Community Discussions and Support
Pasword problem in opening Pegasus Mail

[quote user="Tom"]

Apparently I made a big mistake.  In shifting over from OE, which requires a password to connect to my cable service via a wireless connection to my cable modem (I am on a network with one other computer), I checked the box requiring a NetWare password (there were no other boxes to check regarding passwords).  Now I am unable to open my Pegasus Mail because it requires a NetWare password.   Where and how do I (I) go to uncheck the NetWare password

Edit the pmail.ini file and change the line for the Netware password from Y to N.

and (2) how do I set up Pegasus Mail to utilize the network password into my modem?  TIA, Tom

Not sure what this means.  When I set a password in the wireless setup it's set outside of any application program.

[/quote]
[quote user="Tom"]<p>Apparently I made a big mistake.  In shifting over from OE, which requires a password to connect to my cable service via a wireless connection to my cable modem (I am on a network with one other computer), I checked the box requiring a NetWare password (there were no other boxes to check regarding passwords).  Now I am unable to open my Pegasus Mail because it requires a NetWare password.   Where and how do I (I) go to uncheck the NetWare password </p><p><b>Edit the pmail.ini file and change the line for the Netware password from Y to N.</b></p><p> </p><p>and (2) how do I set up Pegasus Mail to utilize the network password into my modem?  TIA, Tom</p><p> <b>Not sure what this means.  When I set a password in the wireless setup it's set outside of any application program.</b>  </p>[/quote]

Apparently I made a big mistake.  In shifting over from OE, which requires a password to connect to my cable service via a wireless connection to my cable modem (I am on a network with one other computer), I checked the box requiring a NetWare password (there were no other boxes to check regarding passwords).  Now I am unable to open my Pegasus Mail because it requires a NetWare password.   Where and how do I (I) go to uncheck the NetWare password and (2) how do I set up Pegasus Mail to utilize the network password into my modem?  TIA, Tom

<P>Apparently I made a big mistake.  In shifting over from OE, which requires a password to connect to my cable service via a wireless connection to my cable modem (I am on a network with one other computer), I checked the box requiring a NetWare password (there were no other boxes to check regarding passwords).  Now I am unable to open my Pegasus Mail because it requires a NetWare password.   Where and how do I (I) go to uncheck the NetWare password and (2) how do I set up Pegasus Mail to utilize the network password into my modem?  TIA, Tom</P>

[quote user="Tom"]

Apparently I made a big mistake.  In shifting over from OE, which requires a password to connect to my cable service via a wireless connection to my cable modem (I am on a network with one other computer), I checked the box requiring a NetWare password (there were no other boxes to check regarding passwords).  Now I am unable to open my Pegasus Mail because it requires a NetWare password.   Where and how do I (I) go to uncheck the NetWare password and (2) how do I set up Pegasus Mail to utilize the network password into my modem?  TIA, Tom

[/quote]

Not sure if this will work, but the "Help" file has the following entry:

How can I stop Pegasus Mail from running in "NetWare mode"?
You can force Pegasus Mail to run in standalone mode (ie, to ignore the connection to the NetWare server) by changing the command line you use to run the program to "WINPM-32.EXE -A". This commandline switch also works for the DOS version of Pegasus Mail.
 If this doesn't work, you might also try renaming PMAIL.CFG in the Pegasus Mail program directory.
[quote user="Tom"]<p>Apparently I made a big mistake.  In shifting over from OE, which requires a password to connect to my cable service via a wireless connection to my cable modem (I am on a network with one other computer), I checked the box requiring a NetWare password (there were no other boxes to check regarding passwords).  Now I am unable to open my Pegasus Mail because it requires a NetWare password.   Where and how do I (I) go to uncheck the NetWare password and (2) how do I set up Pegasus Mail to utilize the network password into my modem?  TIA, Tom</p><p>[/quote] </p><p>Not sure if this will work, but the "Help" file has the following entry: </p><blockquote><b>How can I stop Pegasus Mail from running in "NetWare mode"?</b> <blockquote>You can force Pegasus Mail to run in standalone mode (ie, to ignore the connection to the NetWare server) by changing the command line you use to run the program to "WINPM-32.EXE -A". This commandline switch also works for the DOS version of Pegasus Mail. </blockquote></blockquote> If this doesn't work, you might also try renaming PMAIL.CFG in the Pegasus Mail program directory.

Angus S-F; where do I find the command line (you are talking to a neophyte here)?

Tom

<P>Angus S-F; where do I find the command line (you are talking to a neophyte here)?</P> <P>Tom</P>

In the properties of the shortcut to Pegasus Mail, in the target field add -A at the end of the line, it should works

Regards 

<p>In the properties of the shortcut to Pegasus Mail, in the target field add -A at the end of the line, it should works</p><p> </p><p>Regards </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft