Community Discussions and Support
Pegasus signon problem with long user name. (Resolved)

I have Mercury installed on a server and PMail on about 20 computers.  Everything is working as expected except I have 2 user names longer than 8 characters long and I cannot log into there accounts.  I get "The user you are attempting to 'become' (USERNAME) does not exist on this system."  When I shorten the username to be 8 or less everything work.  I have the Local Mailbox directory path ending with ~N.  I have tried changing it to ~8 but receive the same error.

Thanks for your help.

I Resolved this with pconfig and running pconfig.exe.  I selected the "Standalone" menu and changed the ~8 to ~N and everything works.

<P>I have Mercury installed on a server and PMail on about 20 computers.  Everything is working as expected except I have 2 user names longer than 8 characters long and I cannot log into there accounts.  I get "The user you are attempting to 'become' (USERNAME) does not exist on this system."  When I shorten the username to be 8 or less everything work.  I have the Local Mailbox directory path ending with ~N.  I have tried changing it to ~8 but receive the same error.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Thanks for your help.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>I Resolved this with pconfig and running pconfig.exe.  I selected the "Standalone" menu and changed the ~8 to ~N and everything works.</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft