Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Show the status of Pegasus Mail

Our company has been using Pegasus Mail since the 90's and overall, although we have had some problems which we have managed to overcome through the help of technical support or the mailing list, the experience has been pretty good. The opening of these forums was a great move.

I have been managing the company email since 2001, and I have one wish in particular that I would love to see implemented. When Pegasus Mail is performing a task which takes a long time, you have no idea what the status of that task is. I have learnt that just because Windows reports that Pegasus Mail is 'not responding', it does not mean that Pegasus has crashed. It can be frustrating when you are waiting for a process to complete and the Window refuses to refresh - often the previous window contents will be displayed.

So, would it be possible to get Pegasus to be able to report it's status when it is busy? Just knowing that the program has not crashed would be sufficient. It is far more preferable than sitting at my machine thinking - how much longer should I give this task before hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del? Subsequently, I have learnt that it is always a good idea to leave Pegasus for at least an hour before forcing a close down, but it would be nice to be able to close it down in the knowledge that it really has crashed, rather than be left wondering...

My machine: WinXP Pro SP2, 2GB RAM, Intel Core 2 CPU 1.8GHz, Nvidia Quadro NVS 285, 2x74GB SATA drives.

<P>Our company has been using Pegasus Mail since the 90's and overall, although we have had some problems which we have managed to overcome through the help of technical support or the mailing list, the experience has been pretty good. The opening of these forums was a great move.</P> <P>I have been managing the company email since 2001, and I have one wish in particular that I would love to see implemented. When Pegasus Mail is performing a task which takes a long time, you have no idea what the status of that task is. I have learnt that just because Windows reports that Pegasus Mail is 'not responding', it does not mean that Pegasus has crashed. It can be frustrating when you are waiting for a process to complete and the Window refuses to refresh - often the previous window contents will be displayed.</P> <P>So, would it be possible to get Pegasus to be able to report it's status when it is busy? Just knowing that the program has not crashed would be sufficient. It is far more preferable than sitting at my machine thinking - how much longer should I give this task before hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del? Subsequently, I have learnt that it is always a good idea to leave Pegasus for at least an hour before forcing a close down, but it would be nice to be able to close it down in the knowledge that it really has crashed, rather than be left wondering...</P> <P>My machine: WinXP Pro SP2, 2GB RAM, Intel Core 2 CPU 1.8GHz, Nvidia Quadro NVS 285, 2x74GB SATA drives.</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft