Community Discussions and Support
Trying to send a titanic sized message...renders Pegasus almost inoperable

[quote user="Bob"]

I just received a call from an office where I occasionally work and where I am--for better or for worse--the default IT person. Someone tried to send out a very large e-mail about 265Meg in size.  He can still check mail but Pegasus is working at a snails pace, and there is a message at the bottom left that says "applying mail filtering rules."

I have advised this individual to go to lunch and see if Pegasus Mail finishes "applying mail filtering rules" by the time he gets back. Was this good advice or is there something else going on here?

Thanks,,

Bob Mulder

Raleigh, NC

[/quote]

Tell to close down Pegasus Mail and remove the hughe *.cnm file from the Home mailbox location.

[quote user="Bob"]<p>I just received a call from an office where I occasionally work and where I am--for better or for worse--the default IT person. Someone tried to send out a very large e-mail about 265Meg in size.  He can still check mail but Pegasus is working at a snails pace, and there is a message at the bottom left that says "applying mail filtering rules." </p> <p> I have advised this individual to go to lunch and see if Pegasus Mail finishes "applying mail filtering rules" by the time he gets back. Was this good advice or is there something else going on here?</p> <p> Thanks,,</p> <p>Bob Mulder</p> <p>Raleigh, NC</p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Tell to close down Pegasus Mail and remove the hughe *.cnm file from the Home mailbox location.</p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

I just received a call from an office where I occasionally work and where I am--for better or for worse--the default IT person. Someone tried to send out a very large e-mail about 265Meg in size.  He can still check mail but Pegasus is working at a snails pace, and there is a message at the bottom left that says "applying mail filtering rules."

I have advised this individual to go to lunch and see if Pegasus Mail finishes "applying mail filtering rules" by the time he gets back. Was this good advice or is there something else going on here?

Thanks,,

Bob Mulder

Raleigh, NC

<P>I just received a call from an office where I occasionally work and where I am--for better or for worse--the default IT person. Someone tried to send out a very large e-mail about 265Meg in size.  He can still check mail but Pegasus is working at a snails pace, and there is a message at the bottom left that says "applying mail filtering rules." </P> <P> I have advised this individual to go to lunch and see if Pegasus Mail finishes "applying mail filtering rules" by the time he gets back. Was this good advice or is there something else going on here?</P> <P> Thanks,,</P> <P>Bob Mulder</P> <P>Raleigh, NC</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft