Community Discussions and Support
Virscan 4.92 Command Line for Norton AV 2007

Martin:

OK.  I just played with this a little more on a trial and error basis.  I tried eliminating the switch entirely.  And it appears that in Norton AV 2007, you don't need a switch; you just need the file marker.  

So this command line seems to be working now: C:\Progra~1\Norton~1\navw32.exe "%f"

Thanks again for helping me get this started.  Sorry for the bother.  Hope this solution will help someone else. 

<p>Martin:</p><p> </p><p>OK.  I just played with this a little more on a trial and error basis.  I tried eliminating the switch entirely.  And it appears that in Norton AV 2007, you don't need a switch; you just need the file marker.  </p><p>So this command line seems to be working now: C:\Progra~1\Norton~1\navw32.exe "%f"</p><p>Thanks again for helping me get this started.  Sorry for the bother.  Hope this solution will help someone else.   </p>

I'm having difficulty getting a functioning command line for Virscan 4.92 for Norton AV 2007.  I have the right path to the scanner I'm fairly sure, but I must not have the right switch. 

The command line I am trying to use is : C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navw32.exe "f%" /DOALLFILES.  The message returned is that Virscan cannot invoke the scanner.  

Does anyone have a good command line for Norton AV 2007?  Thanks.

<p>I'm having difficulty getting a functioning command line for Virscan 4.92 for Norton AV 2007.  I have the right path to the scanner I'm fairly sure, but I must not have the right switch.  </p><p>The command line I am trying to use is : C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navw32.exe "f%" /DOALLFILES.  The message returned is that Virscan cannot invoke the scanner.  </p><p> Does anyone have a good command line for Norton AV 2007?  Thanks.  </p>

Hello,

You need to recode your cmdline=  line in Virscan.ini to short form directory names, so your line would be:

C:\Progra~1\Norton~1\navw32.exe "%f" /DOALLFILES

Please also note that the filename marker is %f, which I have indicated on the line above.

HTH

Martin 

<p>Hello,</p><p>You need to recode your cmdline=  line in Virscan.ini to short form directory names, so your line would be:</p><p>C:\Progra~1\Norton~1\navw32.exe "%f" /DOALLFILES </p><p> Please also note that the filename marker is %f, which I have indicated on the line above.</p><p>HTH</p><p>Martin </p><p> </p><p> </p>

Martin:

Thanks for your reply.  I do have the file name marker correctly set to %f, and have duplicated the command line you show above.  Virscan does start the scanner now, but I get a Norton error message that says: /DOALLFILES is not a valid command-line switch.  This seems odd since this switch has worked for me in prior Norton versions, and I have checked and rechecked the Virscan.ini file to make sure I am not causing this with typos. 

Don't want to be a nuisance, but is there another possibility for the switch?  I tried /M, which is the switch suggested in Virscan.ini for norton corporate but that also returned the message: /M is not a valid command-line switch.

Thanks.  

<p>Martin:</p><p> Thanks for your reply.  I do have the file name marker correctly set to %f, and have duplicated the command line you show above.  Virscan does start the scanner now, but I get a Norton error message that says: /DOALLFILES is not a valid command-line switch.  This seems odd since this switch has worked for me in prior Norton versions, and I have checked and rechecked the Virscan.ini file to make sure I am not causing this with typos.  </p><p>Don't want to be a nuisance, but is there another possibility for the switch?  I tried /M, which is the switch suggested in Virscan.ini for norton corporate but that also returned the message: /M is not a valid command-line switch.</p><p>Thanks.  </p><p>   </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft