> I know that there is a way to configure a holding zone for email
> should the primary email server become unavailable due to network
> outage or server issue, and that this can be automatic by configuring
> an alternate MX record with a higher priority.  According to someone I
> have spoken with the email would be stored in one large chunk ( linux
> server) then when the promary server becomes available it would pull
> all the data back.  Does anyone know how to configure mercury to do
> this?

Mercury/32 does not at yet have the capability to perform as a MX server.  That said you can setup Mercury/32 to create a domain account that will store mail delivered for a domain and then the primary system can connect via a POP3 type connector (fetchmail, MercuryD) and deliver it to the users.  Of course the DNS must be modified to point of the Mercury/32 system as a MX host.

> I know that there is a way to configure a holding zone for email > should the primary email server become unavailable due to network > outage or server issue, and that this can be automatic by configuring > an alternate MX record with a higher priority.  According to someone I > have spoken with the email would be stored in one large chunk ( linux > server) then when the promary server becomes available it would pull > all the data back.  Does anyone know how to configure mercury to do > this? Mercury/32 does not at yet have the capability to perform as a MX server.  That said you can setup Mercury/32 to create a domain account that will store mail delivered for a domain and then the primary system can connect via a POP3 type connector (fetchmail, MercuryD) and deliver it to the users.  Of course the DNS must be modified to point of the Mercury/32 system as a MX host.

I know that there is a way to configure a holding zone for email should the primary email server become unavailable due to network outage or server issue, and that this can be automatic by configuring an alternate MX record with a higher priority.  According to someone I have spoken with the email would be stored in one large chunk ( linux server) then when the promary server becomes available it would pull all the data back.  Does anyone know how to configure mercury to do this?

I know that there is a way to configure a holding zone for email should the primary email server become unavailable due to network outage or server issue, and that this can be automatic by configuring an alternate MX record with a higher priority.  According to someone I have spoken with the email would be stored in one large chunk ( linux server) then when the promary server becomes available it would pull all the data back.  Does anyone know how to configure mercury to do this?
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft