Community Discussions and Support
Any desktop search products compatible with PMail?

I use TextPad - it has a nice search function that finds text in files (say, *.PMM) and displays the results in a separate window.  

Clicking on a result opens the file and places the cursor at the first occurrence. RegExp is supported, too.

It's also a superior text editor. [Y]  Shareware; http://www.textpad.com

I use TextPad - it has a nice search function that finds text in files (say, *.PMM) and displays the results in a separate window.   Clicking on a result opens the file and places the cursor at the first occurrence. RegExp is supported, too. It's also a superior text editor. [Y]  Shareware; http://www.textpad.com  

I've tried Google and Copernic desktop searches and neither works well with PMail in my experience.  I get the equivalent of a plain text search, almost like a Unix grep and no ability to see full messages that contain the terms.

I was wondering if these packages could be configured to work with PMail or if there is another desktop search utility that does a better job.

--- Ravi 

<p>I've tried Google and Copernic desktop searches and neither works well with PMail in my experience.  I get the equivalent of a plain text search, almost like a Unix grep and no ability to see full messages that contain the terms.</p><p>  I was wondering if these packages could be configured to work with PMail or if there is another desktop search utility that does a better job. </p><p> --- Ravi </p>

I have yet to find one myself.  I see that Copernic Search supports Eudora and Thunderbird, both of which use MBX-style mailbox folders.  If you were to convert all your Pegasus Mail folders to MBX folders (NOT  RECOMMENDED -- the MBX support is more for the convenience of opening mailbox folders from Netscape Mail than for day-to-day use), Copernic Search might be able to deal with Pegasus Mail.  Might be worth a trial if you're desperate for search.

I have yet to find one myself.  I see that Copernic Search supports Eudora and Thunderbird, both of which use MBX-style mailbox folders.  If you were to convert all your Pegasus Mail folders to MBX folders (NOT  RECOMMENDED -- the MBX support is more for the convenience of opening mailbox folders from Netscape Mail than for day-to-day use), Copernic Search might be able to deal with Pegasus Mail.  Might be worth a trial if you're desperate for search.

Thanks.   Desktop Search would have been a convenience, not a necessity so I'll leave things as they are. 

Thanks.   Desktop Search would have been a convenience, not a necessity so I'll leave things as they are. 
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft