Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Feature request for making Pegasus Mail "crashproof"

Hi !

Well, today was a dark Sunday since I lost my tray structure entirely and had only a two month old backup of this critical file named "HIERARCH.PM" which has been corrupted and God only knows how. It seems this kind of corruption has stroke several users, so I was wondering if the next release could have some sort of self-backup procedure (with maybe the creation of a new Windows folder called "BACKUP") which will make a copy of the critical files such the one I mentioned. Since the capacity of our hard drives are becoming bigger every day, maybe this feature (if chosen to be coded of course) could be enriched with some frequency options like those :

(1) choose when Pegasus Mail should backup its critical files :

(a) after X openings of the program (where X can be chosen by the user)

(b) each time the program is ended

(c) while the program is opened, every Y minutes

etc.

(2) choose the location of the backups (default folder being "BACKUP")

Well, I guess you all get the picture. I am sure there is a lot of other potential "options" that can be added, and I strongly hope this feature or something close will be implemented in the next release.

Bye !

Ginhead 

<p>Hi !</p><p>Well, today was a dark Sunday since I lost my tray structure entirely and had only a two month old backup of this critical file named "HIERARCH.PM" which has been corrupted and God only knows how. It seems this kind of corruption has stroke several users, so I was wondering if the next release could have some sort of self-backup procedure (with maybe the creation of a new Windows folder called "BACKUP") which will make a copy of the critical files such the one I mentioned. Since the capacity of our hard drives are becoming bigger every day, maybe this feature (if chosen to be coded of course) could be enriched with some frequency options like those :</p><p> </p><p>(1) choose when Pegasus Mail should backup its critical files :</p><p>(a) after X openings of the program (where X can be chosen by the user)</p><p>(b) each time the program is ended</p><p>(c) while the program is opened, every Y minutes</p><p>etc.</p><p>(2) choose the location of the backups (default folder being "BACKUP")</p><p> </p><p>Well, I guess you all get the picture. I am sure there is a lot of other potential "options" that can be added, and I strongly hope this feature or something close will be implemented in the next release.</p><p>Bye !</p><p>Ginhead </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft