not processed the outbound mail.  What do the system and the MercuryC/E logs show?</p><p> </p><p>  </p>

Hi there.

I was trying to implement an autoreply using template.
( I chose failure.mer  for starters)

I tested by matching to a known webmail address, twice.

I think it worked, because I saw the Mercury Core Process display showing a message being created by postmaster@myserver.com going back to the address I sent from.
There are also 2 jobs listed under Ready: in the Outgoing Jobs: line.

Thing is, they never leave - no response to the sender over an hour later.

1.  Where can I view these jobs ?

2.  How can I get them to go - I guess there is some config thing I have missed.

Robin.

<p>Hi there.</p><p>I was trying to implement an autoreply using template. ( I chose failure.mer  for starters) </p><p>I tested by matching to a known webmail address, twice. </p><p>I think it worked, because I saw the Mercury Core Process display showing a message being created by postmaster@myserver.com going back to the address I sent from. There are also 2 jobs listed under Ready: in the Outgoing Jobs: line.</p><p>   Thing is, they never leave - no response to the sender over an hour later.</p><p>1.  Where can I view these jobs ?</p><p>2.  How can I get them to go - I guess there is some config thing I have missed.</p><p> </p><p>Robin.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>

They're in the queue directory. Not easy to forcibly send them - see the FAQ on the values of the QDL files.

But, if it is autoreplies you want to do, insert areply.pm in the user mailbox, and that message gets sent immediately back to the sender.

<P>They're in the queue directory. Not easy to forcibly send them - see the FAQ on the values of the QDL files.</P> <P>But, if it is autoreplies you want to do, insert areply.pm in the user mailbox, and that message gets sent immediately back to the sender.</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft